Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
In Rory Stewart the Tories have someone who stands a chance, however tiny, of detoxifying them so they will be electable when Labour finally see sense and ditch Corbyn for someone less rubbish who actually gives the Tories some competition. Thankfully the Tories are too irrational to realise that and will instead go for the weapons grade bell-endery of Johnson.

If you want to know what someone is really like, his voting record in the HOC is a good start

[tweet]1138725049517690880[/tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sajid Javed launch has been delayed , we will have to wait an extra few minutes so he can tell us he is the son of a bus driver

Wise move while the press discuss the 6 questions Boris didn't answer in his managed press conference. Won't get a look in today

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wise move while the press discuss the 6 questions Boris didn't answer in his managed press conference. Won't get a look in today

Sad that the runaway choice as next Prime Minister has to do such carefully stage managed press conferences in order to avoid cocking up rather than to win on merit. Lord help us when he gets in.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Backed him at 20/1 to be next PM, I reckon if he can get into the last 2 against Boris he might be able to win based on being the least worst option, and he is at least different to the others who all seem to be trying to out do themselves.
Good move, given the candidates, it is a case of hoping for the Least Worst.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you want to know what someone is really like, his voting record in the HOC is a good start
Yes, HOC voting records are always a giggle aren't they. Tell me, was it 600 times Jeremy Corbyn voted against his own party's policy in the past 2 decades, or is it nearer 700 times? Good job no-one expelled him for doing so eh?

Sorry, I can't take died in the wool Corbyn apologists seriously when they talk about shit like HOC voting records. Stewart is far more palatable to middle England than Corbyn, I know that much. Not that it matters as Boris will win.

Boris or Corbyn. Christ. Will the last one who leaves this increasingly embarrassing country please remember to turn the lights off?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yes, HOC voting records are always a giggle aren't they. Tell me, was it 600 times Jeremy Corbyn voted against his own party's policy in the past 2 decades, or is it nearer 700 times? Good job no-one expelled him for doing so eh?

Sorry, I can't take died in the wool Corbyn apologists seriously when they talk about shit like HOC voting records. Stewart is far more palatable to middle England than Corbyn, I know that much. Not that it matters as Boris will win.

Boris or Corbyn. Christ. Will the last one who leaves this increasingly embarrassing country please remember to turn the lights off?

Couldn't agree more and no "lesser of two evils" option either.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not that it matters as Boris will win.

Tory leader elections have a habit of throwing out the favourite.

There isn't one vote, there could be up to four. They keep voting until they have two to present to the membership.

Basically Boris could get the most votes in the first round, but then as MPs "lose" their favoured candidate they have to vote for whoever is left.

This is when it gets strategic. Those who don't want Boris (and voted for a variety of others) can gang up to ensure a different two beat him.

When Hestletine stood against Thatcher (and it had to go to a second vote), Thatcher resigned and others joined the election. Major came from nowhere, because the MPs saw Hestletine as a figure that would divide the party.

If Boris gets to the last two, he will probably win from the membership votes. But if he placed up against Hunt, I think it will be close.

However remember this is the party that thought William Hague, Duncan Smith and Michael Howard could win an election.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

There isn't one vote, there could be up to four. They keep voting until they have two to present to the membership.

Basically Boris could get the most votes in the first round, but then as MPs "lose" their favoured candidate they have to vote for whoever is left.

This is when it gets strategic. Those who don't want Boris (and voted for a variety of others) can gang up to ensure a different two beat him.

When Hestletine stood against Thatcher (and it had to go to a second vote), Thatcher resigned and others joined the election. Major came from nowhere, because the MPs saw Hestletine as a figure that would divide the party.

If Boris gets to the last two, he will probably win from the membership votes. But if he placed up against Hunt, I think it will be close.

However remember this is the party that thought William Hague, Duncan Smith and Michael Howard could win an election.

Boris really has developed into Trump-Lite, he won't unite the Tories, let alone the country.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Johnson has apparently offered the Home Secretary to four seperare MPs already in his bid for the top job (BBC)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why do people keep referring to Johnson as 'Boris' ?

It's as if his cloak of benign, bumbling eccentric has actually fooled people.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why do people keep referring to Johnson as 'Boris' ?

It's as if his cloak of benign, bumbling eccentric has actually fooled people.

Its because people think of this stuff instead of what he stands for...

Capture.JPG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1139057521417695233[/tweet]

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The best thing ever written about Johnson was that he waits in the wings to see which way people are running and then jumps out in front of them and shouts follow me.
An odious shitstain of a man and people want him for prime minister, actually leading the polls.
This once great country is rapidly going down the sewer, Cameron/Osbourne, May/Eeyore and now Johnson/?
What a shower of shite.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

What did Meg say two weeks ago ?

Well I can't speak for the others, but I voted for him on pure comedy grounds, simply for the chance to watch the cretin try and back out of 'no deal' if he ever got the job :lolol:

I reckon, if he manages to get it, he will almost immediately revert to 'I didn't say I wanted no deal, I said I wanted a good deal and no deal has to be on the table to achieve that'. Because that was a winning formula last time :facepalm:

So he didn't get to the end of his launch party without going backwards

Brexit: Boris Johnson says he is 'not aiming for no deal'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48602988

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least 1 of them will bite the dust in the vote today.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I realise most of that, but Boris has the backing of the Torygraph and other influences, and it will all be spun to make it seem like a Johnson led government would trounce Labour. With the influence Johnson has on his side, grass root Tories will vote him in.

It will be almost as if endangering British citizens in Iranian jails, referring to black people as "piccaninnies", aggravating scousers by accusing them of "wallowing in grief" over the killing of Ken Bigley, accusing football fans of making the police scapegoats for Hillsborough, talking about muslim women as "letterboxes", never happened. And that ignores the LONG list of minor gaffes - like saying "f*ck business" in response to business leaders concerns over Brexit, flattening 10 year old kids playing rugby, talking about whisky in a Sikh(or was it Buddist?) temple, "hilariously" rugby tackling an opponent during a charity football match, saying women go to university to find a husband and several other embarrassing moments.

And in an amazing piece of revisionism, he took to twitter recently to take credit for facing down the London riots in 2011 - you know, the time when the city was in the grip of feral rats and he was on the other side of the world on holiday and didn't bother returning to sort it out for over a week. Even reasonable people on his own side accuse him of waiting to see which direction the public point, running to the front of that queue and shouting "follow me"

The man is unfit for office. He's a total twunt, but he'll get in because powerful people want him running the country.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I realise most of that, but Boris has the backing of the Torygraph and other influences, and it will all be spun to make it seem like a Johnson led government would trounce Labour. With the influence Johnson has on his side, grass root Tories will vote him in.

It will be almost as if endangering British citizens in Iranian jails, referring to black people as "piccaninnies", aggravating scousers by accusing them of "wallowing in grief" over the killing of Ken Bigley, accusing football fans of making the police scapegoats for Hillsborough, talking about muslim women as "letterboxes", never happened. And that ignores the LONG list of minor gaffes - like saying "f*ck business" in response to business leaders concerns over Brexit, flattening 10 year old kids playing rugby, talking about whisky in a Sikh(or was it Buddist?) temple, "hilariously" rugby tackling an opponent during a charity football match, saying women go to university to find a husband and several other embarrassing moments.

And in an amazing piece of revisionism, he took to twitter recently to take credit for facing down the London riots in 2011 - you know, the time when the city was in the grip of feral rats and he was on the other side of the world on holiday and didn't bother returning to sort it out for over a week. Even reasonable people on his own side accuse him of waiting to see which direction the public point, running to the front of that queue and shouting "follow me"

The man is unfit for office. He's a total twunt, but he'll get in because powerful people want him running the country.

Perfect summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here