Justifiable revolution?

• Yes

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016
As a confirmed remainer I am saddened to see the UK become the laughing stock that is Brexit. Here in Oz people , most of whom have strong connections to Blighty, are laughing at the inability of the political classes to find a solution to the debacle that is Brexit. The reputation of the birthplace of modern democracy is in tatters.

I really do feel that MPs should be ashamed of themselves for not enacting the will of the people. I actually feel that revolution would be justified. Could it happen?

Calling Dr No (before this goes to one of the other tedious threads on the subject of Brexit)

No.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
It will be a peaceful revolution, two party politics is now dead in the water.The electorate have witnessed the hatred that those that represent us have for us, change is on it’s way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds better than "on our way" at least an IT can have some sort of substance!:ffsparr:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's fair comment though. Nobody here appreciates people living elsewhere sticking their oar in.

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk
Even more so when the people in question go out of their way to find news stories about 'good old blighty' to be offended by, validating their own decision to move away.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
countries dont revolt over political stalemate. if you look more closely the problem is the politcal class contorting themselves to fit with the view of the people and their own views. its a strength of democracy, MP want to respect the result even though they dont agree with it, so desperate for someone (not themselves, individually) to work an acceptable alternative. there is a lack of political leadership, to either convince the public or MPs to change their mind and decide on a path to take. the only group certain of themselves are the hard Brexiteers, but there isnt enough of them to carry it through.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As a confirmed remainer I am saddened to see the UK become the laughing stock that is Brexit. Here in Oz people , most of whom have strong connections to Blighty, are laughing at the inability of the political classes to find a solution to the debacle that is Brexit. The reputation of the birthplace of modern democracy is in tatters.

I really do feel that MPs should be ashamed of themselves for not enacting the will of the people. I actually feel that revolution would be justified. Could it happen?

They are?

I wouldn't think it's in the top 50 (maybe even 100) conversation topics out here with the locals sorry!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Head won't be wobbling for a few hours yet if you meant go and have a few pints. Just find the revolution thing ridiculous from a remain point of view. If we ever actually properly leave and it goes badly then in a few years time it will be time for another debate and possibly another referendum. God knows what the EU will be like by then though if it still exists. What i would agree with is that its probably better to remain than sort of leave a bit but basically stay tied to the EU. In my humble opinion that would be a disaster. I stand by what I said though. The problems in the UK no longer directly affect you so calling for a revolution is a bit much. I respect your contribution though so you are entitled to your opinion.

I was never calling for a revolution. I was asking if it would a justifiable event.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A quiet revolution, through the ballot box, which sees the two party nation split. If it did happen I would envisage pacts, hung parliaments, etc., for many decades to come, but at least it would freshen up the old boy network/establishment that has shown for three years that they really couldn't give a damn about democracy. 650+ self serving tossers doing the bidding for 60 million people and still only care about what they get out of it. Never in my lifetime have I seen such an inept, corrupt bunch of jobbing politicians. I am holding out for new politics being borne from this utter shambles which has made this country a laughing stock around the world.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Things would have to get really, really bad before revolution could be possible.

At the moment, things are pretty good really. House/rental prices are still high, but apart from that employment is healthy. Wages grow very slowly, but few of us struggle to actually eat, even though food banks are more frequently supporting the most squeezed.

Even now nobody really knows what post-Brexit Britain will look like... but in all likelihood our quality of lives won't change much, if at all. Fast forward to the next government, which will surely won't be a Conservative one, and things could even start to look really positive in a post-Brexit Britain.

Well that's one version, albeit hopelessly inaccurate

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
May can ease the pain by revoking Article 50 on the 6th June.

cant without parliament approval. thats why we're here.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Yep, the one and only answer. However I would still like to know why drew thinks we should revoke it.

maybe because its been an utter shitshow?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've been revolting for years but the real revolution will only happen when we hold our own war criminals to account.

The day we drag Blair to the Hague for sending our soldiers out to fight a war based on deception and killing hundreds of thousands of innocent men women and children will be the real revolution. Holding our own leaders to account for their crimes is key for real justice, and only then will be a revolution.

I've boycotted voting until that f""""" is jailed and if anyone wants a revolution they should boycott voting too until justice is done.

I'm not a fan of Islam but what we did to Iraq, and the suffering from the fallout without any justice, is an insult to reason, fairness and humanity. What he did was terrorism and I despise him as much as radical Islam despises us, and we are paying the price, in blood, for letting him walk away with no form of punishment let alone charges.

Until we are seen to do the right thing, when we point fingers and demonise other leaders, we are just hypocrites with a do as we say, not as we do attitude, and so we do not deserve to be taken seriously on the world stage until justice is done Brexit or no Brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here