Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If your running a large business and your second biggest customer is threatening to walk you give them the best deal possible. You certainly don't tell them like it or lump it. This is the problem with the EU, we are just a cash cow. They respect nobody, they have become to powerful and just think they can treat countries like shit. We need to leave.

A business would hardly be inclined to try and give you a good deal if you tell them you are leaving no matter what they do, that you may not pay money owed, that they have been ripping you off then one of your reps stands up in front of them all and personally insults them. There’s not many businesses that would still say they want you to stay and then give you extended time to go and find business elsewhere.
Most companies would have simply told you to **** off a long time ago.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No. no, no... a second referendum? NO! The first was clear, yes or no, it was the highest poll of people in the history of voting. The NO to the EU won, why would we need another one to appease the remainers? Why? This was a DEMOCRATIC vote, we asked to leave. What the **** is wrong with you people that cannot accept a democratic vote? This wasn't done in the commons or the lords, this was done by people on the ground, the people that really matter, us lot. Stick your second vote where the sun don't shine.

But that is where you are wrong. The first referendum clearly stated that we should stay in the EU!! The second referendum was a joke with the likes of Aaron Banks and his lapdog breaking the rules. If it had been a binding vote the electoral commission would have nullified it due to the rule breaches. Secondly, at no time do I recall the main protagonists in the leave camp seeking a no deal brexit and talking about default WTO terms. It was all Canada ++, Norway + etc etc. As regards a third referendum, we all know why Brexiteers don't want on and that is because they believe they will lose. There is no doubt that the majority of people are clearly more aware of the implications, good or bad about leaving.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But that is where you are wrong. The first referendum clearly stated that we should stay in the EU!! The second referendum was a joke with the likes of Aaron Banks and his lapdog breaking the rules. If it had been a binding vote the electoral commission would have nullified it due to the rule breaches. Secondly, at no time do I recall the main protagonists in the leave camp seeking a no deal brexit and talking about default WTO terms. It was all Canada ++, Norway + etc etc. As regards a third referendum, we all know why Brexiteers don't want on and that is because they believe they will lose. There is no doubt that the majority of people are clearly more aware of the implications, good or bad about leaving.

And that rather sickly feeling of people being undemocratic rears its ugly head once more.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Screenshot_2019-06-17 Michael Gove on Twitter Everyone should have the right to breathe clean ai.png

Where to even start...Seriously. How stupid does this man think people are?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No. no, no... a second referendum? NO! The first was clear, yes or no, it was the highest poll of people in the history of voting. The NO to the EU won, why would we need another one to appease the remainers? Why? This was a DEMOCRATIC vote, we asked to leave. What the **** is wrong with you people that cannot accept a democratic vote? This wasn't done in the commons or the lords, this was done by people on the ground, the people that really matter, us lot. Stick your second vote where the sun don't shine.

Wrong.

More people voted (both as numbers and percentage of electorate)

it was also the lowest 'winning' referendum margin (both percentage and numbers) in history.

For interests of scale, the 1970s euro ref yes vote achieved just 32k less votes than the 2016 no vote achieved despite there being almost a 18% higher electorate

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Answer the question. Are you prepared to be ruled by the EU as a 'region'? A state answerable to Brussels.

As opposed to a State being ruled by 130,000 or so unelected Tory Party Members?

The irony of Brexit supporters bleating on about National Implications because of (elected) unelected officials in Europe allowing 130,000 unelected, elitist Tory Party members to decide the future of this country! You really couldn't make it up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Democracy means people should have the chance to change their minds.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Of course it does and they know it, we should feel lucky that when something so important has gone so wrong that we are given another chance with the opportunity to still say out if you want to.
All this democracy and best of 3 etc etc is all total bollox and is the only thing the thickos have got left to cling on to.
I still think that the result would be out though due to sheer bloody stubbornness.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
As opposed to a State being ruled by 130,000 or so unelected Tory Party Members?

The irony of Brexit supporters bleating on about National Implications because of (elected) unelected officials in Europe allowing 130,000 unelected, elitist Tory Party members to decide the future of this country! You really couldn't make it up.

Nail on head. Our system is incredibly undemocratic. Anyone complaining about issues within the EU needs to look much closer to home first.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Incredible. Unbelievable. Can we do this at a General Election when my party don't get voted in? I demand a second vote so that I can win!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Johnson fails to turn up now to the lobby journalists hustings, absolutely pathetic excuse of a man

No chance of putting his foot in it then, the lesser of two evils.

Scarey that this man is probably our next PM

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Incredible. Unbelievable. Can we do this at a General Election when my party don't get voted in? I demand a second vote so that I can win!

You do realise that General Elections are repeated every 2-5 years, right?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's being widely reported that Rory Stewart has, er, ROARED into second favouritism behind BoJo in the Tory leadership stakes, following his impressive performance in the debate last night, and also his equally impressive recent interviews. Maybe the anti-BoJo brigade might just rally behind RS to pull off a major surprise.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It's being widely reported that Rory Stewart has, er, ROARED into second favouritism behind BoJo in the Tory leadership stakes, following his impressive performance in the debate last night, and also his equally impressive recent interviews. Maybe the anti-BoJo brigade might just rally behind RS to pull off a major surprise.

I hope Stewart gets enough MPs to back him in the next vote, as I really want him to take on Johnson at the BBC debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here