Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 153
  1. #101

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The nature if his acrimonious exit from BHA has coloured a lot of views, and led to an awful lot of rewriting of history from some fans here.

    IMO he is a BRILLIANT manager, who pulled this club up by its bootstraps at a time when we were a joke. We won L1 with such style and panache, without throwing money at it. Some of my greatest memories in 30-odd years of being a BHA fan was courtesy of Gus. I left the game at Charlton with an erection.

    He's a maverick walking rollercoaster who shoots from the lip, but I think he'd be an excellent appointment for Swansea.
    I do kind of understand this point of view.

    But...What would you say are the chances that it will all end in tears wherever he goes, ever? Because I have them at around 100%, give or take 0%.
    - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #102
      Members Bevendean Hillbilly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Nestling in green nowhere
      Posts
      12,444


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This would be hilarious.
      Anyone recall when Leon Knight went to Swansea? This will be like that, but in managerial form.
      Leon Knight at Swansea: played: 25 scored 19 and they still got rid. That man was a menace to himself.
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.
    • #103
      Members Sussex Nomad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      EP
      Posts
      16,861


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bevendean Hillbilly View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Leon Knight at Swansea: played: 25 scored 19 and they still got rid. That man was a menace to himself.
      It's a real shame that people like him are gifted a talent at birth and waste it. I know most footballers aren't the most intelligent type on this planet but what a waste to give him something we can only dream of.
    • #104
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      16,984


      0 Not allowed!
      Swansea are so short of money the only reason they're looking at him apparently is because that way they don't have to get new tracksuits, etc. They can still use last season's ones with the GP initials.

    • #105

      0 Not allowed!
      At the end of the day, the guy is a bit of a s**t but he's one of our greatest managers ever (best in my lifetime imo). His career has been a bit weird post-Sunderland but I don't doubt he'd be a superb appointment for a Championship club, money or not.
    • #106

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Swansea are so short of money the only reason they're looking at him apparently is because that way they don't have to get new tracksuits, etc. They can still use last season's ones with the GP initials.
      You know your club is ****ed when you read this and start thinking instead of laughing..
    • #107
      Lower-West 227 BHA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Findon Valley, Worthing
      Posts
      2,785


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      At the end of the day, the guy is a bit of a s**t but he's one of our greatest managers ever (best in my lifetime imo). His career has been a bit weird post-Sunderland but I don't doubt he'd be a superb appointment for a Championship club, money or not.
      Gus better than Hughton??

      Wow!!!
    • #108
      Members Return of the Rev's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Flitting between the county league and mates rates at the amex!
      Posts
      20,434


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Juan Albion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In Gus we trusted.

      Well some of you did, I had his card marked after two months and got slated for itAlso
    • #109
      Members Mustafa's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      13,379


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 227 BHA View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Gus better than Hughton??

      Wow!!!
      To be fair, if it wasn't for Gus' "issues" then he probably would be better than Hughton. He probably would have taken us to the Premier League.

      His ability is why he continually lands decent jobs, but his "issues" are why he ultimately gets sacked at every one on them.

      There might be a lucky club that catches him at the right time in his life where he has calmed down or finally learned from his mistakes... but I doubt it, it's in his nature.
    • #110
      Lower-West 227 BHA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Findon Valley, Worthing
      Posts
      2,785


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      To be fair, if it wasn't for Gus' "issues" then he probably would be better than Hughton. He probably would have taken us to the Premier League.

      His ability is why he continually lands decent jobs, but his "issues" are why he ultimately gets sacked at every one on them.

      There might be a lucky club that catches him at the right time in his life where he has calmed down or finally learned from his mistakes... but I doubt it, it's in his nature.
      And if my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle!

      CH 10x the manager (and man) than Gus

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •