Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The internet has given a platform to nationalists, anti semites, you name it. Gaining hitherto unlikely support.

My hope is that the rest of us, challenge the hate and win at the ballot box (past these virtually meaningless Euro elections).

I think that’s right, the internet gives those who have had rightly little voice the chance to vent their spleen. In the bad times it gets momentum but the nasty side of nationalism and lack of tolerance of all will subsidise as is always has.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Must of been about 1993, me and couple of other friends where walking along Brighton beach at about 10pm. All of a sudden a large group of Asians turned up and just started hurling stones at us. Honestly thought that was it, someone was going get badly hurt here. I got hit in the hip, my friend got hit on the back and shoulder, we ran like hell to get out of there, there must have been about twenty of them. Never forgotten this incident to this day, but why would they start throwing stones?

Same happened to me at Shoreham harbour around 1970.

But they were all white.

I never got to find out why they did it. What do you recon?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s genuinely shocking how quickly it’s happened too.

Really? I recall the UK to be quite intolerant in the 70s and 80s. All the 'darkies' lived in the shitter streets and as long as they knew their place they were tolerated. The 'Pakis' were tolerated because they kept the corner shops open later. You wouldn't want to marry one.

As for the Jews...

(need I go on....it was embarrassing.....better now by a mile.....you'd need to be someone who doesn't get out much, or go out far, to be this embarrassing. Hi there, PPF!).

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I don't think you get a feel for how many anti semites are out there until you spend some time with people who are more outwardly jewish looking.I have relatives through marriage who are quite orthodox. It's an eye opener to spend some time with someone wearing a yarmulke, from the staring to a noticeable level of rudeness from some people and the odd racist insult.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really? I recall the UK to be quite intolerant in the 70s and 80s. All the 'darkies' lived in the shitter streets and as long as they knew their place they were tolerated. The 'Pakis' were tolerated because they kept the corner shops open later. You wouldn't want to marry one.

As for the Jews...

(need I go on....it was embarrassing.....better now by a mile.....you'd need to be someone who doesn't get out much, or go out far, to be this embarrassing. Hi there, PPF!).

You're right. I was thinking more of the recent wave of racism and far right activity. Maybe it's my perception but seems to have escalated and mde itself more apparent of late. Though, of course it has been there, simmering away for a long time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're right. I was thinking more of the recent wave of racism and far right activity. Maybe it's my perception but seems to have escalated and mde itself more apparent of late. Though, of course it has been there, simmering away for a long time.

Oh, indeed. Post 'Brexit' some nobbers have been enboldened.

But they don't really count.

My comments refer to the 'mainstream'.

Still, none of it is handsome.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don’t like living in a country where I can’t see someone’s face or understand the language spoken around me. Two natural instincts we’re born with I believe no matter what your persuasions. As for anti semitism, as I’ve said many times before, I simply don’t understand the basis of this several millennium old hatred. It’s baffling. Haters gotta hate is the sum total really.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have no reason to doubt your story and nor am I apportioning blame upon you. I’m merely interested in the need to mention their religious belief and wondered if you would feel the need to do so if they were Christian.

Three white blokes, three Asians, if I said Asian would you still want me to break it down til I got to muslim?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The image of Israel, on the whole probably isn't wrong. Intolerant, western (America) backed they just do at will what they want against the Arabic majority with little impunity. If at the end of WW2 I'd have been chucked out of my country for no other reason than settling Europeans, I'd still be a bit pissed off with it. Added to that the way they go about their bloodied hand business, you have a recipe for disaster. It has been a disaster since 1948.

Israel is the most tolerant nation in the Middle East. Just ask any woman or gay person. Plus Muslims make up 20% of the population.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Unfortunately, ever since they moved in, they have been very bad neighbours.

Yes, refusing to allow themselves to be killed by their neighbours does indeed make Israel very bad neighbours...to their enemies. These days the Israelis can fight back. And they haven't "moved in" as Jews have been living in Israel for around 4000 years.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The image of Israel, on the whole probably isn't wrong. Intolerant, western (America) backed they just do at will what they want against the Arabic majority with little impunity. If at the end of WW2 I'd have been chucked out of my country for no other reason than settling Europeans, I'd still be a bit pissed off with it. Added to that the way they go about their bloodied hand business, you have a recipe for disaster. It has been a disaster since 1948.

Read about TransJordan & the GrandMufti of Jerusalem in 1948 and see who is to blame for the violence. Israel has a right to defend itself when surrounded by people who want to annihilate them. I don't agree with everything Israel does, but on the whole they are not the worst country in the Middle East.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, refusing to allow themselves to be killed by their neighbours does indeed make Israel very bad neighbours...to their enemies. These days the Israelis can fight back. And they haven't "moved in" as Jews have been living in Israel for around 4000 years.
They were given the state of Israel as a homeland in 1948, a state which hadn't existed before. Stop denying history and talking bollox.

Waveknight

Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Read about TransJordan & the GrandMufti of Jerusalem in 1948 and see who is to blame for the violence. Israel has a right to defend itself when surrounded by people who want to annihilate them. I don't agree with everything Israel does, but on the whole they are not the worst country in the Middle East.

Perhaps do some reading yourself

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ha...ionist-stern-gang-terrorized-london-1.5627474

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sergeants_affair

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deir_Yassin_massacre

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

It gives the lie to their hypocritical 'we will not negotiate with terrorists' line.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here