• No

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As a confirmed remainer I am saddened to see the UK become the laughing stock that is Brexit. Here in Oz people , most of whom have strong connections to Blighty, are laughing at the inability of the political classes to find a solution to the debacle that is Brexit. The reputation of the birthplace of modern democracy is in tatters.

I really do feel that MPs should be ashamed of themselves for not enacting the will of the people. I actually feel that revolution would be justified. Could it happen?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
As a confirmed leaver I am saddened to see the UK become the laughing stock that is Brexit. Here in Oz people , most of whom have strong connections to Blighty, are laughing at the inability of the political classes to find a solution to the debacle that is Brexit. The reputation of the birthplace of modern democracy is in tatters.

I really do feel that MPs should be ashamed of themselves for not enacting the will of the people. I actually feel that revolution would be justified. Could it happen?

Yeah

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It will be a peaceful revolution, two party politics is now dead in the water.The electorate have witnessed the hatred that those that represent us have for us, change is on it’s way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The British folk have been in quiet revolution for 300 years. We're just not as showy as the French.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It was doomed from the moment that an overly simple question was asked. This has been compouded by the stubborn dictation of a large group of people that somehow putting meat on the bones of the wishes of the people is somehow undemocratic.

I find it far from amusing from where I sit. It is highly embarassing that noone can find a way out of this stalemate.

Let down by the political classes is an understatement.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Let down by the political classes is an understatement.

and there you have it ......why are they a class of their own , politicians...?? that is why they are so ****ing clueless , zero credibility......it's not a case of do you have a degree but from which university...?? lets not even get started on the pigs head.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We are already as revolution is a change that occurs rapidly and massively, leading to a fundamental transformation of society.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Betteridge's Law.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
As a confirmed remainer I am saddened to see the UK become the laughing stock that is Brexit. Here in Oz people , most of whom have strong connections to Blighty, are laughing at the inability of the political classes to find a solution to the debacle that is Brexit. The reputation of the birthplace of modern democracy is in tatters.

So someone who didn't "remain" in this country thinks we should have a revolution? None of your business now really is it? Your kids aren't "educated" in our overcrowded state schools & your mum isn't sat in A & E of an NHS hospital for 6 hours while we pour billions in to a corrupt organisation. However you're right, our political classes, who use private schools for their kids and have private health care are quite happy with how things are, as they fiddle their expenses, so won't let us leave. The only revolution should be a peaceful political one to ensure a democratic vote to leave is followed through.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So someone who didn't "remain" in this country thinks we should have a revolution? None of your business now really is it?

Hey Baz, give ya head a wobble will ya?

Born in the UK, lived in the UK for over 50 years, paid my taxes in the UK for over 30 years, still being a UK citizen, having my private pension funds still in the UK, one day drawing my state pension from the UK, still having a UK passport, still able to vote in UK elections for years to come, entitled to move back to the UK at any time I choose. But apart from all that, yeah your right, none of my business.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Use more sunscreen

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Born in the UK, lived in the UK for over 50 years, paid my taxes in the UK for over 30 years, still being a UK citizen, having my private pension funds still in the UK, one day drawing my state pension from the UK, still having a UK passport, still able to vote in UK elections for years to come, entitled to move back to the UK at any time I choose. But apart from all that, yeah your right, none of my business.

Welcome to this side of the "you don't even live here" argument Woody.

At least its sunny.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham

Head won't be wobbling for a few hours yet if you meant go and have a few pints. Just find the revolution thing ridiculous from a remain point of view. If we ever actually properly leave and it goes badly then in a few years time it will be time for another debate and possibly another referendum. God knows what the EU will be like by then though if it still exists. What i would agree with is that its probably better to remain than sort of leave a bit but basically stay tied to the EU. In my humble opinion that would be a disaster. I stand by what I said though. The problems in the UK no longer directly affect you so calling for a revolution is a bit much. I respect your contribution though so you are entitled to your opinion.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's fair comment though. Nobody here appreciates people living elsewhere sticking their oar in.

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk

Just pointing out a little irony... or is it 'Hoist with his own petard' .... too my fellow countryman Woody.

However, geographical location won't stop people having opinions, no matter what you appreciate.

We are out here in the thick of it. Trying to defend the lunacy going on in the motherland to the colonials and criminals. Its a tough life being an ambassador :lol::lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here