Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Help: Apple Id Locked

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mrs P's apple id has been "locked for security" reasons and we can't unlock it.

Most stupid thing is it says an email has been sent with unlock instructions, but because here id is locked we can't get the email :facepalm:

We've tried answering the security questions, but it keeps saying the answers are wrong, but she is certain they're not.

Any ideas anyone

And yes, we have switched it off and on again

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Utterly hopeless.

Go to apple support online, and select the option to reset security questions. Asks her to sign-in which I can't because the account is locked :facepalm:

Go to apple support online, and select the option to have someone call us. Asks her to sign-in which I can't because the account is locked :facepalm:

Apple Support :tosser:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Have to make appt in one of the apple shops then

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe that apple's top salesman [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posts on here occasionally. Maybe he can help out :angel:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Press the home button and the on button for 5 seconds and wait for screen to go black. Then wait 5 mins and press power on til apple logo appears.

Might work.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No. The account is locked.

I had a similar sort of problem – a long and complicated set of issues involving two accounts being locked/disabled, various different Apple products, Apple ID, iTunes and iOS shenanigans. It was a bit of an effort, but I went through it on the phone with a fella from Apple, who was REALLY good. Took about an hour but, like I say, mine was a complex problem.

Just go through the main Apple number and they'll sort it.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Did that to me a few years back. Pissed me right off and seemed impossible to rectify. So I went Android. Never looked back.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Are you saying that your email account is locked? - who hosts the email account?

It's her apple-id that is locked/disabled. Therefore can't log in to email, itunes, apple store or apple support or anything like like that. Looks like a trip to the apple store tomorrow.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I usually forget the password. I get locked out for periods of time , said 90 days once, they must have relented after a couple of weeks. I write it down now.:angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here