View Poll Results: Who should be the next Prime Minister?

Voters
461. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boris Johnson

107 23.21%
  • Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

354 76.79%
Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 37778485868788899097 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want to appear facetious, but you do realise that the EU have disbanded the negotiation team and with the recent elections and the current appointments in the EU not due to finish until November 1st, there is no one for Johnson to actually negotiate with
    This is something that isn't being communicated by the majority of the media.

BJ's appointment will be our final humiliation, before our Union starts to break up
    #nothing to do with brexit (honestly)

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      Johnson wonít even turn up for a TV debate so how could he manage one with the EU
      Terrified of the Channel 4 team, they will expose him...
      Pactum serva The Merry Prankster's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post

You can't do anything if you don't win, and the tories understand that. The exact opposite to 'no compromise with the electorate' militant momentum labour.

And yet Labours whole Brexit policy is based on compromise and their broader policy is entirely based on the interests of the many over the few.
      Half measures availed us nothing.
      Pactum serva The Merry Prankster's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      Why should he bother with a TV debate with loaded questions. He will get his chance to show Corbyn up for what he is in PM Question Time.
      I think youíre right Corbyn is going to seem even more decent, balanced, thoughtful, informed and well briefed compared to the charalton that is Johnson. If you donít believe me then listen to his old boss, Max Hastings, a Tory and ex editor of the Tory house journal the Daily Telegraph [ATTACH=CONFIG]

Youíve got to be spectacularly dim to to fall for Johnson. Oh......
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Half measures availed us nothing.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Merry Prankster View Post
      And yet Labours whole Brexit policy is based on compromise and their broader policy is entirely based on the interests of the many over the few.
      I'd be happy to accept that if it were meaningful in this context. However the biggest example of any compromise here is that different leading labour MPs have tolerated one another's entirely different stance on brexit ('will of the people' versus 'need a new referendum'). The leader himself has compromised excellently, going from 'we voted leave so we must leave' to. er, 'we need another people's vote' ('but after a general election and me having a bash at renecotiating the deal').

The bottom line is that it is unclear what labour wants, albeit it is clear that everything Corbyn has said has been undeliverable and absurd (not least because it will take months and months to resolve - and hinges on labour winning a majority in a snap GE called by the tories to give him a chance to be PM).

Indeed, the main thing Corbyn it wants, without compromise, is another general election (which they will almost certainly lose). This cannot occur until after October (why would any tory leader risk a general election and loss of seats when there is no need? Unless it is Theresa May, of course). Corbyn wishing, indeed demanding somthing impossible is almost as silly as the Brexitters unicorn agenda.

So it wouldn't really matter what labour say, as long as they say something consistent and coherent so that when the GE does come aaround the people will recall that labour offered excellent consistent and coherent leadership during the Brexit debacle. Instead it has been large amounts of silence, demands for a GE and senior figure making contradictory statements.

If this is the compromise you are celebrating then I admire your ability to see a silver lining in the Corbyn cloud.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite

0 Not allowed!
      I think youíre right Corbyn is going to seem even more decent, balanced, thoughtful, informed and well briefed compared to the charalton that is Johnson. If you donít believe me then listen to his old boss, Max Hastings, a Tory and ex editor of the Tory house journal the Daily Telegraph [ATTACH=CONFIG]

Youíve got to be spectacularly dim to to fall for Johnson. Oh......
      Post 724 already pointed this out ffs...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I can't think of anything Labour will do to improve the life of hard working people. Cheaper council tax bills, cheaper energy bills, better roads, more doctor surgeries, more school places forget it. They will face exactly the same problems as the Tories. Better off with the Tories, because this is as good as it gets.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Boris £80k higher rate tax giveaway is interesting. Can't find a period in the modern era where the rate was set this high

In 1990 it was £20k for example, which is £45k in todays money.

Bizarre policy that will only attract support from those that already vote Tory anyway

Meanwhile, my sons school can no longer afford to use their photo copier

@bashlsdir, is this the best we can do?
      Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      Boris £80k higher rate tax giveaway is interesting. Can't find a period in the modern era where the rate was set this high

In 1990 it was £20k for example, which is £45k in todays money.

Bizarre policy that will only attract support from those that already vote Tory anyway

Meanwhile, my sons school can no longer afford to use their photo copier

@bashlsdir, is this the best we can do?
      Perhaps your school's headteacher could use their tax cut to fund the photocopying

0 Not allowed!
      They have a Brexit policy?