Votes: 107 23.2%
  • Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2719

Its a bit like saying which would you prefer death by hanging, firing squad or lethal injection all the Tory hopefuls seem equally odious

Esther Mcvey is not odious.

My lead would mark her box.

Attachments

• esthermcvey.jpg
    esthermcvey.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 152

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Every lying remoaner in Europe seems to be on that twatter link.You clowns will never win.

What will the clowns never win? You’ve lost me mate.
I’m not a remoaner, I’m not even a remainer or even a Brexiteer.

But anyone who wants that lying piece of sh*t as our Prime Minister is a traitor to this nation of ours.

We’ve gone deep into the pits now

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I don't see anything particularly groundbreaking in what he is saying; essentially there are people with a predisposition for a conservative outlook, or 'somewheres', no shit sherlock. I suspect though this is not 50% who are like this, as he suggests, rather there is a broad 'Guassian' distribution between the somewheres and the anywheres, i.e. people more inclined to liberal opinion and ideas (the reason why he says 50% somewhere, ~25% anywhere and ~25% in the middle is a result recent events forcing people into more rigid definitions).

Regardless I go back to my original point of the fact that if you do accept that the EU is set up by, and run by anywheres, for the sake of anywheres, why somewheres would necessarily be against it? That seems to me (and I think fairly) to be a case of cutting the nose to spite the face; hence my question of where pragmatism comes into this?

Quite clearly this reflected in the results of the 2016 referendum in this country, I cannot speak for other member states,nor could I give a ****.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
ba91420cb3dfb4f79d74225ca54fafb5.jpg

Would be quite cool to have a PM with a scouse accent shame that it won’t happen but for all the wrong reasons I would like her to be the next PM albeit until Corbyn replaces fairly soon after [emoji23]

(Yes I know she is a friend of the McCann’s)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
We could always have corbyn and his merry band:ohmy: :eek: :shootself:
I wonder what lies he will tell the yoof to get their vote this time.? ???

Are you saying that Corbyn and his merry band would be any worse than the current bunch of serial incompetents for whom the state and the survivability of the Conservative Party seems to be far more important than the greater national good? To my mind, over the last three years, they have shown themselves TOTALLY incapable of leading anything.

D

Deleted member 2719

Are you saying that Corbyn and his merry band would be any worse than the current bunch of serial incompetents for whom the state and the survivability of the Conservative Party seems to be far more important than the greater national good? To my mind, over the last three years, they have shown themselves TOTALLY incapable of leading anything.

Corbyn manipulates kids to gain their votes, it plain to see he can't be trusted.

Can't think of many labour politicians ever that I would trust less than him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Corbyn is 70 tomorrow.

He has 1 more election in him, maximum.

After that, he becomes yesterday's problem.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
whoever becomes PM will have problems because Corbyn has no interest in the national situation and is firmly intent on himself and getting a general election.

When she was elected, I as a non-Tory thought that Mrs May was at least a safe pair of hands. How wrong I was. Any failure to resolve anything over the last 2 to 3 years has been ENTIRELY her fault, and any attempt to lay any blame at the door of Mr Corbyn is laughable. He is useless, but...….

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I really like Rory Stewart as Tory MPs go.

But he's too nice so he won't get it.

I agree. He seems to be a beacon of decent honesty in a sea of dog-poo.

I even think, when he says he would unite the country, that he might be the sort of person who could do it..... but we shall see.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Corbyn manipulates kids to gain their votes, it plain to see he can't be trusted.

Can't think of many labour politicians ever that I would trust less than him.

To be fair, most of my life I would have considered myself a natural labour voter. Not any more. They have other far better people, and my vote would go elsewhere.... but not Tory.

D

Deleted member 2719

To be fair, most of my life I would have considered myself a natural labour voter. Not any more. They have other far better people, and my vote would go elsewhere.... but not Tory.

Fair play to you, I'm sure Farage will be happy to have you on board.:wink:

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
The last 10 minutes of yesterday's Newsnight are well worth watching on iPlayer. There's an interview with 3 political journalists.

The last 10 seconds is brilliant when Jenn Russell of The Times sums up Johnson: "There's nothing there other than a man with a shameless ambition that far outstrips his ability".

And people want him as PM!

larus

When she was elected, I as a non-Tory thought that Mrs May was at least a safe pair of hands. How wrong I was. Any failure to resolve anything over the last 2 to 3 years has been ENTIRELY her fault, and any attempt to lay any blame at the door of Mr Corbyn is laughable. He is useless, but...….

At least you’re consistent. Consistently wrong :lol:.

Remainers will look back in a few years and realise how duped they were by project fear. We will do very well outside the EU, once the short-term disruption is ironed out.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The criticism of May is valid up to a point BUT the parliamentary arithmetic meant, in the end, she needed Corbyn/Labour support and [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] is right he was never interested in the national interest. The Labour leadership team have only ever had one goal ... manoeuvring for a general election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here