Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gus Poyet to Swansea City is the word, how good is he?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Remember though he's got a years grace. They've just sold their best player and can't sign anyone, so the pressure is off a bit and they'll need to utilise the current squad inc the many youngsters out on loan...

I agree in normal circumstances it's too early but with the transfer ban it could be ideal for him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah, but their fans expect one the Champions League/Europa Cup and the FA Cup/League Cup regardless. Possibly the most entitled fans in the league. Lamb to the Slaughter

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Remember though he's got a years grace. They've just sold their best player and can't sign anyone, so the pressure is off a bit and they'll need to utilise the current squad inc the many youngsters out on loan...

I agree in normal circumstances it's too early but with the transfer ban it could be ideal for him.

Pressure is off?? Most managers there leave within 2 years and that's often after winning a trophy in their first season. I think Lampard is making a big mistake.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Not often I agreer with Weststander, but on this occasion l think he is right, give him another seasons experiece of managing a club at Championship level first, before he even thinks about testing himself in the biggest league, especially at such a successful club as Chelsea.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The job I think will come years too early for Lampard. He’ll be up against the far more experienced Guardiola, Klopp and Pochettino, and Chelsea no longer blow all the opposition away by being the only club with an owner prepared to bankroll a squad of world class players.

Prediction: Chelsea will miss Hazard massively and Lampard will struggle to avoid mid-table mediocrity....too much too soon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not often I agreer with Weststander, but on this occasion l think he is right, give him another seasons experiece of managing a club at Championship level first, before he even thinks about testing himself in the biggest league, especially at such a successful club as Chelsea.

Gordon or Germaine?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They’re some of the most whingy and short-termist fans. They soon turned against Ancelotti, Benitez, Morinho (2nd time), Conte and Sarri, even where trophies had been delivered.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Could be a blessing in disguise with some of the talent they have out on loan just dying for a chance from their employers. Some of the best youngsters out on loan are Chelsea lads.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Frank Lampard's Derby County's Frank Lampard becoming Frank Lampard's Chelsea's Frank Lampard ?

Can't see it myself, unless you stop for a breather ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here