• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd get behind her and give her my backing

But then you haven't been elected to represent the public in Parliament at this time (one presumes).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Once the public debates start, he will wipe the floor with Boris. Fingers crossed that a huge upset could be on the cards.

Johnson has said that he won't do any public debates - that would entail mastering some detail. He's the one candidate who doesn't want them

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The people choosing our next PM are:
97% white British
70% male
40% aged 65 or higher
86% ABC1 (middle class, white collar)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll stand by what I said last week, a win for Johnson will see Corbyn in Number 10 by Christmas
It could happen, but I'll never vote for either party - perhaps ever again.

When we're out of the EU, the Lib Dems will find it far easier than ever before to galvanise support on a ticket of getting us back in as quickly as possible and campaigning on proportional representation by pointing at the two useless big parties as proof that FPTP doesn't work anymore.

If there is a GE any time soon, I suspect both the Tories and Labour will be utterly decimated, the Lib Dems will get more or less as many seats as either of them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It could happen, but I'll never vote for either party - perhaps ever again.

When we're out of the EU, the Lib Dems will find it far easier than ever before to galvanise support on a ticket of getting us back in as quickly as possible and campaigning on proportional representation by pointing at the two useless big parties as proof that FPTP doesn't work anymore.

If there is a GE any time soon, I suspect both the Tories and Labour will be utterly decimated, the Lib Dems will get more or less as many seats as either of them.

Nah, it will stick with the usual status quo, probably a hung parliament again but I really can't ever see the Lib-Dems having more than either Tory or Labour MP's.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Very, very unlikely. In the opinion poll of a couple of weeks ago, they finished top in terms of popular vote but second in seats. They'd need to get about 40% of the vote to make any headway in the number of seats and they're not going to do that.

In fact, if the BP poll strongly, Labour could get under 20% of the vote and still be the party with the most seats

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The people choosing our next PM are:
97% white British
70% male
40% aged 65 or higher
86% ABC1 (middle class, white collar)

Anybody and everybody has the opportunity to join the Conservative Party. It is £2 a month, so hardly an exclusive club.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just need Boris to reach out to Nigel for a General Election tactical vote,the the opposition of any shade will be wiped out.Privatise the BBC,decimate the House of Lords,massive v-sign to the racist EU,home in time for tiffin,huzzah!:thumbsup:Job's a good'un.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very, very unlikely. In the opinion poll of a couple of weeks ago, they finished top in terms of popular vote but second in seats. They'd need to get about 40% of the vote to make any headway in the number of seats and they're not going to do that.

In fact, if the BP poll strongly, Labour could get under 20% of the vote and still be the party with the most seats

Nah, it will stick with the usual status quo, probably a hung parliament again but I really can't ever see the Lib-Dems having more than either Tory or Labour MP's.

OK, maybe a touch unlikely - but if remain people are even more fed up than they are now, I really wouldn't rule it out. The Liberal party were a strong force a century ago, and all the ingredients are there for them to return to that force of old - incompetent alternatives and a very clear home for voters who believe in the EU and are fed up with FPTP.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
OK, maybe a touch unlikely - but if remain people are even more fed up than they are now, I really wouldn't rule it out. The Liberal party were a strong force a century ago, and all the ingredients are there for them to return to that force of old - incompetent alternatives and a very clear home for voters who believe in the EU and are fed up with FPTP.

The Establishment Press will rip the Lib-Dems apart like they do with the Labour Party, the more things change, the more they stay the same !

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
bj.JPG

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hard to see past BoJo. He is the man.

Despite being the biggest political liability on the planet. Says a great deal about tory MPs. Bunch of idiots.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister of the UK. **** me that's depressing.

But foreign currency now.

Take that yanks - we'll see your Donald Trump and raise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here