Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2019 Cricket World Cup

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
I heard that. F1 on C4 and so ODI on More4.
Probably be some Guardian readers moaning that More4 on Freeview is not available to people with an old TV and no set box.....

Given that those people will have been without tv of any kind for the last 7 years it would seem an odd complaint to make ???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Now tv is fine on a small TV but on larger the 25fps makes it blurry. BT on the other hand is smooth as it streams 50fps.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Given that those people will have been without tv of any kind for the last 7 years it would seem an odd complaint to make ???

Fair enough. But those in the poverty trap for more than 9 years would be unlikely to be able to watch it.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Now tv is fine on a small TV but on larger the 25fps makes it blurry. BT on the other hand is smooth as it streams 50fps.

I must admit I have a little one of only 40".

Problem with BT is they used to chose the main event sport and could suddenly stop showing the sky cricket halfway through play. May have changed in 18 months.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot

I have a 65" OLED, the cricket via Now TV has been excellent, just a bit laggy when the white ball moves fast across the green outfield. Very good value at £25 a month and it also allows me to stream on a second laptop monitor while I WFH.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How come it now becomes ‘free’ ? Most of the people I know who enjoy cricket go on and on about ‘Oh I’d rather listen to it on test match special blah blah’
I hope you don’t come shoving yourselves into threads involving us real fans of cricket and Premier League Football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry chaps but Firestick is the way to go.

It turns your TV into a Smart TV and in just a couple of minutes I had 'rivers' of other content.

Today I got flumfy channel hopping between the cricket and Le Tour.
I ended up putting 2 TV's together, watching the cricket on Star Sports via the Firestick and Le Tour on t'other TV via a Roku stick, which is pretty basic.

I can watch the Albion and don't get me started in TV and films.

#GameChanger.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was there today and on train back to London now. One of the best days. Edgbaston might not be the prettiest ground but that’s one hell of at atmosphere.

What was it like on the wickets falling of Finch, Warner and Handscomb? Going by the Sky highlights, the roars and crowd reaction, matched key Ashes wicket taking moments over the years .... immense.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How come it now becomes ‘free’ ? Most of the people I know who enjoy cricket go on and on about ‘Oh I’d rather listen to it on test match special blah blah’
I hope you don’t come shoving yourselves into threads involving us real fans of cricket and Premier League Football.

I doubt very much that the World Cup Cricket final will be free on a general basis, this is only because England have made the final against all the odds as we have virtually always been semi final chokers in most sporting events. I long long long ago lost the opportunity to watch live cricket and I will probably not bother too much about watching this on Sunday either as I have plenty more things to do than sit in front of the box for 7 hours.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We did get the New Zealand-esque fielding performance though, that was the crucial factor.

If you watch it on Sunday remember it’s Sky by the goodness of their hearts and generous nature allowing you to watch it. I’ve got to take junior to the south of England champs in Kent so I’m fricked.

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
I doubt very much that the World Cup Cricket final will be free on a general basis, this is only because England have made the final against all the odds as we have virtually always been semi final chokers in most sporting events. I long long long ago lost the opportunity to watch live cricket and I will probably not bother too much about watching this on Sunday either as I have plenty more things to do than sit in front of the box for 7 hours.

That grumpy attitude is just not Cricket

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have a 65" OLED, the cricket via Now TV has been excellent, just a bit laggy when the white ball moves fast across the green outfield. Very good value at £25 a month and it also allows me to stream on a second laptop monitor while I WFH.

Cricket is fine on NOWTV. My original response was 'lucky it's not football'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here