Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Wilson

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If as suggested he is on £5k per week at Aberdeen would an offer of £10k per week be out of the question this means on 12 months contract we would speculate about
£500k and what can you buy for that?

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
If as suggested he is on £5k per week at Aberdeen would an offer of £10k per week be out of the question this means on 12 months contract we would speculate about
£500k and what can you buy for that?

As I understood it, Man United were still covering a significant proportion of his £20/30K per week salary.

There's a player in there, but Warren Joyce (former Man United reserves manager) went on record as saying that almost as soon as Wilson secured a lucrative contract he stopped putting the work in that got him there in the first place.

He's been at Aberdeen for a season and a half, played only around 23 games. McInnes has preferred Cosgrove, a player they picked up from Carlisle for a reported fee of £40,000 to Wilson.

Simply don't think he's what we need.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
As I understood it, Man United were still covering a significant proportion of his £20/30K per week salary.

I think what BG means is that if Wilson is planning to sign for Aberdeen on a permanent basis, for £3-£5k per week, then would an offer a bit north of that be worth a shot? I’m surprised nobody else would take a chance on him, given he’s on a free.

Imagine being Wilson and having to take a 90% pay cut, possibly because he was too lazy to work harder.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think what BG means is that if Wilson is planning to sign for Aberdeen on a permanent basis, for £3-£5k per week, then would an offer a bit north of that be worth a shot? I’m surprised nobody else would take a chance on him, given he’s on a free.

Imagine being Wilson and having to take a 90% pay cut, possibly because he was too lazy to work harder.

That is exactly the point if it didnt work out no great expense BUT he may look at it as a last chance saloon and adjust accordingly.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Did a decent job for us on an interim basis, shame he has had injury problems. Hope he finds a new club.

That i don't agree with. Wasted talent

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I liked him. It appeared the illness hit him really hard. But there was a player in there. Not sure I'd be taking him back now though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is exactly the point if it didnt work out no great expense
It is an expense though, because firstly he'd be taking up one of 25 slots, and secondly any time he's on the pitch he'd be taking the place of someone who's likely to do better. If we were in the Championship, I'd be ok with the idea. It would still involve the club meeting up with him and asking why he thinks his career hasn't gone as he'd have liked, to see if he knows he's been to lazy, and if he wants to do something about it.
BUT he may look at it as a last chance saloon and adjust accordingly.
He's young enough that he'll still get more chances. There's no sign that he's finished with being shit yet. It's a gamble I wouldn't want to take.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
He will probably end up rattling around the lower leagues with managers signing him in the forlorn hope that he can can rediscover that spark that made him such a prospect. Sad to see a talent wasted but it is a familiar story in football.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is an expense though, because firstly he'd be taking up one of 25 slots, and secondly any time he's on the pitch he'd be taking the place of someone who's likely to do better. If we were in the Championship, I'd be ok with the idea. It would still involve the club meeting up with him and asking why he thinks his career hasn't gone as he'd have liked, to see if he knows he's been to lazy, and if he wants to do something about it.

Didnt consider the 25 man named squad as we only named 23 last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here