• Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm not one of those that think Leavers are 'thick' - the vast majority are not, although some clearly are (and their presence is clear for all to see, on here).
I'd like for a moment to put myself in a Leaver's shoes (although I am not, and never was).
Let's assume I voted Leave in the referendum, and I'm one of the not-thick brigade. I was given a simple 'In/Out' vote, and for my own reasons AT THE TIME, I voted to Leave.
Even as a Leaver, I would have (hopefully) watched, listened and learned more, during the ensuing 3 years, and come to see that things were either not as presented at the time (to me), as in Leaving would be easy, etc...etc..etc.. and that some of the things I was told were clearly untrue.
Now, I would still hold dear that democratic process, but I would certainly consider that I KNOW MORE ABOUT IT NOW, and being one of the non-thick Leavers, I would see that some people (like my 'Leaver' self), might not be so convinced that it's definitely the way to go, and it would be Just (and Democratic) to be asked again, if it (being what it now appears to be) is what we, both Leavers and Remainers STILL want.
I have no beef with people reconsidering their views - it happens in small ways, in everyday life. I don't dig my heels in and stubbornly stick to what I may have thought was a good idea in the first place.
No, because I am a non-thick Leaver/Remainer, I would consider it both prudent and eminently sensible to see if I (and everyone else) still felt the same way, three years on - before it is too late.
That's not undemocratic - it's common bleedin' sense.
Only a true thickie would think otherwise.
And most of us (on both sides of the fence) are not.

You seem to have an obsession with 'thick' whilst being a self proclaimed intellectual. Genius, absolute genius. Your whole post, other than being offensive, could be the same for when we joined the COMMON MARKET and not the United States of Europe. We were not told of the consequences back then but have voted with our feet this time around. I hope I'm not too thick for you.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Even your beloved Farridge said that if Remain had won by such a small margin, he would want a re-run.
Funny how that's conveniently forgotten by you, and others like you. :)

Who is Farridge? Why is he my beloved? Who are 'others like me'? Have you been stalking my house and watching me?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
You seem to have an obsession with 'thick' whilst being a self proclaimed intellectual. Genius, absolute genius. Your whole post, other than being offensive, could be the same for when we joined the COMMON MARKET and not the United States of Europe. We were not told of the consequences back then but have voted with our feet this time around. I hope I'm not too thick for you.

Actually, yes....yes you are. You parade your thickness as though it's the height of fashion.

Happily, you are in a tiny minority among Leavers. :)

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
So you see something illegal, and corrupt but because it happened to win a poll, we've all got to shut up? Never. I will fight it until my dying day.

Good luck with that, Thunder.
Personally I have got more interesting things I want to do with my remaining time on this planet.
I believe you and I are of similar years..... 71 next birthday for me!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We were given a YES/NO vote, what part of that do you not understand?

I didn't know it was possible to be that stupid and ignorant.
Your posts on here this afternoon are the work of a madman, laughable, ignorant drivel.
You are an absolute ******* Pillock.
No wonder we all call your sort thickos.
And there is a pattern, you, that fairy thing, 2 braincells, etc, all as thick as mince.
The light is on, it's dim but it's on, but there is certainly nobody at home.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I didn't know it was possible to be that stupid and ignorant.
Your posts on here this afternoon are the work of a madman, laughable, ignorant drivel.
You are an absolute ******* Pillock.
No wonder we all call your sort thickos.
And there is a pattern, you, that fairy thing, 2 braincells, etc, all as thick as mince.
The light is on, it's dim but it's on, but there is certainly nobody at home.

More abuse from Remainers, this really has opened my eyes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
LEAF means LEAF

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Far too thick for me, I'm afraid, but as I said, you are in a tiny minority.
Your inability to answer even the simplest questions, or put forward your views in an intelligible way, makes it so very clear that you are, sadly....a thickie.

Ask me a question. Stop the abuse, this afternoon has been non stop abuse from Remainers, why? Do you not have a solution without shouting people down? Is my plain English to thick for you intellectual types? I'm actually finding this all rather amusing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Personally I have got more interesting things I want to do in my remaining time on this planet.

You really can just ignore all this Brexit stuff.

The only thing likely to happen in the next few years is more fudging, some sort of 'deal' with a customs union, or rescinding of Article 50, any of which will have no real effect on your day to day life (and particularly if you're retired).

Really, don't worry about it :)

Just use this thread and the posters on it as a source of entertainment.Though some are more entertaining than others :wink:

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Ask me a question. Stop the abuse, this afternoon has been non stop abuse from Remainers, why? Do you not have a solution without shouting people down? Is my plain English to thick for you intellectual types? I'm actually finding this all rather amusing.

I'm not surprised you find it amusing, in the same way that a rubber band would keep you amused for days.
You post drivel. End of.
My solution? Yes, I have one - to ignore you. :)

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You really can just ignore the all this Brexit stuff.

The only thing likely to happen in the next few years is more fudging, some sort of 'deal' with a customs union, or rescinding of Article 50, any of which will have no real effect on your day to day life.

Really, don't worry about it :)
Hi Watford, I don't worry about it at all. I just get bored with it!:lolol::thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm not surprised you find it amusing, in the same way that a rubber band would keep you amused for days.
You post drivel. End of.
My solution? Yes, I have one - to ignore you. :)

Good idea, I can be safe from further abuse from someone that quite clearly hasn't got a grip on life.

D

Deleted member 22389

So you see something illegal, and corrupt but because it happened to win a poll, we've all got to shut up? Never. I will fight it until my dying day.

That's really sad that you feel this way. Honestly as a leaver, I'm passionate but I certainly wouldn't fight it all my life, if we don't actually leave after all this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Personally I have got more interesting things I want to do with my remaining time on this planet.

Yes, we're the same age. Mind you, Jeremy Hunt has plans for us. I've asked him how long we've got. 75, 80?

[tweet]1140327538775994368[/tweet]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here