Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My dad was there as well as Hong Kong before it was built up just paddy fields. The Israelis attacked them not sure why.

You'd do well to get paddy fields in Hong Kong. The water would run downhill.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
My dad was there as well as Hong Kong before it was built up just paddy fields. The Israelis attacked them not sure why.

my dad was in Palestine for 18 months after the war ended......he had little time for the arabs and less for the jews after he returned...... not denying it was and stills a very bad , emotive situation....yanks have so much to answer for.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
PPF on a thread about anti-semitism talking about Muslims, classic. Which group do you hate the most Das Reich? Username suggests the Jews, current NSC postings leaning towards the Muslims but youtube channel viewing most definitely have the Jews ahead.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Waveknight

Banned
Apr 30, 2019
You'd do well to get paddy fields in Hong Kong. The water would run downhill.

You'd do well to explain why the situation in the west bank is 'complicated' ? Ive explained why it isnt at all and youve waffled about how Jordan used to be called transjordan, why do you consider the situation in the west bank 'complicated'?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You'd do well to explain why the situation in the west bank is 'complicated' ? Ive explained why it isnt at all and youve waffled about how Jordan used to be called transjordan, why do you consider the situation in the west bank 'complicated'?

Because there are faults on both sides.

Waveknight

Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Because there are faults on both sides.

Mate , what are you failing to see , the west bank is territory that doesnt belong to israel, it occupies it illegally , it builds settlements illegally , and has ignored countless UN resolutions whilst doing so , there is nothing whatsoever complicated about it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Mate , what are you failing to see , the west bank is territory that doesnt belong to israel, it occupies it illegally , it builds settlements illegally , and has ignored countless UN resolutions whilst doing so , there is nothing whatsoever complicated about it.

The West Bank was administered by Egypt prior to 1967. Israel captured it after the 6 day war. I accept the UN doesn't recognise it as legal, but Israel did not start that war. The PLO had formed in 1964 and were guilty of attacking Israeli targets. Egypt and Syria attacked Israel.

That is why it is complicated. Like most international incidents, it is never one sided.

Waveknight

Banned
Apr 30, 2019
The West Bank was administered by Egypt prior to 1967. Israel captured it after the 6 day war. I accept the UN doesn't recognise it as legal, but Israel did not start that war. The PLO had formed in 1964 and were guilty of attacking Israeli targets. Egypt and Syria attacked Israel.

That is why it is complicated. Like most international incidents, it is never one sided.

Im sorry but you're talking utter rubbish , the West Bank was Jordanian , i think youre confusing the west bank and gaza in which case you need to go away and research some of the facts you claim you like to know before posting.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

It was annexed by Jordan in 1950 and remains a 'disputed territory'. Israel does not illegally 'occupy' in a military sense, the West Bank is shared by all religions, including the old walled city which exists under a 'status quo'. Jordan steamed into the West Bank during the six day war and occupied it until deciding to 'annexe' it, a decision only endorsed by a few countries so defining legal or illegal occupation is a completely subjective process. So no, it's not simple at all.

Ironically Tel-Aviv is a melting pot of Jews and Arabs living together quite nicely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was annexed by Jordan in 1950 and remains a 'disputed territory'. Israel does not illegally 'occupy' in a military sense, the West Bank is shared by all religions, including the old walled city which exists under a 'status quo'. Jordan steamed into the West Bank during the six day war and occupied it until deciding to 'annexe' it, a decision only endorsed by a few countries so defining legal or illegal occupation is a completely subjective process. So no, it's not simple at all.

Ironically Tel-Aviv is a melting pot of Jews and Arabs living together quite nicely.

Indeed. Tel Aviv is a brilliant place.

If your startpoint is 'we should never have given Palestine to the Jews' then there is nothing to discuss. I can't even begin to have a conversation with one of my family about antisemitism without him getting all tearful about Gaza and enfuriated about Israel.

Going back to the OP post, telling people to not 'identify' to avoid persecution is quite wrong. It should no longer be acceptable to describe any adverse consequences of bigotry as 'contributory negligence'. Some people on this thread, effectively signaling that jews or muslims (or others) deserve what's coming to them owing to their race or creed should be banned. Again, in some cases.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Indeed. Tel Aviv is a brilliant place.

If your startpoint is 'we should never have given Palestine to the Jews' then there is nothing to discuss. I can't even begin to have a conversation with one of my family about antisemitism without him getting all tearful about Gaza and enfuriated about Israel.

]Going back to the OP post, telling people to not 'identify' to avoid persecution is quite wrong. It should no longer be acceptable to describe any adverse consequences of bigotry as 'contributory negligence'. Some people on this thread, effectively signaling that jews or muslims (or others) deserve what's coming to them owing to their race or creed should be banned. Again, in some cases.

I spent a day with a personal tour guide around the quarters in the holy city, it was a real eye opener. I spent about 5 hours of the day drilling him about the politics (status quo), and about everything I could think of, from the Balfour declaration to the 'iron dome', and WTF the future holds. I didn't hold back and he didn't either. Probably the most edifying day of my life.

As for Germany, I just shudder to think of any antisemitism emerging over there being underplayed or morphed into some kind of identity politics social 'narrative'.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here