Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They were given the state of Israel as a homeland in 1948, a state which hadn't existed before. Stop denying history and talking bollox.

I think you will find Israel did exist before. It may have been centuries before, but it did exist.

Waveknight

Banned
Apr 30, 2019
You are mixing Zionists with the state of Israel. I am referring to post 1948.
Oh really ? David ben gurion first prime minister of israel -zionist, menachem begin- prime minister of israel -zionist, yitzhak shamir-zionist, golda meir-zionist, ariel sharon-zionist, you need to do a bit of research im afraid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t like living in a country where I can’t see someone’s face or understand the language spoken around me. Two natural instincts we’re born with I believe no matter what your persuasions. As for anti semitism, as I’ve said many times before, I simply don’t understand the basis of this several millennium old hatred. It’s baffling. Haters gotta hate is the sum total really.

I understand your first point perfectly. But moving to London, then overseas, soon changed that for me, though. We have an instinct to fear the unknown. Once it ceases to be unfamiliar we tend to move on (unless we acquire a pathology). Oddly, growing up in Portslade, I absolutely didn't get the antisemitism thing either. But how would I.......hard to be afraid of something one hardly ever sees. We had Jewish neighbours, but I wouldn't have known were it not for my dad going on about it all the time with his casual racism. If there is anything to take from this it is probably 'get out more'. The more we see and experience the less we stay stuck in a prejudicial mindset, a mindset that can unfortunately be soooo comforting and more-ish.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you will find Israel did exist before. It may have been centuries before, but it did exist.

In the dim and distant past, before nation states were clearly defined, yes - but in the modern age, the state of Israel was set up from scratch in 1948 to give jews a homeland; its borders were clearly defined. The Israelis obviously have a right to defend their borders; the settlements, on the other hand, are invasions of lands that do not belong to them - as I said, bad neighbours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the dim and distant past, before nation states were clearly defined, yes - but in the modern age, the state of Israel was set up from scratch in 1948 to give jews a homeland; its borders were clearly defined. The Israelis obviously have a right to defend their borders; the settlements, on the other hand, are invasions of lands that do not belong to them - as I said, bad neighbours.

Land that was won in war, started by other countries (Egypt, Syria etc) who were defeated. Borders throughout Europe have also changed since 1945.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh really ? David ben gurion first prime minister of israel -zionist, menachem begin- prime minister of israel -zionist, yitzhak shamir-zionist, golda meir-zionist, ariel sharon-zionist, you need to do a bit of research im afraid.

Why are you afraid? I have watched and observed all the goings on in the Middle East since my Dad was involved in the Suez crisis.

Jan 30, 2008
And having lived in West Euston/Camden/Mornington Crescent I can confirm I was a white minority that was once beaten up by muslims too.

Mate of mine has been working in Southall on a big new build site says it's almost all Muslim in the area now even the toilets on site were squat downs so much for integration eh straight into Heathrow and just a short ride into your own country
Regards
DR

Waveknight

Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Why are you afraid? I have watched and observed all the goings on in the Middle East since my Dad was involved in the Suez crisis.

Why dont you try and answer instead dodging it with a silly reply, sorry , i didnt realise that your dad serving in suez made you an expert on the middle east, how silly of me :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Land that was won in war, started by other countries (Egypt, Syria etc) who were defeated. Borders throughout Europe have also changed since 1945.
Yes, and was given to the Israelis in 1948. Outside those borders is land they have invaded. Borders changing in Europe has nothing to do with Israel.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, and was given to the Israelis in 1948. Outside those borders is land they have invaded. Borders changing in Europe has nothing to do with Israel.

Syria started a war against Israel in 1967, and placed rockets on the Golan Heights. Israel defeated the Syrians and captured the Golan Heights so that area couldn't be used again. Syria failed to regain control over the Golan in the 1973 Arab-Israeli war, which ended in a 1974 armistice and placement of a UN observer force along the ceasefire line. That's just one area of 400 odd square miles.

Waveknight

Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Syria started a war against Israel in 1967, and placed rockets on the Golan Heights. Israel defeated the Syrians and captured the Golan Heights so that area couldn't be used again. Syria failed to regain control over the Golan in the 1973 Arab-Israeli war, which ended in a 1974 armistice and placement of a UN observer force along the ceasefire line. That's just one area of 400 odd square miles.

Are you deliberately failing to.mention the West bank or are you going to mention it in a different post.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you deliberately failing to.mention the West bank or are you going to mention it in a different post.

I haven't got the time today but will come back to it at some other time. I prefer to use facts when I'm posting rather than just making comments.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
They were given the state of Israel as a homeland in 1948, a state which hadn't existed before. Stop denying history and talking bollox.

Actually it was the League of Nations that allocated the land to the Jews in the 1920s, when Britain was handed control of this Mandate with the aim of facilitating the reconstitution of the new Jewish National Home. Stop denying history.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Mate of mine has been working in Southall on a big new build site says it's almost all Muslim in the area now even the toilets on site were squat downs so much for integration eh straight into Heathrow and just a short ride into your own country
Regards
DR

Sikhs and Hindus outnumber Muslims by 4 to 2 in Southall.
Were you at the massive beating they gave the BNP/NF 39 years ago?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sikhs and Hindus outnumber Muslims by 4 to 2 in Southall.
Were you at the massive beating they gave the BNP/NF 39 years ago?

I remember that. Very funny. PPF was probably at home, ******* over The Flag (25P from all bad newsagents - the white-owned ones that were closed at 4.30 and every Tuesday afternoon, and all day Sunday) at the time :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

So, all the Israeli settlements are on the Golan Heights? Righty-ho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here