Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Help: Apple Id Locked

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Hindsight but best to have a rescue email that isn’t linked to Apple eg @icloud.com.

We had it with the boys one a few years ago , give them a ring and they will sort it

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Calm her angst by running a lovely hot bath, soothing music, candles, the works.

Toss the ****ing phone in the bath and piss off out for a nice meal

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It's her apple-id that is locked/disabled. Therefore can't log in to email, itunes, apple store or apple support or anything like like that. Looks like a trip to the apple store tomorrow.

I understand that her apple-Id is locked but if her email account isn’t hosted by Apple then you can setup the email account on another device, (your phone, PC etc.), or if the account has a web interface use a browser to open it.

Once you’ve done that you can read the email from Apple that gives you the instructions to unlock her account.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I understand that her apple-Id is locked but if her email account isn’t hosted by Apple then you can setup the email account on another device, (your phone, PC etc.), or if the account has a web interface use a browser to open it.

Once you’ve done that you can read the email from Apple that gives you the instructions to unlock her account.
This. This. This.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we had same prob with an i phone .....apple shop would not help as phone could have been stolen....mrs. was WELL impressed......got in touch with apple in US by phone they said an email would be sent in 14 days as it would take this long to retrieve the account ....went down that route 4 times , finally cracked off a large one on their apple support page and was contacted by a network supervisor names Siresh from Toronto , he said he would take a special interest in our case and vowed to fix the problem within 48 hrs.......nothing , i took the phone into the apple store in the city and jumped up and down on it in front of the service desk and walked out leaving it in pieces on the floor .......im on an android rest of the family are apple users.......didn't fix the phone but i enjoyed the exersise.....apple .....prrrffffttt , twatts.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Why can't you/she login into the email account from another device like a laptop/pc/phone? Or am I missing something?

in our case her access to our account was completely blocked , we eventually surmised that the original owner of the phone had not wiped it clean of apps etc the device was locked , needing original proof of purchase from an authorised apple dealer to unlock it .......we spent nearly 4 hrs on the phone to different "experts" the second and 3rd time they couldn't even find the case id on their system.......so , the moral of our story was don't buy second hand apple stuff without an original invoice as if anything goes wrong with it they won't help you.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
in our case her access to our account was completely blocked , we eventually surmised that the original owner of the phone had not wiped it clean of apps etc the device was locked , needing original proof of purchase from an authorised apple dealer to unlock it .......we spent nearly 4 hrs on the phone to different "experts" the second and 3rd time they couldn't even find the case id on their system.......so , the moral of our story was don't buy second hand apple stuff without an original invoice as if anything goes wrong with it they won't help you.
Ahh the old Activation lock.

https://youtu.be/lN0GOBiY5M4

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Had a similar problem a couple of years ago,but used low-tech to solve.Put my apple password into my son's old i-pod touch and used the forgotten password option,from where you can usually resolve the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here