• No

Votes: 257 71.0%
  • Who's Theresa May?

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well I think we have something that finally unites the country, remainers and leavers alike.

Let's hope a 'No dealer' gets the job as PM :laugh:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
She had to go. I hate seeing anyone, especially a woman for some reason, genuinely upset but I think she was just crying for herself. I do feel a little sympathy for her, but then I even felt a strange kind of sympathy for Saddam Hussein when he was pulled from the ground. (I nearly put 'pulled from the hole' but realised that wouldn't be a good idea on here.)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I've no sympathy with anyone in our political system. It's broken and it needs fixing irrespective of what happens with Brexit.

This is where I am. I have no idea whether Brexit would be good or bad for this country in the long term, but what I am practically certain of, is that the people making the decisions are IMBECILES* of the highest order, and therefore the only possible outcome is a shit deal for everyone.

*I appreciate there are some very bright individuals in the political system, however, the vast majority are in some demented party-based fight. I reckon the average politician sets their targets as follows;

1. Personal enrichment, regardless of the long term impact on society/other humans
2. Career progression, regardless of the impact to colleagues, policy and ultimately society/other humans
3. Pet policies/projects being approved, regardless of the long term impact on society/other humans
17. Visiting other countries, at taxpayer expense, regardless of the need
23. Lunch meetings and booze, at taxpayer expense, regardless of the need
793. Positive societal change, improving the lives of the people

PM me if you want the full list

larus

I tend to be a Tory voter, but I've never liked her, even from her days as Home Secretary.

Everything that I've read about her confirms her to be someone totally unfit for politics and leadership. She's constantly lied and, although she makes out "she's a difficult woman", the people she needed to be difficult with (the EU), she rolled over as to her, Brexit was always a damage limitation exercise, so she never negotiated, only capitulated.

I know remainers won't agree, but we will see a very different approach going forward. Expect to see No Deal preparations ramped up and an attempt to negotiate a new deal, or a FTA. What we don't need is a treaty which makes us a territory of the EU, which is what the WA was.

Hope I never see her face on TV again - I despise her.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The reality is that Brexit is the single most divisive issue in the history of British politics. The country is divided now more than it's ever been, and everybody is so entrenched in their respective opinions that the total gridlock in Westminster can't be broken. I feel sorry for May based purely on having to deal with Brexit, it's been a total shitshow from the start and she's had to try and deliver something she doesn't fully believe in. Which has shown. But she's had less than zero support, people with their own selfish agendas looking after themselves first and with no regard to how it impacts the country. She's been hopelessly alone and to a certain extent, it's been her own fault. Not totally though, in my opinion - other people in the government/her party need to have a look at themselves and think about their own performance and behaviour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the moment I usually do.

She is Hal, only her birthmark is on her back and has countless knives sticking out of it:-

tumblr_lph0u1p8bi1qfvq9bo1_1280.jpg

Then I remember the fact she painted the birthmark on herself and did nothing to cover it up.
At that point feeling sorry for Terry quickly passes.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yes. She tried her best to do the right thing and deliver on the democratic mandate of the referendum, even though she herself was a remainer; she, unlike the rest of the stop Brexit crew, knew her duty to the electorate who voted to leave. That she failed was due to the vast majority of remainers in Westminster, who, having decided they didn't like referendums after all, at least not when they lost, were scrambling hand over fist to thwart or hinder her at every stage.

The stop Brexit crew?

Is that the new name for the ERG?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, she has been absolutely shit.

Sure she was dealt a bad hand, but she played that bad hand TERRIBLY.

Really bad mistakes weren't they, especially the sound bites...

The early "no deal is better than a bad deal" set herself up nicely for the "it's either my deal or a disastrous no deal"...but hang on you told us...

Her only compromises were toward people unprepared to compromise, groups of her own MPs. She set out for a Brexit that following the 2017 election result could never be delivered.

However, Brexit has claimed 2 PMs now, and they won't be the last I wager...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This poll will only go one way on a left of centre forum as NSC is.

Feel sorry that she has nothing in her life apart from politics and a husband that looks like Wallace and she lands her dream job and misses her main goal.
I fear she may just have a major breakdown, the pressure on her shoulders was incredible.

Leadsom for me as it was originally.

I'm not sure the left of centre remark is correct. I'm certainly on the right of centre and I have no sympathy for her. Because :

a) She stood to be leader / PM AFTER the referendum - nobody forced her
b) She has lied time and time again
c) She surrounded herself with some pretty devious 'advisors'
d) She didn't give a toss when Home Sec
e) She shows no empathy with people ( Grenfell is a good example )
f) Universal Credit is a disaster - I work at a food bank and see the results
g) She still supports that useless w@anker Failing Grayling
h) She called an election, despite saying she wouldn't, because she saw the opportunity to increase the Tory majority, not for the good of the country
i) She negociated a crap deal with the EU
j) She can't dance but clearly thinks she can
k) She has zero personality - like a robot
l) She PROMISED we would leave the UK on the 29th March ..... and we didn't
m) She said a 'no deal' was better than a bad deal yet got a bad deal and stopped a no deal
n) She has a husband who is profiteering from the Brexit shambles
o) She's decimated the NHS
p) She crys to get sympathy .... great world leader not !
q) Windrush
r) Racist Home Office vans driving around
s) Schools being deprived for essential funds
t) Councils not having enough money to provide essential services
u) The DWP being a complete and utter shit w@ank government department
v) Inviting Trump for a state visit
w) Being more interested in clothes than the poor
x) Overseeing a rise in food banks
z) Wearing shit clothes

There you go, the whole alphabet !

Last edited:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The reality is that Brexit is the single most divisive issue in the history of British politics. The country is divided now more than it's ever been, and everybody is so entrenched in their respective opinions that the total gridlock in Westminster can't be broken. I feel sorry for May based purely on having to deal with Brexit, it's been a total shitshow from the start and she's had to try and deliver something she doesn't fully believe in. Which has shown. But she's had less than zero support, people with their own selfish agendas looking after themselves first and with no regard to how it impacts the country. She's been hopelessly alone and to a certain extent, it's been her own fault. Not totally though, in my opinion - other people in the government/her party need to have a look at themselves and think about their own performance and behaviour.

She's also had to deliver something that only around a third of the country voted for. In hindsight, a second referendum with compulsory voting should've occurred because the issue was just too divisive and too many were too ignorant on too many of the issues (and that includes people from both sides). Had she done that properly and allowed people to have access to real information rather than the agenda driven drivel that most took as their opinion, maybe this division wouldn't still be here, no matter what the outcome was. She's also led us into a situation where there's absolutely no faith in our own politicians or our own system to deliver what we vote for.

In reality, I don't see how our country recovers short of total political reform of our own system that gives power back to the people.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I just hope Resign means Resign

Never had any dignity should have gone after the record Commons defeat but it has been clear for ages that she wanted to be remembered for being the PM that delivered Brexit but effectively refused to listen tor reach out to anyone.

The worst Tory PM since the next one

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
thats not quite right, they each know they couldnt win as they split their own support. Gove was massively tainted as a back stabber, even though probably for good reason when realised Boris isnt up to the job.

(watch out for a soft brexit Gove coming up on the rails...)

I think at the time, Gove or Johnson would have got if they'd gone for it. Brexit had just been voted for in the referendum and with Cameron stepping down there was a real void in terms of charismatic leaders who actually put themselves forward. With the right of the party celebrating, Gove or Johnson who campaigned for Brexit, could easily have won a leadership contest but I think they knew what a mess it was going to be. Everyone could see what a mess it was going to be, whether you wanted brexit or not it was obvious that who ever had the job of sorting it out was going to be in the crosshairs of just about everyone. When May put herself forward, it just reeked of desperation and stupidity.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

This!
Cameron was to blame for this mess.
With a 52%/48% split what else would there be but a divided country?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
She didn't promote regime change, war monger or meddle in the Middle East. The best PM in decades and when it came to standing forward to take the job, all her colleagues stepped back like a bunch of cowards.

It clearly meant a lot to her and I have some empathy, but I don't feel anything. Her being upset only reminds us that she is only human.

All her colleagues didn't step back though. I keep hearing this and don't understand it. Stephen Crabb (that's not a dig at Dale), Liam Fox, Andrea Leadsom and Michael Gove all stood to be leader along with May, so that's five of them that were willing to take it on.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Cant see me ever feeling sorry for a politician but am one of few that can say she went up in my estimation as process went on. I was a remainer but facts are there was a vote for out. However once MPs decided they had to agree to everything before leaving there are so many different opinions there, so impossible to get a majority.
Have already heard one MP say we need a Brexiteer as next PM and another saying must have a remainer so here we go again. Although Brexit was not a political issue In the background Corbyne will continue to not cooperate but just say we want an election.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1131880544038526976[/TWEET]

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I voted yes.

Whilst I agree she played her hand poorly, I think she is a sincere politician who tried her best to get the deal through. To my mind her fatal error was reverting back to party politics when Brexit had been a free vote, it gave Labour a free run at criticising everything she did.

However, when you have to deal with self interested clowns in your own party whose main interest is forwarding their own agendas I'm not sure she had much chance.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No sympathy, I will post a more expansive explanation of why after I finish work and get Mrs V to the doctors and back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here