Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter move signals Brighton's exciting change of direction

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"But Brighton have already moved on, securing a target they had clearly identified before Hughton’s sacking was confirmed. Graham Potter, having guided Swansea to 10th in the Championship in his first season at the club, is the Seagulls’ new manager, an appointment which signals a new direction for the club.

Potter, it can safely be said, will not be accused of playing drab and unadventurous football. Over eight years at Östersunds in Sweden, and then at Swansea, the 44-year-old earned a reputation as a coach who priorities possession-based, attacking football."

MORE >>> https://whisp.rs/2HUDp42

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Great read thanks.
With Graham Potter coming in, everyone gets a clean slate (chance).
Given new ideas / tactics the players (you know who you are), might just thrive with less pressure and a new mindset of getting rid of the 'flop' title.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Despite this season’s failings, Brighton have some talented players at their disposal: the likes of Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Yves Bissouma were brought in for significant fees last summer but never really lived up to expectation. Potter, perhaps, could be the man to get the best out of this group of players.

Not sure that's fair on Biss.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I do like the possession thing, which hopefully will a bit like Poyet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how we all remember the same things in different ways I seem to be recall no end of complaints on this board regarding the same style of play during GPs time, slow build up keeping possession pointlessly one side of the pitch and then back to the other side

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Created nothing in the league no assists no goals fair assessment.

But he did show more ability on the ball in tight situations than anyone else apart from maybe Bruno. He also bursts forward better than anyone in the team. Yes he lost the ball and cost us I accept but his close control and running past players with the ball was one of the high spots of a miserable season for me. Shooting leaves A LOT to be desired though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Funny how we all remember the same things in different ways I seem to be recall no end of complaints on this board regarding the same style of play during GPs time, slow build up keeping possession pointlessly one side of the pitch and then back to the other side

Yes that’s true, apparently not for everyone.
I still think it’s the best football I’ve seen since Mullery......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theboybilly

But he did show more ability on the ball in tight situations than anyone else apart from maybe Bruno. He also bursts forward better than anyone in the team. Yes he lost the ball and cost us I accept but his close control and running past players with the ball was one of the high spots of a miserable season for me. Shooting leaves A LOT to be desired though.

I agree, there wasn't much to admire especially from December onwards but Biss showed a lot of promise. The problem with the possession-based theory is we seemed to be unable to hold onto the ball last season. Hopefully Potter and his team can eradicate some of the sloppiness at times that cost us dearly. Do that and he's halfway there imho

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree, there wasn't much to admire especially from December onwards but Biss showed a lot of promise. The problem with the possession-based theory is we seemed to be unable to hold onto the ball last season. Hopefully Potter and his team can eradicate some of the sloppiness at times that cost us dearly. Do that and he's halfway there imho

Yes, we treated the ball like a hot potato under CH’s negative set up, when pressed. No outlet meant more and more desperate short passing followed by a hoof, or worse we got caught in possession. We need the players to be comfortable in passing to each other and have a forward outlet. The quality of players was blamed by many. We’ll be finding out how true that is next season.

Was it the players or the tactics is a mute point.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, we treated the ball like a hot potato under CH’s negative set up, when pressed. No outlet meant more and more desperate short passing followed by a hoof, or worse we got caught in possession. We need the players to be comfortable in passing to each other and have a forward outlet. The quality of players was blamed by many. We’ll be finding out how true that is next season.

Was it the players or the tactics is a mute point.

Moot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here