Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 3-5-2

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I’m sure that naylor posted something that showed he used 4-2-3-1 more last season

This is according to premier league site

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1224224

Screenshot_20190524-211727_Chrome.jpg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
and?

So in your world than means nobody ever wins the ball, Potters teams just keep it for 90 minutes.
TBH that doesn't sound any more fun than watching 11 players defending all game.

Like I said - The know nothings are proving once again they know nothing.

i know nothing but, i'm overly excited, and therefore, indulge in wild speculation

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
and?

So in your world than means nobody ever wins the ball, Potters teams just keep it for 90 minutes.
TBH that doesn't sound any more fun than watching 11 players defending all game.

Like I said - The know nothings are proving once again they know nothing.
I'm having difficulty in following your logic. Are you BG in disguise?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i know nothing but, i'm overly excited, and therefore, indulge in wild speculation

I assure you I know less than you, I find that stops me from making grandiose negative statements.
However I do feel it encourages me to 'hope positively'.

If I'm the one oozing positivity, around here, the club might as well give up now.

#NotMyStrongPoint.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm having difficulty in following your logic. Are you BG in disguise?

Yet you feel there's some logic to breaking up Dunk and Duffy based on absolutely no knowledge of the new manager, his preferred style of play or the players he wishes to carry out his instructions.

If you're going to throw around the BG insult, you better make sure you can look yourself in the eye first!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not so sure Duffy is the ball winner in the three with Dunk and another being the footballers. I still think Stephens could play in a three, let's be honest he almost played that position under CH.

that is so often a mistake, playing a defensive midfielder in CB because they sort of play that deep.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Hallelujah. At least someone on here has understood that Potter plays different systems. He does this both between games -- last season he didn't start the same formation in consecutive games -- and even within games.

The most regular thing I've read about Potter is that players have to get used to playing in fluid systems, and I think we have the midfield to do it and 4-2-3-1 would work for us.

Also interesting he rarely started with 4-4-1-1 which was our staple most of last season.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Yet you feel there's some logic to breaking up Dunk and Duffy based on absolutely no knowledge of the new manager, his preferred style of play or the players he wishes to carry out his instructions.
Apologies for the BG reference.
Please examine, as I have, all the references and video evidence of his style of play, and question whether Duffy would be a good fit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
that is so often a mistake, playing a defensive midfielder in CB because they sort of play that deep.

In Stephens case he'd have to be pushed up to CB. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apologies for the BG reference.
Please examine, as I have, all the references and video evidence of his style of play, and question whether Duffy would be a good fit.

Why would I also want to examine all the wrong video evidence?
Like you clearly have.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So his 3 favoured formations last year had 4 at the back.
Who knows. He'll assess our squad, see who he can get in, and make a decision when all that is weighed up. Clearly 3 at the back isn't nailed, and CLEARLY Duffy has a huge future at the club.

A Swansea fan did mention that he was generally forced into 4 at the back due to having only 2 quality centre backs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A Swansea fan did mention that he was generally forced into 4 at the back due to having only 2 quality centre backs.

On yesterday's Football Weekly a fella said Potter also played a short arse as one of the 3 to all but guarantee a solid start with the ball.

So I guess with this new information the OP also thinks Ryan will be pushed up to centre back, as well. :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
On yesterday's Football Weekly a fella said Potter also played a short arse as one of the 3 to all but guarantee a solid start with the ball.

So I guess with this new information the OP also thinks Ryan will be pushed up to centre back, as well. :shrug:

benardo?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There is no way Duffy could play in a back 3.
Lacking in pace, ball control and distributional skill.
He was abysmal when we tried that formation.
Dunk would have to be in the centre.
He is our main man.
Lack of ball control? Did you see his goal against Manure ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I for one am not a fan of a back 3. I also think our squad is much better suited to a back 4 plus a defensive midfielder as this forces the opposition to play the ball in the air and works to our advantage

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here