Page 22 of 140 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272122 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Its is probably me being an old grouch, but what REALLY pisses me off and stopped me watching the IPL , is all this crowd shot bollox

Every few seconds we are faced with “ happy” people jumping up and down in front of the camera..grinning inanely and waving manically! The thing is it doesn’t matter how the team are doing...yesterday, when the Aussies were batting, it was all quiet in the ground, the Indians only get behind their team when they are winning and playing well, and the cameras kept going into the crowd and there they all are leaping about ....... even when a four or six is hit by the opposition it is as if it is an Indian has done it.

The Indians are not alone in doing this, but it is so bloody false, I end up switching off and listening to the radio!

You like your team, we get that, but who is all this “ enthusiasm” aimed at..we don’t ****ing care about your team..we don’t ****ing care if you are happy.

Yesterday they cut to some grinning twats as the bowler was running up and cut away as the ball passed the batsman ...it’s as if the cricket didn’t matter and it was all about these twats.

.......and breathe

.....and relax.....
    " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
    The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Its is probably me being an old grouch, but what REALLY pisses me off and stopped me watching the IPL , is all this crowd shot bollox

Every few seconds we are faced with “ happy” people jumping up and down in front of the camera..grinning inanely and waving manically! The thing is it doesn’t matter how the team are doing...yesterday, when the Aussies were batting, it was all quiet in the ground, the Indians only get behind their team when they are winning and playing well, and the cameras kept going into the crowd and there they all are leaping about ....... even when a four or six is hit by the opposition it is as if it is an Indian has done it.

The Indians are not alone in doing this, but it is so bloody false, I end up switching off and listening to the radio!

You like your team, we get that, but who is all this “ enthusiasm” aimed at..we don’t ****ing care about your team..we don’t ****ing care if you are happy.

Yesterday they cut to some grinning twats as the bowler was running up and cut away as the ball passed the batsman ...it’s as if the cricket didn’t matter and it was all about these twats.

.......and breathe

.....and relax.....
      Quality Rant, made up for the washout at the Toilet Bowl.

Agree with every word.

Anyway back to the Competition, isn't it nice to see the minnows Seth Efrica have finally picked up a point?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Warner 'bowled' but the bails didnt come off that is the 5th time this tournament that it has happened. Why should that be?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sea Cider View Post
      Anyone supposed to be going to SA vs WI today? Looks horrible weather wise :-/

Yeah I had a great day
      Stand up if you hate Palace!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      Warner 'bowled' but the bails didnt come off that is the 5th time this tournament that it has happened. Why should that be?
      The LED bails are a lot heavier apparently
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Somezing very strange about that indeed but the ICC have bailed out on doing anything about it. Wish I could put a light on it but I'm stumped.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post

.......and breathe

.....and relax.....
      I was at the Oval on Wednesday for NZ v Ban. Now, don't get me wrong - it was a great atmosphere in the ground and Bangladesh fans really enjoyed themselves. Never seen so many grown men carrying around large cuddly (tiger) toys but still.

However, even in the ground, the screens kept cutting to crowd shots or even more annoying, people very badly attempting to play the cricket bat guitar rather than showing replays of what has just happened on the field. Also, the PA and scoreboards at the Oval were lacking in information. Had to resort to phone apps to find out any details about economy rates, scoring rates etc.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      That Cottrell catch at the boundary to remove Smith was one of the best pieces of fielding I've ever seen. It was genius
      I can confirm it was quite amazing live. I got a couple of quite late tickets which must have been held back in Row A on the flat for potential disabled use.

It was literally heading at me when he caught it the first time. In the still shots I can see that my hands were coming up to catch it but I suspect it would have just smacked into me!
      52 North
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      The LED bails are a lot heavier apparently
      Then need to get rid immediately. Absolute shambles. The sport has to embrace technology / entertainment, but when it starts affecting the actual sport things have clearly gone wrong.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      The weather has not helped matters but this World Cup is yet to really catch fire. The Champions Trophy is infinitely more exciting, top 8 teams two groups of 4 and all done and dusted in a fortnight.

It is conceivable that every game this week could be washed out.

Winner with a capital W
      1989 Rear of the Year (West Dorset Area, 1998 Runner Up Can't Cook/Won't Cook, 2013 NSC Rugby League Sweepstake Champion, 2014 NSC World Snooker Championship Runner-Up, 2017 Six Nations Prediction Winner, 2017 NSC Rugby League World Champion, 2017 Lyme Regis News Poster of the Year, 2019 NSC World Darts Sweepstake Champion