Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Wilson

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
From potential Man Utd star to ignominious release in June on a free. Former Albion loanee looking to resurrect his career in Scotland. Seemed to be a bit of a sick note with us, lacking stamina and fitness. I recall he was criticised by a Utd insider as one of several younger players who didn't put the work in once they had a decent pro contract. Now 23, I wonder if he will take the opportunity to realise his potential away from the protective comfort of a big money contract. I don't mean we should be interested, but outside of his weedy physique and tendency to spew on pitch, he did look to have the makings of a footballer.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The writing is on the ball.

1EEB22A0-CC97-404A-A060-4D64A51786E7.jpeg

Invicta

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Did a decent job for us on an interim basis, shame he has had injury problems. Hope he finds a new club.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Allegedly increased his wage from £1,500 to £30,000 when he signed his new contract in 2015. THIRTY grand a week?! He’s not played for them in about four years.

Christ what would his salary be at Aberdeen? Probably less than £5k a week, and that won’t even be money, it’ll be in club vouchers or something. Also redeemable at tuck shops in other MTL clubs

:)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.... that chance against Birmingham goes in ..... who knows...

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
One of the laziest players I've had the misfortune to watch

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of the laziest players I’ve seen in the stripes. There is a very good footballer in there, needs to apply himself better imo.

Seemed to be living on the hype for most of the time that he was here.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Cannot believe some of the criticism on this thread! He did far better for us than 90% of the Amex loan strikers combined.i thought it was pretty well documented he was suffering from an illness during his spell with us?*

*TBF we did paint GM as a lazy traitor for playing with a hernia against Leeds so no real surprises...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cannot believe some of the criticism on this thread! He did far better for us than 90% of the Amex loan strikers combined.i thought it was pretty well documented he was suffering from an illness during his spell with us?*

*TBF we did paint GM as a lazy traitor for playing with a hernia against Leeds so no real surprises...

Assuming that what you say is correct, and yes I do remember querying why we’d play a sick striker, how come he’s ended up where he has

FWIW I was a big fan of GM from the day he first joined us and have never considered him lazy. Laconic was the nearest I got to criticising him in his early days here. I do remember he got plenty of shit from Albion fans in those early days though.

I always though JW had quality but imo did not give his all by a long way when he played for us. I would guess that he is not the star he was touted to become because of his lack of application

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Assuming that what you say is correct, and yes I do remember querying why we’d play a sick striker, how come he’s ended up where he has

FWIW I was a big fan of GM from the day he first joined us and have never considered him lazy. Laconic was the nearest I got to criticising him in his early days here. I do remember he got plenty of shit from Albion fans in those early days though.

I always though JW had quality but imo did not give his all by a long way when he played for us.

He certainly did..... but I'm not sure Wilson was any worse in his stint with us. If I recall, he started well and then the virus seemed to knock him for 6, and even near the end of the season he only showed glimpses of the earlier promise.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
From ESPN interview.

“I'm originally from Stoke and Aberdeen is 400 miles away from there. My first loan move was to Brighton, which was kind of the same thing as Aberdeen. The last few loan moves have been closer to home: Derby and Sheffield United. I thought the most successful loan was the Brighton one and I was trying to get as many similarities with this move.....”

Sounds like we saw the best of him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not saying we should sign him but if the wage agreed was sensible he looked to be a goal poacher and if fully fit who knows. We do not have a 'fox in the box'. Well worth GP having a look at how he did in Scotland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here