Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2019 Cricket World Cup

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That grumpy attitude is just not Cricket

Not grumpy at all, I'm not about to cancel or postpone all the things I need to do on Sunday thanks to the largesse of a multi million pound organisation giving me a reminder of what I used to watch for free, I will be hoping, praying and listening though through the day. A triumph of hope over expectation !

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not grumpy at all, I'm not about to cancel or postpone all the things I need to do on Sunday thanks to the largesse of a multi million pound organisation giving me a reminder of what I used to watch for free, I will be hoping, praying and listening though through the day. A triumph of hope over expectation !

Having taken down both the Millionaires and the Convicts, I fully expect a pleasant day watching two civilised teams enjoying a GENTLEMANS recreation.

Seeing as New Zealand is effectively England circa 1965 I don't mind who wins...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Having taken down both the Millionaires and the Convicts, I fully expect a pleasant day watching two civilised teams enjoying a GENTLEMANS recreation.

Seeing as New Zealand is effectively England circa 1965 I don't mind who wins...
Absolute bollocks. If we bat first and end up at 25-3 you will be spitting feathers.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We had some fantastic battles against NZ a couple of years ago, it should be a good game.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

In other words you’re wife has given you a list then

I’m sure you’ll reply with country walks and Grandchildren or even visiting a sick relative though [emoji23][emoji23]

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
In other words you’re wife has given you a list then

I’m sure you’ll reply with country walks and Grandchildren or even visiting a sick relative though [emoji23][emoji23]

Ha! You must have been spying on us! My wife said that on Sunday we're going for a country walk, with our grandson, then we're going to see her father whose not very well. I said bollocks to that, I'm watching the cricket. So we discussed it amicably and eventually we compromised and agreed to go on a country walk with our grandson and visit her poorly father.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ha! You must have been spying on us! My wife said that on Sunday we're going for a country walk, with our grandson, then we're going to see her father whose not very well. I said bollocks to that, I'm watching the cricket. So we discussed it amicably and eventually we compromised and agreed to go on a country walk with our grandson and visit her poorly father.

Weak very weak

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Yes - but if you take your radio and earplugs and simply ignore everything that is said to you during the whole day as you're listening to the cricket, then next time.....

Alternatively, will your father-in-law have the cricket on? If so - go there first, and then just say that you'll keep him company and look after him all day!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've started listening to yesterday's commentary again, reliving the destruction of the Aussie top order :rave:

I've watched the highlights 3 or 4 times since the end of the match yesterday.

Shane Warne on Roy's 3rd consecutive 6 off Smith, shouting "that ones coming up here to the commentary box" :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here