Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scottish Football

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Unless I've got it completely wrong the way the Premiership is set up now could influence the title/relegation places more than it should. For example (taking this seasons title as a possible future scenario) Celtic and Rangers are neck and neck but, after 33 matches and all teams having played each other 3 times, Celtic have hosted Rangers twice but only visited Ibrox once. Celtic have also hosted the bottom 3 sides twice each, and they are really poor sides and cut adrift from the rest. Whereas Rangers have only hosted these sides once each. Rangers have played the majority of homes against better sides and easier sides have been played away. The complete opposite for Celtic. Now we go to the split - the five final games amongst the top six sides. Celtic play 3 at home & 2 away, Rangers 2 at home & 3 away. How is this fair?
I would imagine the relegation-threatened teams go through much the same issues.

So, basically it's all monkey tennis bollocks. I lost you at 'set up now'.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ha ha, yes I know it was long-winded but I don't get what they were thinking when they brought in this format. I won't be too long now before Celtic v Rangers is played for the 500th time.

I think they thought having 4 divisions would make them look like they were in the big boys league. But 10 teams in a division as the West Sussex League was when I played in the 80s is just seriously crap and makes them look even worse than the previous version of the crap league it already was. You can't polish a turd, boy that's an old saying on here :laugh:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Media banging on about Celtic and the "Treble Treble" ...does anybody actually give a fkuc?

If that is world football history apparently, said on BBC news, it would be one I'd be embarrassed about if I were Scottish.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have a soft spot for St Mirren after working their for a while, unfortunately it was winter and between games we had to replace the mains cables for the floodlights fookin freezing.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I did some work for someone from Kilmarnock recently, she told me they were her team but also had a soft spot for Albion because they also play in blue and white stripes.

IMG_20190526_122851.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Growing up, my Manchester based family and everyone around them were "United as your English Team, Celtic as your Scottish Team" but I have no idea why...

Never paid much attention to the MTL, and even less so now that it's one 7 foot tall muscle-monkey in the ring with a load of pygmy marmosets. If we think Citeh fans are entitled I dread to think what Celtic fans are like!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone watching the St Mirren/Dundee Utd play-off? Some shockingly bad football, looks like non-league level. There's a terrible ref too, it's a feast of mediocrity

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone watching the St Mirren/Dundee Utd play-off? Some shockingly bad football, looks like non-league level. There's a terrible ref too, it's a feast of mediocrity

This ref is one of the worst I've ever seen; DU could have three red cards and have got away with it. This is like watching park football

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Growing up, my Manchester based family and everyone around them were "United as your English Team, Celtic as your Scottish Team" but I have no idea why...

Big Irish community in Manchester and Man Utd were always the popular choice for Irish fans in 1950-90's but I'd say now, on the whole the Celtic FC Irish connection is fading in southern Ireland as it is with the Irish dispora in UK. I've even heard Irish Liverpool fans cheering on Rangers because of Gerrard becoming manager.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I’ve been to a few Scottish 2nd Div games. Ok the standard of football isn’t great, but the fans are passionate and welcoming, the beer is cheap and so are the flights. Some of the grounds are unique and overall it’s a great day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here