Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The official match day thread: Derby vs Aston Villa

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I will never ever understand how refs are so thick that they fail to add extra time onto added on time. There was a good minute or so of time wasting (including a yellow) during that 7 mins but he blew up dead on 7 mins. I couldn't care less who wins but this nonsense irritates me and it's the easiest part of the job.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Aston Villa UP...Lampard off to Chelsea, turmoil at Derby

If true, it will be interesting to see how these different club strategies work:

Appointing the best managers in the world - ManC, Spuds & Arsenal.

Appointing unproven fans favourites as managers - ManU & Chelsea.

My instinct is that Guardiola & Poch, will better Solskjaer & Lampard.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Enjoyable game.

I love the play offs, the essence of sport, an entire season distilled into one game.

Tomori looked excellent. With Chelsea's transfer ban surely he's going to be getting some game time there.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm not sure how many times in recent years Derby have been challenging for promotion, but I think its quite a lot without success.

Their fans must be really frustrated :wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If true, it will be interesting to see how these different club strategies work:

Appointing the best managers in the world - ManC, Spuds & Arsenal.

Appointing unproven fans favourites as managers - ManU & Chelsea.

My instinct is that Guardiola & Poch, will better Solskjaer & Lampard.

Not disagreeing, but unless Arsenal win the Europa league, haven’t they failed in their prime objective.

Similarly, you could also argue that Lampard has actually done well in his first season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not sure how many times in recent years Derby have been challenging for promotion, but I think its quite a lot without success.

Can’t stand Villa and Terry, but the silver lining is that Derby’s FFP cheating owner (the ‘profit’ on sale of stadium manoeuvre), failed to get his unjust reward.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How many Villa players are on loan?
I know Mings is, maybe Abrahams too, any others?

Edit:
I’ve just googled it,they have Mings, Abraham’s, El Ghazi, Hause, and Tuanzebe.

If they replace or buy these players, that is a lot of money, to just stand still.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I feel for them, it’s just about every season that they fail in the playoffs. Gutting for it to keep happening. I enjoyed all bar one of our games against them in the Championship. They should have gone on to win the season of the game they thrashed us at their place in the playoffs. Was that the Zamora final?

I like Derby as an awayday. The first time I went there was at the Baseball ground when we were in the third division, they were in the first and we ran them close in losing the game, which was a replay.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I hope you’re right for Albion reasons.

My head tells me they’ll be mid table with ease - they already have about 20 highly paid names who are good players (many with top flight experience, unlike Fulham), and they’re a cocky club who will spend big.

Yes gutted, I feel the same, that means we need to finish above an established team. Though if Grealish went to Spurs and they don’t replace Abraham’s they could struggle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes gutted, I feel the same, that means we need to finish above an established team. Though if Grealish went to Spurs and they don’t replace Abraham’s they could struggle.

Now promoted, Grealish will stay and receive a mega contract.

TB is very unusual in the PL, having a £50k wages cap.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I feel for them, it’s just about every season that they fail in the playoffs. Gutting for it to keep happening. I enjoyed all bar one of our games against them in the Championship. They should have gone on to win the season of the game they thrashed us at their place in the playoffs. Was that the Zamora final?

I like Derby as an awayday. The first time I went there was at the Baseball ground when we were in the third division, they were in the first and we ran them close in losing the game, which was a replay.

The Brunswick is the best away pub IMHO

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
How many Villa players are on loan?
I know Mings is, maybe Abrahams too, any others?

Edit:
I’ve just googled it,they have Mings, Abraham’s, El Ghazi, Hause, and Tuanzebe.

If they replace or buy these players, that is a lot of money, to just stand still.

They have just got £170million...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Now promoted, Grealish will stay and receive a mega contract.

TB is very unusual in the PL, having a £50k wages cap.

Probably (but you never know), but picking up a point you made in another thread, arguably Chris was hamstrung in terms of PL quality, pace and guile by the wage structure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here