Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Analysis of our xG

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Glenn's replacement? Big lump up top, 15 to 20 goals a season and mid table mediocrity! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m happy to report that a big lump up top is something we’ve progressed past. Instead, we’ve gone for youth, pace, movement and an eye for goal up front.

We’re not above bringing big lumps up from the back for set pieces though

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
With Glenn's impending retirement, sooner or later, coupled with the probable departures of Locadia and Andone, we may soon have a spare £140k a week to invest on a goalscorer.

We’re also not playing Bong, Ali J or Bissouma. I’m not totally sure that Izquierdo or Bernardo are Potter type players and Davy continues to be linked with Ajax and he may have seen the emergence of Alzate and the impact of Mooy and think this is a good time.

Some of the above will stay clearly, but I think there will be plenty of senior players leaving the club in the coming 2 windows.

Which means that we’ll have some coming in and some cash to play with. If only if it wasn’t for that pesky wage structure we might get that world class striker

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We’re also not playing Bong, Ali J or Bissouma. I’m not totally sure that Izquierdo or Bernardo are Potter type players and Davy continues to be linked with Ajax and he may have seen the emergence of Alzate and the impact of Mooy and think this is a good time.

Some of the above will stay clearly, but I think there will be plenty of senior players leaving the club in the coming 2 windows.

Which means that we’ll have some coming in and some cash to play with. If only if it wasn’t for that pesky wage structure we might get that world class striker

The best way for us to get a world class striker is to develop one ourselves. Who knows, we may already have one?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’m happy to report that a big lump up top is something we’ve progressed past. Instead, we’ve gone for youth, pace, movement and an eye for goal up front.

Height would be a plus though. Another bobby z would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

oh sorry, i was kinda thinking the next drogba... or lukaku (but decent)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here