Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Analysis of our xG

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I can't be bothered to open the couple of Spence tribute act threads that have appeared here, since Saturday.
I know exactly how they will read and it's pathetic.

That is a perfect read and very enjoyable.

It's just a shame the morons still so understand something as simple as passing round Man City let alone some of the more nuanced points raised.

Thanks for sharing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I mentioned the other day that perhaps the less than spectacular results could be a blessing in disguise. If we were playing this well and winning every week, Potter would be gone before the end of the season.

I'd imagine that it won't take the sharpest of footballing minds to do the Potterball + Decent Striker = BOOOOM! maths.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
conceding just 12.0 shots p90 compared to 13.9 last year

So people saying we're worse in defence this year are talking bolocks

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd imagine that it won't take the sharpest of footballing minds to do the Potterball + Decent Striker = BOOOOM! maths.
El wotsit from Lagness, the club tried to get in the summer, is still yet to register a first team goal this season.

If Potty time requires a decent striker he's definitely at the wrong club.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We just need to convert xG, possession, passes and good will from analysts into points.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I like the idea that we were playing a 2-1-3-2-2 formation against Spurs. Flair

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Our being near the top of all these tables, yet 16th in the one that matters, is very similar to what he did at Swansea. Perhaps he'd be better off employed as Head Tactician, with the manager role elsewhere to convert this impressive play into results

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Our being near the top of all these tables, yet 16th in the one that matters, is very similar to what he did at Swansea. Perhaps he'd be better off employed as Head Tactician, with the manager role elsewhere to convert this impressive play into results

So your plan then is to demote Potter and appoint an as yet unspecified new manager. This is presumably on the basis of us being much lower in the league than you expected?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
So your plan then is to demote Potter and appoint an as yet unspecified new manager. This is presumably on the basis of us being much lower in the league than you expected?

:lolol: no of course it isn't, I've never heard of a club appoint a Head Tactician plus manager combo, and I doubt we'll be the first. I have faith and am a huge fan. But I have noticed a trend, now we test if it is causative. If our xPts continues to be ahead of our actual pts, then one should wonder what is being missed in the equation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Perhaps we wouldn't be were we are if we hadn't had two stupid sending offs!! There is a good argument that we should have had an extra 5 points from the two games in question plus, arguably, another two at Newcastle. Those seven points would put us in 5th.

There are no guarantees but we've got rid of the hot head and I trust Mooy won't make the same mistakes again.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
All I know is that I'm really looking forward to watching a football match on Saturday, looking forward to watching my team play creative, attacking football. Haven't said that for a couple of years.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Perhaps we wouldn't be were we are if we hadn't had two stupid sending offs!! There is a good argument that we should have had an extra 5 points from the two games in question plus, arguably, another two at Newcastle. Those seven points would put us in 5th.

There are no guarantees but we've got rid of the hot head and I trust Mooy won't make the same mistakes again.

They could learn how to tackle though, first time Grealish takes us on mooy has to foul him to stop him, gets a red for his troubles, then montoya tries to assault Grealish three times and was lucky to stay on. There have been a number of poor tackles from us this season, something to work on

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Potter will be the England manager one day, I'm certain of it. Put your bets on now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
:lolol: no of course it isn't, I've never heard of a club appoint a Head Tactician plus manager combo, and I doubt we'll be the first. I have faith and am a huge fan. But I have noticed a trend, now we test if it is causative. If our xPts continues to be ahead of our actual pts, then one should wonder what is being missed in the equation.

Glenn's replacement? Big lump up top, 15 to 20 goals a season and mid table mediocrity! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Glenn's replacement? Big lump up top, 15 to 20 goals a season and mid table mediocrity! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

With Glenn's impending retirement, sooner or later, coupled with the probable departures of Locadia and Andone, we may soon have a spare £140k a week to invest on a goalscorer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here