Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

Skullcaps - or kippas - are traditionally worn by Jewish men
The German government's anti-Semitism commissioner has urged Jews to avoid wearing skullcaps in public.
Felix Klein warned Jews against donning the kippa in parts of the country, following a rise in anti-Semitism.
Mr Klein said his opinion on the matter had "changed compared with what it used to be".
"I cannot recommend to Jews that they wear the skullcap at all times everywhere in Germany,"

Absolutely disgusting the German Government should be increasing security not this advice which only supports right wing terrorists it's akin to the banning of the Burka in France, I can only hope that this type of weak response to terrorism is never seen on our shores long live our freedom of speach, religious beliefs and rule of law

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

The German government's anti-Semitism commissioner has urged Jews to avoid wearing skullcaps in public.
Felix Klein warned Jews against donning the kippa in parts of the country, following a rise in anti-Semitism.
Mr Klein said his opinion on the matter had "changed compared with what it used to be".
"I cannot recommend to Jews that they wear the skullcap at all times everywhere in Germany,"

Absolutely disgusting the German Government should be increasing security not this advice which only supports right wing terrorists it's akin to the banning of the Burka in France, I can only hope that this type of weak response to terrorism is never seen on our shores long live our freedom of speach, religious beliefs and rule of law
We are the most weak because we're not allowed to talk about it!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We are the most weak because we're not allowed to talk about it!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

We can talk about anything openly as long as it's not to incite violence or racial tensions that makes us strong not weak however when the elected politicians start giving advice regarding what one should or should not wear indicates that the government and rule of law has started to loose control to extremists

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think the banning of the burka is completely different from the rest of what you posted. That isn't due to Islamophobia and for very good reason in France, considering the pounding they have taken from ISIS. And France aren't the only country to bring this law/rule in. You've mixed up anti-[place your religion here] with security.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I have to say I somewhat support the French policy - and to be clear, it's a policy of not allowing any overt religious symbolism. No single religion has been targeted.

As for the German issue - I read the story earlier. While the number of attacks have increased the numbers were starting from a very low level and based on the size of the Jewish population are a very small percentage ( and before anyone gets on their high horse, I in no way condone the attacks, indeed I condemn them ). The other thing the reports don't do is compared it to the figures of attacks on other groups so it's impossible to see if it's a trend across the board or specifically with the Jewish community.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Astonishing advice really. The number of violent attacks is probably less than homeless or immigrants may be subject to. They were reporting 60 odd in the last year.

Now they are forcing Jewish folk to live in a climate of fear whilst pandering to extremists insofar as giving them the upper hand.

I still can't believe he said that. Gobsmacked.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Astonishing advice really. The number of violent attacks is probably less than homeless or immigrants may be subject to. They were reporting 60 odd in the last year.

Now they are forcing Jewish folk to live in a climate of fear whilst pandering to extremists insofar as giving them the upper hand.

I still can't believe he said that. Gobsmacked.

But homeless people are warned of the dangers too. Jews are not exclusive to this.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Or perhaps sensible advice for Jewish people to consider in a county with an increasing peaceful population .

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Interesting spin there. What you don't read , but is almost certainly true, is that the vast majority of anti-Semitic attacks in Germany , as in the UK and France, are perpetrated not by racist... white... neo Nazis but by Muslim immigrants. Is it a surprise that Jew hating, holocaust denying Muslims arriving in their hundreds of thousands might take offence at observant jews wandering about?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Interesting spin there. What you don't read , but is almost certainly true, is that the vast majority of anti-Semitic attacks in Germany , as in the UK and France, are perpetrated not by racist... white... neo Nazis but by Muslim immigrants. Is it a surprise that Jew hating, holocaust denying Muslims arriving in their hundreds of thousands might take offence at observant jews wandering about?

That this is part of the issue is exactly what I read on the Guardian website this morning https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rned-of-risks-of-wearing-kippah-cap-in-public

But the far-right is still thought to be responsible for the vast majority of anti-semitic attacks.

Klein said that while the far-right was to blame for the vast majority of antisemitic crime, it was apparent that some Muslims were also influenced by watching certain television channels “which transmit a dreadful image of Israel and Jews”.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
That this is part of the issue is exactly what I read on the Guardian website this morning https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rned-of-risks-of-wearing-kippah-cap-in-public

But the far-right is still thought to be responsible for the vast majority of anti-semitic attacks.

Klein said that while the far-right was to blame for the vast majority of antisemitic crime, it was apparent that some Muslims were also influenced by watching certain television channels “which transmit a dreadful image of Israel and Jews”.

Which is fairly obvious to anyone who doesn't live in a black and white world (no racism intended). Such things are never 100% one group or another. Because there are a few examples of others doing so does not distract from the fact that the vast majority are by the far right.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Ok. I know that here in the UK anti-Semitism (also rising) and anti-Semitic violence is far more correlated to Muslims than the far right. My bad for assuming the same in Germany.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

The image of Israel, on the whole probably isn't wrong. Intolerant, western (America) backed they just do at will what they want against the Arabic majority with little impunity. If at the end of WW2 I'd have been chucked out of my country for no other reason than settling Europeans, I'd still be a bit pissed off with it. Added to that the way they go about their bloodied hand business, you have a recipe for disaster. It has been a disaster since 1948.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The image of Israel, on the whole probably isn't wrong. Intolerant, western (America) backed they just do at will what they want against the Arabic majority with little impunity. If at the end of WW2 I'd have been chucked out of my country for no other reason than settling Europeans, I'd still be a bit pissed off with it. Added to that the way they go about their bloodied hand business, you have a recipe for disaster. It has been a disaster since 1948.
After WWII you could hardly have denied the jews a homeland. Unfortunately, ever since they moved in, they have been very bad neighbours, both in terms of the way they treat their neighbours, and in stealing extra bits of territory that were never designated as part of Israel in the first place. However, there is a huge difference between Zionism (basically the policy of Israel, the nation) and Judaism.
Jews have been living peacefully in Europe for centuries, and the tragedy is that anti-Semitic thugs - be they right wing, white, racist or Islamic - are too thick to understand that difference, and that violence against jewish people is just nasty, vicious thuggery - and has no effect on Zionist Israel at all.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I was amazed at the security level when i went to a Spurs loving family's sons Bar Mitzvah after party a few weeks ago in london , i expected a bit , but there must of been a dozen very well trained security guards on duty doing various things i didn't even contemplate before hand , we had our car searched before being able to park , not just looked at from outside i mean the works with mirrors underneath and all that goes with it , we were name checked by ID and no bags of any description were allowed inside the main hall ! , not being jewish myself i found it ignorantly all rather OTT , but those that were jewish had already accepted that that is how it is nowadays and a better safe than sorry attitude , and very much used to the procedure , how bloody sad it is , that this is how it has to be .

Once inside it was a fantastic party and truly lovely people , they even had some Spud player performing keepy uppys and advice on the best hair products to wear during inclement weather , what was quite funny was the amount of blokes fumbling around in their pockets on mobile phones desperately trying to keep up with the Arsenal Brighton scoreline without alerting their partners that they were interested in football at such a occasion , 5 minutes to go the smoking area was full of non smokers pleading with their god for Brighton to hang on thus denying any chance Arsenal had of the top 4 , you can imagine the mood at full time :rave:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Ok. I know that here in the UK anti-Semitism (also rising) and anti-Semitic violence is far more correlated to Muslims than the far right. My bad for assuming the same in Germany.

What evidence are you basing this on? ??? Having just had prevent training, the statistics suggest the vast majority of hate crime, including anti-semitism, are perpetrated by the far-right.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
After WWII you could hardly have denied the jews a homeland. Unfortunately, ever since they moved in, they have been very bad neighbours, both in terms of the way they treat their neighbours, and in stealing extra bits of territory that were never designated as part of Israel in the first place. However, there is a huge difference between Zionism (basically the policy of Israel, the nation) and Judaism.
Jews have been living peacefully in Europe for centuries, and the tragedy is that anti-Semitic thugs - be they right wing, white, racist or Islamic - are too thick to understand that difference, and that violence against jewish people is just nasty, vicious thuggery - and has no effect on Zionist Israel at all.

Yes, I totally agree, thugs may be harsh, but people will just see jews as an aggressive race with huge amounts of racism and anti anything but jewish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here