Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Abjectly poor Windies performance, hopelessly outclassed

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
How many runs will Root get for England in all formats if he stays injury-free? He must have a good 10 years in him... :ohmy:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thought I heard today that Kevin Pitersen's strike rate for England in ODIs would put him at the bottom of current England team's career strike rate.
Didn't believe that so checked on cricinfo and couldn't find one English player from today that was below his 86.58. Young Joe Root is just above probably due to playing back in the old days and the rest around 100. Joffra has 160.
Shows how much the game has changed in a short time.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How many runs will Root get for England in all formats if he stays injury-free? He must have a good 10 years in him... :ohmy:

Equalled KP's record as the only English batsmen to score 2 hundreds in a World Cup.

Joe's only played 4 games so far though. It would take a brave man to bet against him getting another one, or more, in this tournament!

Top run scorer in the WC so far as well....... Oh and two important wickets today.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thought I heard today that Kevin Pitersen's strike rate for England in ODIs would put him at the bottom of current England team's career strike rate.
Didn't believe that so checked on cricinfo and couldn't find one English player from today that was below his 86.58. Young Joe Root is just above probably due to playing back in the old days and the rest around 100. Joffra has 160.
Shows how much the game has changed in a short time.

It's bonkers isn't it. They were talking earlier about how Root doesn't need to have a super high strike rate as his job is to be the glue around players like Buttler, Roy and Morgan who will SMASH it.

But he's still scored a 94 ball century today with no time pressure and seemingly without breaking a sweat. Could have nurdled it about in singles and would still have got a ton and won the game.

As you say, it's a different game these days!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got home from the game. Little bit one-sided to be much of a contest and the Windies tried to turn it into a bit of a pantomime at times, but Root’s innings was absolutely sublime to watch. In total control throughout, can’t recall much in the way of false shots. Played a few gorgeous shots in amongst the fantastic placement and strike rotation. Fantastic stuff.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Aussies may be in trouble, Sri Lanka are batting well

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
600,000 application for the India v Pakistan match according to Sky.

Norman Tebbitt would not be happy.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
600,000 application for the India v Pakistan match according to Sky.

Norman Tebbitt would not be happy.
A mate of mine (Kashmiri originally and a big fan of Pakistan) looked at getting tickets a few months ago.

Cheapest he found were £1200.

He decided against it.

Both his lads play for Yorkshire btw. And want to play for England, not Pakistan. Bloody immigrants. Coming over here, improving our cricket standards....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A mate of mine (Kashmiri originally and a big fan of Pakistan) looked at getting tickets a few months ago.

Cheapest he found were £1200.

He decided against it.

Both his lads play for Yorkshire btw. And want to play for England, not Pakistan. Bloody immigrants. Coming over here, improving our cricket standards....

They shouldn't be allowed to PLAY.

Unless they are leg spinners, of course, we need those.....:lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They shouldn't be allowed to PLAY.

Unless they are leg spinners, of course, we need those.....[emoji38]ol:
Both born here and both VERY good with the bat. Younger lad can turn it as well and is also the best fielder at 12 I've ever seen. Bucket hands!

Joking aside, they're a lovely family and good friends. **** you Nigel!!!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Anyway back to the game, think India should do it with some ease, Pakistan usually have one great game in them per tournament and they have already played it against England. Would be interesting if they did win of course but it is increasingly looking like Us vs. The Convicts.

EDIT: The weather forecast isn't very good....:down:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyway back to the game, think India should do it with some ease, Pakistan usually have one great game in them per tournament and they have already played it against England. Would be interesting if they did win of course but it is increasingly looking like Us vs. The Convicts.

I feel for the Indian and Pakistani players, there is HUGE pressure on them to perform in this match with possibly hundreds of millions viewing back home. This really is war but without the bullets. It should be a fairly comfortable win for India but who knows ? I just hope we get a result and it's not lost to the weather.

Edit : Ps, looking like us/convicts and India will be 3/4 qualifiers..... I fear we will choke as usual .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Poor bowling so far from Pakistan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here