Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Looking Forward To Next Season?

el punal

Shocked and saddened as I was to see Chris Hughton leave I felt there was almost an inevitability about his departure. Probably many of you, like me, saw the writing on the wall during the last few months. So Tony Bloom takes the plunge and hires one of the up and coming English coaches with an illuminating C.V. - Graham Potter.

Admittedly I had never heard of him until rumours of his possible recruitment surfaced. I started reading articles about him and his footballing philosophy, I thought then that this could be an inspirational appointment by Bloom. A gamble, perhaps, but none the less a positive move in trying to get our team to play a more exciting and expansive game - something us fans have been craving for ages.

Now with our 2018/19 season over, instead of dreading another safety first, defensive attitude next term I’m now filled with optimism (hopefully not false!) about our performances for the coming season. I am intrigued as to whether Graham Potter will, at last, use our expensive signings - Jahanbakhsh, Locardia, Andone - in a more positive and productive manner. I’m looking forward to seeing Bissouma step up to the next level.
Essentially, I’m looking forward to the whole team playing in a much less inhibited fashion than we’ve been used to and to be exciting and entertaining.

For those reasons and many more I’m really looking forward to August. Bring it on! :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really don't see how anyone can't be excited for August.

The amount of doom and gloom around here is scary.

The list of players that won't 'make it' currently stands at:-

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Stephens (as usual)
Kayal
Propper (offski)
Gross
AK
Big Jurg (of course)
Ali J (booooo)
Andone
Murray (hopefully!)
The one I've forgotten.
& probably another one.
Plus the manager

I'm not naive enough to think every one of them will step up, a player or two will be found wanting.

But seemingly, according to many on here, nobody is going to 'bloom'.
Although I guess if one or two become value for money players that'll raise a fair few questions that some on here won't want to answer.

I guess some posters on here purposely throw 1 tile away when starting a 10,000 piece jigsaw because they don't want to complete it and want to watch the world burn

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Stephens (as usual)
Kayal
Propper (offski)
Gross
AK
Big Jurg (of course)
Ali J (booooo)
Andone
Murray (hopefully!)
The one I've forgotten.
& probably another one.
Plus the manager

I'm not naive enough to think every one of them will step up, a player or two will be found wanting.

Although I guess if one or two become value for money players that'll raise a fair few questions that some on here won't want to answer.

I guess some posters on here purposely throw 1 tile away when starting a 10,000 piece jigsaw because they don't want to complete it and want to watch the world burn

Does any one person on NSC hold all those views? They’d be fun at parties. :moo:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Stephens (as usual)
Kayal
Propper (offski)
Gross
AK
Big Jurg (of course)
Ali J (booooo)
Andone
Murray (hopefully!)
The one I've forgotten.
& probably another one.
Plus the manager

You forgot Dunks off to Leicester and the new lad from Portsmouth is bound to be bad.
Izquierdo is also a crock now so we can write him off as well

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My excitement only stretches to who we bring in at the moment. Can’t get excited about next season until I know what the squad will be. Actually that’s bollocks I’ll be excited regardless but not until the pre season friendlies.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Really looking foward to next season under Potter.

I think we can expect a fair few players to leave this summer, and a fair few to come in to replace them. Potter both in Sweden and at Swansea has a great record of building new squads.

He also has a good record of having faith in young players, something that CH tragically lacked. In addition, his record shows that his attacking tactics with creative freedom has been successful against considerably bigger clubs, even on the big stage.

I think we have an interesting summer and an exciting season in store for us over 19/20. CH left at the right time. We are about to start a new chapter in our history.

Think you maybe disappointed but I could be wrong. I can see 2 or 3 in and the same going out. Personally I don’t think he’s got the Job because he’s said he needs to spend £80/90 million on new players. More likely he’s been asked to try and get more from the current squad which some managers can do. Think he will have a good look at the academy players as well

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does any one person on NSC hold all those views? They’d be fun at parties. :moo:

No you're quite right.
Despite the amount of times I do it, I know it's wrong of me to take individual comments and then use them to label all of NSC.
It's very stupid and childish and does a huge disservice to NSC.

Perhaps I only acknowledge the negatives comments and pass over the positives.

Then again reading Mustafa saying he expects a fair few players to leave this summer, just 6 minutes after my post, maybe I'm not so wrong after all. :lol:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes.... I miss the Albion like mad! Bring the new season on, please.

Hughton or Potter, I just want to cheer on our boys in stripes , proudly Premiership, and have something to be excited about at weekends.

Funnily enough I’m the exact opposite for a few weeks.

I enjoy the gossip, hope and wildly impossible rumours, then hearing people’s opinions that I can choose to agree or disagree with according to which way the wind in blowing WITHOUT having all the stress on a Saturday afternoon, knowing the result will either make or break my weekend/week.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We can now have some optimism. No chance under Chris...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Think you maybe disappointed but I could be wrong. I can see 2 or 3 in and the same going out. Personally I don’t think he’s got the Job because he’s said he needs to spend £80/90 million on new players. More likely he’s been asked to try and get more from the current squad which some managers can do. Think he will have a good look at the academy players as well
Yes - it'll be 1 out for each 1 in - with Bruno already counting as an out - and including Hemed and Suttner in the outs.

I reckon Bruno, Suttner, Hemed out. Pröpper, also out if Ajax do want him. Maybe Kayal or Locadia out as well.

So 3-5 to go, and 3-5 to come in.

Last edited:

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Shocked and saddened as I was to see Chris Hughton leave I felt there was almost an inevitability about his departure. Probably many of you, like me, saw the writing on the wall during the last few months. So Tony Bloom takes the plunge and hires one of the up and coming English coaches with an illuminating C.V. - Graham Potter.

Admittedly I had never heard of him until rumours of his possible recruitment surfaced. I started reading articles about him and his footballing philosophy, I thought then that this could be an inspirational appointment by Bloom. A gamble, perhaps, but none the less a positive move in trying to get our team to play a more exciting and expansive game - something us fans have been craving for ages.

Now with our 2018/19 season over, instead of dreading another safety first, defensive attitude next term I’m now filled with optimism (hopefully not false!) about our performances for the coming season. I am intrigued as to whether Graham Potter will, at last, use our expensive signings - Jahanbakhsh, Locardia, Andone - in a more positive and productive manner. I’m looking forward to seeing Bissouma step up to the next level.
Essentially, I’m looking forward to the whole team playing in a much less inhibited fashion than we’ve been used to and to be exciting and entertaining.

For those reasons and many more I’m really looking forward to August. Bring it on! :albion2:

'Shocked and saddened as I was to see Chris Hughton leave '........really ?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It should be a lot easier now to attract the higher class of player that we need, when their agent explains to them that they will be able to express themselves through the medium of dance. (or perhaps not)

el punal

'Shocked and saddened as I was to see Chris Hughton leave '........really ?

Shocked - I thought he might have resigned rather than be sacked as quickly as was.

Saddened - Whatever your feelings were in the last few months of his tenure he was magnificent for the Albion. Three tremendous seasons, a respectful and respected footballing gentleman who achieved a lot for the club.

Hope that answers your “really” query.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Shocked - I thought he might have resigned rather than be sacked as quickly as was.

Saddened - Whatever your feelings were in the last few months of his tenure he was magnificent for the Albion. Three tremendous seasons, a respectful and respected footballing gentleman who achieved a lot for the club.

Hope that answers your “really” query.

I don't think it helps anybody's argument if you are going to resort to calling people 'query'. There is simply no need for it. I'm offended, [MENTION=19164]Blues Rock DJ[/MENTION] will be offended and you can be sure 97.5%of NSC will be. Ban! :rant:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Stephens (as usual)
Kayal
Propper (offski)
Gross
AK
Big Jurg (of course)
Ali J (booooo)
Andone
Murray (hopefully!)
The one I've forgotten.
& probably another one.
Plus the manager

Good to have a thread rehashing all of last week where post #2 takes all of those posts, misunderstands them, generalises about them and passive / agressively tells everyone reading that they're such a negative nelly.

el punal

I don't think it helps anybody's argument if you are going to resort to calling people 'query'. There is simply no need for it. I'm offended, [MENTION=19164]Blues Rock DJ[/MENTION] will be offended and you can be sure 97.5%of NSC will be. Ban! :rant:

I apologise most profusely, unfortunately it is something I say with gay abandon. :drink:

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good to have a thread rehashing all of last week where post #2 takes all of those posts, misunderstands them, generalises about them and passive / agressively tells everyone reading that they're such a negative nelly.

If only you'd read #8.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here