Votes: 107 23.2%
  • Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm going to bed, night remainers. Don't expect me to reply to your Vicky Pollard style of communication.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In a country of over 60 million people the last 3 Prime Ministers have been:

Gordon Brown
David Cameron
Theresa May

The Leader of Her Majesty's Opposition is Jeremy Corbyn and the most likely next PM is Boris Johnson.

Just how is this possible?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I am not going to say it again, regardless of what political treaties were valid at the time the final GFA did NOT involve Brussels.

So how do we get to the GFA without the four freedoms being baked into it?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Gordon Brown
David Cameron
Theresa May

The Leader of Her Majesty's Opposition is Jeremy Corbyn and the most likely next PM is Boris Johnson.

All the talented ones have either been frozen out for not believing in a stupid cause hard enough (Brexit, Corbynism) or buggered off to other, better paid jobs with a thousandth of the hassle.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Gordon Brown
David Cameron
Theresa May

Because that's who people vote for

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Who voted for Gordon Brown to be PM? :shrug:

MPs

(who were voted for by us)
Labour members would have had a vote but no-one wanted to stand against him.

All parties are democracies. People say that Labour should have picked a better leader but there were five candidates when Corbyn stood, If people felt that strongly, then they should have voted for a different leader - Corbyn won by a landslide.

It's the same with Johnson. If people don't want him, join the Tory Party and vote against him

I know British democracy has its faults but it's not (yet) a totalitarian state where all leaders are controlled and selected by an inner elite. The people have the power to change things but it seems they don't want to

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm more concerned about peoples conceited views than I am about a buffoon taking charge.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Give it to Boris. At least then we have a chance of staying in the EU. He’ll **** it up without having to give the dumbos another referendum / chance to balls this country up again :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Give it to Boris. At least then we have a chance of staying in the EU. He’ll **** it up without having to give the dumbos another referendum / chance to balls this country up again :)

Why would you want to stay in the EU? Literally a one party state that tells us how to live our lives whilst fleecing us for every penny we have? There is no democracy in the EU. There are countries that have been bankrupted by the EU model and can't get out of it, we can, they cannot bankrupt us.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why would you want to stay in the EU? Literally a one party state that tells us how to live our lives whilst fleecing us for every penny we have? There is no democracy in the EU. There are countries that have been bankrupted by the EU model and can't get out of it, we can, they cannot bankrupt us.

I disagree. I like the EU for reasons I’ve given many times on this thread so I won’t bore anyone with them again. At this point no leavers are listening to the facts so there is little point in repeating them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, they have no choice to leave the EU, they are all under the blackmail rule.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But the vacuum in politics will see a change and these countries will leave, without sanctions because they will tell the EU to do one once they see the UK is ok without the EU. This is why the EU is giving us a hard time, to stop their little club being overturned. The Common Market was a great idea, a state of EU is not and we will never be a federal part of this German lead power house.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But the vacuum in politics will see a change and these countries will leave, without sanctions because they will tell the EU to do one once they see the UK is ok without the EU. This is why the EU is giving us a hard time, to stop their little club being overturned. The Common Market was a great idea, a state of EU is not and we will never be a federal part of this German lead power house.

We’ll see.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I disagree. I like the EU for reasons I’ve given many times on this thread so I won’t bore anyone with them again. At this point no leavers are listening to the facts so there is little point in repeating them.

"No leavers are listening to the facts" ... just what I expect from someone that cares less about democracy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What exactly are you non democratic people looking for? An over turn of our vote? Seriously is that your thing? Best of three, toss a coin? What is your problem with losing? You lost, we get out, what part of that do you not understand?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"No leavers are listening to the facts" ... just what I expect from someone that cares less about democracy.

I’m a fan of democracy. I don’t think the referendum was democratic or at least it was massively flawed. The Remain side did a pathetic job of getting their point across. The leave side told outright lies and the whole thing was initiated because Cameron was trying to cling on to power.
It’s a tough one to call in the sense that even if we look at the referendum result at face value and declare it democratic. The reneging by the government of their ruling that it was not binding and subsequent law change to make it binding was tragically undemocratic. Of course the fact it’s been a disaster already and the possibility that it could well ruin the U.K. should at least lead to a democratic second referendum and raise the question of whether it should just be reversed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I’m a fan of democracy. I don’t think the referendum was democratic or at least it was massively flawed. The Remain side did a pathetic job of getting their point across. The leave side told outright lies and the whole thing was initiated because Cameron was trying to cling on to power.
It’s a tough one to call in the sense that even if we look at the referendum result at face value and declare it democratic. The reneging by the government of their ruling that it was not binding and subsequent law change to make it binding was tragically undemocratic. Of course the fact it’s been a disaster already and the possibility that it could well ruin the U.K. should at least lead to a democratic second referendum and raise the question of whether it should just be reversed.

No. no, no... a second referendum? NO! The first was clear, yes or no, it was the highest poll of people in the history of voting. The NO to the EU won, why would we need another one to appease the remainers? Why? This was a DEMOCRATIC vote, we asked to leave. What the **** is wrong with you people that cannot accept a democratic vote? This wasn't done in the commons or the lords, this was done by people on the ground, the people that really matter, us lot. Stick your second vote where the sun don't shine.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No. no, no... a second referendum? NO! The first was clear, yes or no, it was the highest poll of people in the history of voting. The NO to the EU won, why would we need another one to appease the remainers? Why? This was a DEMOCRATIC vote, we asked to leave. What the **** is wrong with you people that cannot accept a democratic vote? This wasn't done in the commons or the lords, this was done by people on the ground, the people that really matter, us lot. Stick your second vote where the sun don't shine.

Okay.

D

Deleted member 22389

If your running a large business and your second biggest customer is threatening to walk you give them the best deal possible. You certainly don't tell them like it or lump it. This is the problem with the EU, we are just a cash cow. They respect nobody, they have become to powerful and just think they can treat countries like shit. We need to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here