Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stats email from club

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I quite liked it, though the number of home games seems incorrect. 2,198 miles travelled for me.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I did them all including Southampton in the EFL cup which appears not to have been included. Given 44 games and 5702 miles

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s fun, but my mileage is out by a very long way, 32 times out.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
The emal goes to show what a poor season it was on the pitch when all we can celebrate about our tactical play on the pitch is tackles and blocks with saves. Let's hope next season it will be crosses and shots with goals.

Feb 18, 2011
Currently Cornwall
Mileage is completely wrong for me. Only managed six games at an apparent 1949 miles. Seeing as my nearest game was Cardiff at a round trip of 340 miles, the total mileage should have been over 3000. Is the assumption that everyone lives in Brighton?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The mileage was totally wrong on mine, hundreds of miles out.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The emal goes to show what a poor season it was on the pitch when all we can celebrate about our tactical play on the pitch is tackles and blocks with saves. Let's hope next season it will be crosses and shots with goals.

Surprised the club didn't show how many of the record breaking 735 minutes without a goal that each supporter watched

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
29 aways. Huh? We didn’t even play that many, did we, and I know I missed two, maybe 3. :shrug:

Well, either sombody at the club read this thread, or someone contacted them about the number of away games. I’ve just received another email with a revised total of 20 away games, which brings it into the realms of actually being possible.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Two people in my household only went to one game each (bad fans).

They both travelled from the same address, ie mine.

The club reckons one of them travelled 27 miles for this, and the other travelled 28 miles.

Having worked in software for most of my life, I'm struggling to understand how these differing results could be derived.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

The club reckons one of them travelled 27 miles for this, and the other travelled 28 miles.

Having worked in software for most of my life, I'm struggling to understand how these differing results could be derived.

Weird! Different seats in the ground? One travelled by train and one by supporters coach? :shrug:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Perhaps they compiled the data by hand? An army of clerks beavering away...you live 13.75 miles away, they did the total trip, and one rounded up, the other down?

This explanation would also be correct for the adjustment from 29 away games for me down to 20 - the 9 and 0 being next to each other on a keyboard.

Blimey.

No - surely not...

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Oh FFS, it's a bit of fun! I think it's a great thing the club has done and personally it's nice the fans are acknowledged in this way. So let's not split hairs about distance travelled.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Perhaps they compiled the data by hand? An army of clerks beavering away...you live 13.75 miles away, they did the total trip, and one rounded up, the other down?

This explanation would also be correct for the adjustment from 29 away games for me down to 20 - the 9 and 0 being next to each other on a keyboard.

Blimey.

No - surely not...

But why was the Southampton League Cup game excluded from the stats, just seems odd

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

They’ll have forgotten to carry the 1 in calculating the 27 mile distance, which should also have been 28.

Obvs.

Either that or incompetence. Gross, gross incompetence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh FFS, it's a bit of fun! I think it's a great thing the club has done and personally it's nice the fans are acknowledged in this way. So let's not split hairs about distance travelled.

Oh, I know that. It's an interesting thing that has us all reflecting on the season that has just finished, and looking forward to the next one.

I'm just struggling to understand how the software used, that has the same start and end points for two different people outputs two different distances. I'm not criticising the club - it will be bought in CRM software, or similar. It's just my work background that has me noticing and wondering how it happened.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
HOME
MATCHES*

AWAY
MATCHES**

MILES
TRAVELLED

DUNK & DUFFY
TACKLES & BLOCKS

PASSES
COMPLETED

RYAN
SAVES

What would be good is if you scanned your season ticket after every beer purchase and it tells you how many you've had over the season. :drink:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
c57aa05b7091067a83096c95261a2500.jpg

I think the mileage is understated. May be as the crow flies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here