Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gus Poyet to Swansea City is the word, how good is he?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
One of our best ever seasons under him in league 1, also got Bruno to the club.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You’ll never lose if you go 1 up, and you’ll mostly win in these cases. Don’t ever expect anything more than a point if you go a goal down at any stage of the game though!

August 2011 Doncaster 1 Brighton 2.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How do you come to that conclusion? He didn't get us into the PL and his budget was way bigger than he'll get at Swansea.

I enjoyed watching us under Poyet until he pressed the self destruct button (Reading comes to mind). His actions against Palace in the playoffs, or rather inactions for the second leg.

He might be a good fit though considering the playing style Potter employed.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

He stormed L1 as genuinely flamboyant Champions
He had us 10th in our first season in the Championship
He got us into the Playoffs the following year

The budget was never massive, aside from the 3.5m we blew on that labrador chasing a balloon.

I really struggle to understand the disdain so many BHA fans hold him in. Yes it ended shittily, but bloody hell, was he the right man at the right time or what ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would be a good appointment. He's a good manager IMO, the only downside being that he touts himself for better jobs. Given the length of time he's had out of the managerial spotlight here, and what happened with Brighton, he may have matured on that front. But if he is touting himself for other jobs, that probably means he's doing well, so even that's not too bad.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He was more defensive than Hughton. In fact Hughton had us playing much better football in the Championship than we ever played under Poyet.

Poyet was as cautious in the Championship as Hughton was in the Prem.

This and then Hughton ran out of ideas as well, resulting in no idea syndrome so had to go.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How do you come to that conclusion? He didn't get us into the PL and his budget was way bigger than he'll get at Swansea.

I enjoyed watching us under Poyet until he pressed the self destruct button (Reading comes to mind). His actions against Palace in the playoffs, or rather inactions for the second leg.

He might be a good fit though considering the playing style Potter employed.

He lost his way with us but before that He took us a long way very quickly . That’s why I thought he could get them up.
.To those who say he didn’t take us up, fair enough , can’t argue with that . He narrowly missed out.
I just think he’d be a good fit for Swansea

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

The budget was never massive, aside from the 3.5m we blew on that labrador chasing a balloon.

I really struggle to understand the disdain so many BHA fans hold him in. Yes it ended shittily, but bloody hell, was he the right man at the right time or what ?

I think the disdain people show him is equal to the disdain he showed to this club on the night of the semi final against Crystal Palace and with his self promotion just when we could have done without it. Didn't he tell the team that he was off that night? Whether that is true or not the 2nd leg against Palace took the gloss off of his time with us.

Yes, he was the right man at the right time for us until he wasn't. I've previously said that I enjoyed most of the football under Poyet, which I did for most of his time at Brighton. It's just a shame it ended as it did.

I'm hoping Potter is the right man at the right time for us in the same way Poyet was.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Agree. His undoubtably cockish behaviour at the end has clouded his achievements. Who would Swansea get , better than gus and tano?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this wishful thinking from the OP?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This and then Hughton ran out of ideas as well, resulting in no idea syndrome so had to go.

Some people just can’t let it go. Does every Hughton post regardless of context or relevance have to have someone reinforcing the decision? Honestly, it’s done, move on.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
He got found out at Chamionship level when up against better defences and managers.
The team we had when we lost the playoffs should have walked the league (Bruno, Bridge, Upsom, Vicente et al) in fact I’m certain Hughton would have got 100+ points out of that team

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here