• Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You've missed the point no surprise there Mr custard face , you'll need to change your avatar to egg on your face shortly
Regards
DR

You've literally made no point in your post. You've taken the original post, tried to skew it towards your world view and now you're being called out that it makes no sense.

Step down, or come back with a cogent answer. We might be here a while for that, but anything is possible.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think that is such a significant issue. Especially seeing as he won his first Mayoral election as an Independent having quit the Labour Party after Blair rigged it so that Dobson won selection over Ken. He didn't have any of the Labour Party canvassing for him that time, quite the opposite, they were trying to undermine his campaign. Didn't stop him.

Yes, that's a fair point. But there was a sense that he was a bit of an underdog, Cheeky Ken, having a go against the establishment - he didn't have that in 2012

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
WHAT'S IN A NAME?
A lot.

If you refer to someone by their first name, when in comparable circumstances you call their colleagues by their surnames, it implies familiarity, indulgence, respect. If you have none of these feelings for the front runner in the Tory leadership contest, please don't call him Boris. Treat him like the others. McVey, Rudd, Gove, Johnson.

Johnson's manifesto is to cut taxes for the higher paid and leave the EU without a deal. I don't think it's possible to come up with two ideas simultaneously more divisive in our riven society and more disastrous for the poorest and most vulnerable in our communities.

Don't call him Boris, and ask your friends not to either. He's not your mate. He's not a bumbling, affable, scruffy, ruffle-haired charmer. He's a calculating, ruthless, cold-hearted class warrior for the super-rich. An utterly contemptible opportunist with a ridiculous sense of entitlement who, as Prime Minister, would take this country over a cliff. He's not even a Tory: when has a Tory said '**** business?' He's far more dangerous than that.

This 'Boris' nonsense is one of his most powerful weapons. It detoxifies him. He's not Billy Bunter, he's certainly not the Messiah, and he is most certainly not a very naughty boy. He is a thoroughly evil man.

And his name is JOHNSON.

Does this mean we call you Stockbroker, or even your double barrelled version The-Stockbroker.

Agree totally on the message, I’m as alarmed by the cuddlification of Johnson into ‘Boris’ as I am by Corbyn into ‘Jeremy’ by the other set of sycophants and goons.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Ive noticed a lot of anti Corbyn stuff on social media and forums lately. Remarkable for somebody who has never been in any position of real power. He must terrify the **** out of some people.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Good old BORIS.He's got the Euroluvvies and Nanny groupies absolutely bricking it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've seen this a few times now. I think it's true to say that London as a whole is slightly left of centre but not firmly so. The GLC was in operation for 22 years - split equally between Labour and the Tories. The mayoralty has been in place for 17 years and has been Labour for five (or nine if you count Ken Livingstone's first stint as Labour) and Tory for eight.

Johnson was lucky in his opponent too. He won the first time when Labour had been in government for 11 years and was running out of steam and was against Livingstone who had been mayor for eight years and was also looking like a has-been.

Amazingly, Livingstone was chosen again in 2012 - despite controversy about his tax affairs. Various members of his own party wouldn't canvass for him or even vote for him, so Johnson had a pretty straight run.

Yes, Johnson had to do well to win in a city that was more left than the rest of the country but it wasn't such a mind-blowingly difficult thing to do as his supporters are making out

In case you are in any doubt, I am not genuflecting to the electoral skills of Boris as a supporter, I am simply mindful of his electoral success when any remotely sane person wouldn't give the shameless fraud a second look. He is certainly lucky since, having bottled standing as leader last time, he should not by rights have a single supporter now. It seems that at a time when no sensible candidate has any clue how to resolve Brexit, a majority of tory MPs have opted to go for the one candidate who clearly doesn't really give a shit but who just might hypnotize allcomers like a shaman hypnotizing chickens, and win the day.

Incidentally, you may recall that in Douglas Adams' books, Zaphod Beeblebrox was a fair haired man. Another thing he has in common with Boris, along with the brass neck.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Good old BORIS.He's got the Euroluvvies and Nanny groupies absolutely bricking it.

Bricking it? :lol:

Preparing for a good laugh I think you will find. If BJ (his initials the only good thing about him) is your saviour, to propel you to the sunlit uplands, its going to be hilarious.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bricking it? :lol:

Preparing for a good laugh I think you will find. If BJ (his initials the only good thing about him) is your saviour, to propel you to the sunlit uplands, its going to be hilarious.

I am bricking it. With Boris as leader there becomes a very real chance that Corbyn will become the next but one PM. The only way of getting rid of Corbyn is for a sensible person to become Tory leader, accept that Brexit has failed (if a deal cannot be had) and win a general election, paving the way for the labour party to wake up, smeel the coffy and the stench of perpetual failure, and elect someone sensible of their own as their leader.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
First the leavers want to 'give it' to the political elite....then support an Eton educated Tory whose first promise is tax cuts for people earning 50-80k :lol: You couldnt make it up.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes, that's a fair point. But there was a sense that he was a bit of an underdog, Cheeky Ken, having a go against the establishment - he didn't have that in 2012

That's certainly true. It turned into one of those mid-term by-election or local election nights where almost regardless of what party you are talking about, the electorate has decided they are going to give the Government a bloody nose, because they've become a bit too sure of themselves.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I am bricking it. With Boris as leader there becomes a very real chance that Corbyn will become the next but one PM. The only way of getting rid of Corbyn is for a sensible person to become Tory leader, accept that Brexit has failed (if a deal cannot be had) and win a general election, paving the way for the labour party to wake up, smeel the coffy and the stench of perpetual failure, and elect someone sensible of their own as their leader.

Sorry, but the 'will of the people' is to **** up the country. What can you do.
Ive protected myself from it, so sorry if I seem a bit flippant about it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I seem to recall that Churchill was derided in the inter-war years, ridiculed as a drunkard, son of a lothario and author of the Gallipoli disaster. Boris is clearly modelling himself on Winston (his biography on him is superb) and I think he truly sees himself as the saviour of the UK in the face of a Europe dominated by Germany.

I agree with his assessment that the EU is headed for collapse with Italy and Spain teetering on another banking crisis and Germany increasingly turning to nationalism and unwilling to bail them out yet again.

I’m sure Bojo is not as idiotic as he seems. I’m certain he is a messianic character...perhaps he’ll surprise us. I doubt it, but we’re about to find out, it seems.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I think Rory Stewart could beat Corbyn tomorrow, but I don't give him any chance with the Tory dinosaur membership.

You win elections in the centre not with left or right loons

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope Boris Johnson does win just because it would be tremendous if he'd been desperate to be Prime Minister basically his entire life and it lasts about two days as there's an immediate vote of confidence in him and the Tory Remainers oust him.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think Rory Stewart could beat Corbyn tomorrow, but I don't give him any chance with the Tory dinosaur membership.

I've got this sort of downy hair developing on my chest -- is that normal? Also, I get so lonely and confused. I've written a poem about it; maybe you'll understand. "Why do nice girls hate me? Why--

1.png

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I hope Boris Johnson does win just because it would be tremendous if he'd been desperate to be Prime Minister basically his entire life and it lasts about two days as there's an immediate vote of confidence in him and the Tory Remainers oust him.

The strategy of giving him a haircut, saying nothing and giving from a bung to the Tory party membership may well work. That democracy for you....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here