Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
So, all the Israeli settlements are on the Golan Heights? Righty-ho.

All Israeli settlements within the Golan Heights, Judea and Samaria are perfectly legal, you'll find. Israel left Gaza in 2005.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mate of mine has been working in Southall on a big new build site says it's almost all Muslim in the area now even the toilets on site were squat downs so much for integration eh straight into Heathrow and just a short ride into your own country
Regards
DR

Southall is 25.8% Muslim. So either your friend is bullshitting or you are. Or, as I think is more likely, your friend thinks all brown people are Muslim.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you deliberately failing to.mention the West bank or are you going to mention it in a different post.

The West Bank is far more complicated, and it isn't just a black and white, good and evil type of situation. Jordan is also involved as it used to be called Transjordan. Israel has done some awful things but then so have Hamas and prior to them the PLO. Many people have tried to have peace talks and it still isn't resolved. I cannot take one side nor the other on this particular issue.
What I do know is there are Jewish, Muslim, and Christians living in peace within Israel, which is the only country in the Middle East which tolerates all three faiths. Jordan is not so bad, but not as good.

Waveknight

Banned
Apr 30, 2019
The West Bank is far more complicated, and it isn't just a black and white, good and evil type of situation. Jordan is also involved as it used to be called Transjordan. Israel has done some awful things but then so have Hamas and prior to them the PLO. Many people have tried to have peace talks and it still isn't resolved. I cannot take one side nor the other on this particular issue.
What I do know is there are Jewish, Muslim, and Christians living in peace within Israel, which is the only country in the Middle East which tolerates all three faiths. Jordan is not so bad, but not as good.

Its not complicated at all , the West Bank is occupied territory , its not part of Israels pre 1967 borders , the settlements are illegal under international law , its a land grab , what is complicated about yhat ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Southall is 25.8% Muslim. So either your friend is bullshitting or you are. Or, as I think is more likely, your friend thinks all brown people are Muslim.

come on mate ....over a quarter muslim by official numbers ....a quarter muslim in a British borough.......do yo not find that a tad contradictory......there are only supposed to be 2.5 million muslims in Britain as a whole........hold on my unicorn drawn rainbow chariot is here to take me back to the boozer....ciao..!!

Jan 30, 2008
maybe you need to take a trip up there sunshine and find out for yourself , sorry to burst your bubble.:wink:
regards
DR

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
come on mate ....over a quarter muslim by official numbers ....a quarter muslim in a British borough.......do yo not find that a tad contradictory......there are only supposed to be 2.5 million muslims in Britain as a whole........hold on my unicorn drawn rainbow chariot is here to take me back to the boozer....ciao..!!

Judging by your post you've already had enough. I'd cancel that chariot and have a nice cuppa mate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Can't you be British and Muslim? I know of British 'white' people who are Muslim.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

My point being that his mate claimed it’s “nearly all Muslim now”. The facts say otherwise.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
maybe you need to take a trip up there sunshine and find out for yourself , sorry to burst your bubble.:wink:
regards
DR

I’ve been there thanks.
If it’s all the same I’ll take the published facts over what NSC’s resident Nazi’s labourer mate has seen in a building site toilet. It’s just a gut feeling :)

D

Deleted member 22389

My point being that his mate claimed it’s “nearly all Muslim now”. The facts say otherwise.

If you goto Luton, there is one area that is mainly muslim, shops, schools, everything. I was up and down to Luton for 10 years. I have not been to the area PPF talks about so have no experience.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you goto Luton, there is one area that is mainly muslim, shops, schools, everything. I was up and down to Luton for 10 years. I have not been to the area PPF talks about so have no experience.

I went to an AC/DC concert once. Full of AC/DC fans.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

Skullcaps - or kippas - are traditionally worn by Jewish men
The German government's anti-Semitism commissioner has urged Jews to avoid wearing skullcaps in public.
Felix Klein warned Jews against donning the kippa in parts of the country, following a rise in anti-Semitism.
Mr Klein said his opinion on the matter had "changed compared with what it used to be".
"I cannot recommend to Jews that they wear the skullcap at all times everywhere in Germany,"

Absolutely disgusting the German Government should be increasing security not this advice which only supports right wing terrorists it's akin to the banning of the Burka in France, I can only hope that this type of weak response to terrorism is never seen on our shores long live our freedom of speach, religious beliefs and rule of law

The far left and religious nutters need to be not classed as far right.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Crikey, I was expecting an intelligent thread all about the dangers and wrongfulness of anti-Semiticsm, but it seems to all be about Muslim communities. Now why would that be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crikey, I was expecting an intelligent thread all about the dangers and wrongfulness of anti-Semiticsm, but it seems to all be about Muslim communities. Now why would that be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

But the classic anti-semitic conflating of; the fear of some Jewish people in Germany and the nationalism/crimes by hard liners in Israel.

Some people in this country have become selective humanitarians. Quite frightening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here