Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gus Poyet to Swansea City is the word, how good is he?

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
I watched some of your football with him before and you looked good. What's the word on him from Brighton?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
:lolol:

I can't see him working for your owners. He was a good manager for us, completely changed our club with Tony Bloom. Massive ego. Loves Leeds. Requires money.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not worth comment. He'll be gone by Christmas.

You'll play some nice passing football before the toys leave the pram.

Look out for ceilings....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You will not get much joy from our supporters about him due to the manner in which he left but for me we played the best football that I have seen from a Brighton team whilst he was manager.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Good manager for a while until his massive ego gets involved then it will be everyone else's fault. Can't see it ending well if what I hear about your new owners is true. If he doesn't get Pep levels of investment, toys will come out of the pram.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he might find the ceiling too low for him to even get through the door :lolol:

Before he got too big for his ego and boots he was an absolute hero here. Our League One winning season produced some of the most thrilling football we had ever seen. Such a shame it went so wrong. He was also very good at persuading players who you’d think were too good for us to join.

If he has reigned in his ego (unlikely) you could have a short hiatus under him, IF you can persuade him to join with virtually no money to spend on players.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I watched some of your football with him before and you looked good. What's the word on him from Brighton?

I liked Gus, lots of enjoyable football, nice to watch.

The trouble is, if he starts to do well, he then gets cocky, and will publicly flaunt himself to PL clubs.

Oh, don’t ever boo the team at any point as ‘he’ll resign and play golf’.

If he ever mentions ‘ceilings’, brace yourself for him leaving...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You know he’ll probably bring ex Cardiff’s Oatway with him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be prepared to hear “ees complicated” regularly

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good manager, good football - perhaps doesn't *get it forward* enough for some in the crowd.

Charming, full of charisma.

Touts himself about for higher jobs, would love to manage Chelsea ( also Leeds, Forest etc. etc. etc. ).

Susceptible to meltdown if the board fail to 'handle' his ego.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This would be hilarious.
Anyone recall when Leon Knight went to Swansea? This will be like that, but in managerial form.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Great manager, very charismatic, had us playing some great football and started us on the journey we are on now. Whatever happened between him and the club cannot cloud what he achieved for us.

However, his ego his huge and he won't consider Swansea big enough for his massive managerial talent and he'll flirt with every big club that has a vacancy along the way. Unfortunately his actual managerial talent is not as massive as his ego tells him it is so it's always going to fail as he never content to see what he can achieve where he is.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Big ego, loves Leeds United, the biggest club in the world and ****ing up play offs. In my opinion you should keep Potter, Oh!

Look elsewhere....................

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Played brilliant football especially in league 1. Since he left brighton he’s been a mixed bag. Up and down at Sunderland. Great spell in Greece dire spell in Spain even worse in China but did well for Bordeaux. But he’s either been sacked or walked out of 5 jobs in 6 years.
That said he was linked with Kilmarnock yesterday so he may have lowered that ceiling of his

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here