Votes: 257 71.0%
  • Who's Theresa May?

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think she was dealt a bad hand. She was an opportunist who was stupid enough to take over as leader when everyone knew it was an impossible job. I can't stand Gove or Johnson but even they stepped away after Cameron left because they knew whoever took it was going down in history as the PM who messed it all up. I think she brought it all on herself.

Actually maybe you're right. She was certainly an opportunist but her biggest mistake in my view was to call a snap election and THEN not to bother campaigning, relying on "if you don't vote for us, you'll get that nasty Jeremy Corbyn". Well for all their faults, Labour DID run a campaign worthy of the name and made massive inroads into the Conservative majority. Then what? The Tories saw fit to get into bed with one side of the Northern Irish divide. That should always be an absolute no-no, yet they carried on purely out of self-interest.

These are problems that the Tory party and Theresa May created.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Regardless of Brexit, her record at the Home Office, the Windrush scandal, treatment of foreigners (queue jumpers), and especially Grenfell Tower, means that I think she has been a dreadful politician, let alone a prime minister.

Add to that refusing the nurses more money (no money tree) but spending millions on No Deal preparations, depriving schools of money, Universal Credit et etc.

D

Deleted member 2719

This poll will only go one way on a left of centre forum as NSC is.

Feel sorry that she has nothing in her life apart from politics and a husband that looks like Wallace and she lands her dream job and misses her main goal.
I fear she may just have a major breakdown, the pressure on her shoulders was incredible.

Leadsom for me as it was originally.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I do. Yes, she chose to take it on, but I'm not sure any of us can really appreciate the pressure and strain that, not only running the country, but also dealing with Brexit can put on someone.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
She was the worst PM since Eden and possibly since North.

Additionally how can anyone for sorry for someone who says this in an interview, I do not know.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There is a small hope that a sufficient number of tories see Boris for what he is to stop this happening. Unfortunately I suspect there are many who feel that we can go back to the EU and get a better deal if only we have the right man doing the negociations. A charismatic man. A man who speaks Latin and knows how to *decline cunnilingus. A blond man of ambition.

(shaking head, sadly)

cunnilingus
cunnilinge
cunnilingum
cunnilingi
cunnilingo
cunnilingo

cunnilingi
cunnilingi
cunnilingos
cunnilingorum
cunnilingis
cunnilingis

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

*spits out coffee*

Yoda

English & European

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
This poll will only go one way on a left of centre forum as NSC is.

Feel sorry that she has nothing in her life apart from politics and a husband that looks like Wallace and she lands her dream job and misses her main goal.
I fear she may just have a major breakdown, the pressure on her shoulders was incredible.

Leadsom for me as it was originally.

Be very very happy that there is no version of Trump in the UK.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I do. Yes, she chose to take it on, but I'm not sure any of us can really appreciate the pressure and strain that, not only running the country, but also dealing with Brexit can put on someone.

Did Windrush, Grenfell and the terrible decision to call a needless snap election and not bother campaigning all just pass you by?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

That would need a ruthless, chubby right wing populist with a terrible thatch of blonde hair and the instinct to make things up as they go along.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Feel sorry? Are you ****ing kidding?

A woman who shed no tears for windfall, who illegally deported citizens, but starts crying when it’s all about her.

Good riddance, bitch.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
She knew what she was getting into.

Most MPs (and certainly frontbenchers until they had to scrape the Brexiteer barrel following all the resignations) understood what the Brexit options were from day 1 and knew they were undeliverable in the form that was 'sold' at the referendum and it was a hiding to nothing.

However, her ambition to be PM overrode her common sense and, for that reason it's a No from me.

And the same for whoever lets ambition override common sense and follows her. And I really do hope it's a 'No deal' Brexiteer, because 'no deal' won't happen and I'd lover to hear their excuses :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
She didn't promote regime change, war monger or meddle in the Middle East. The best PM in decades and when it came to standing forward to take the job, all her colleagues stepped back like a bunch of cowards.

It clearly meant a lot to her and I have some empathy, but I don't feel anything. Her being upset only reminds us that she is only human.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I would suggest both the "Honourable" Member for Hillingdon and the leader of the Brexit Party indicate that's not the case.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Only on the basis that every time she turned her back, she had another knife driven into it. People can say she played her hand badly, but that's completely ignoring that if she tried to appease the Hard Brexiteers, she was stabbed in the back from the remainers/soft-brexiteers and when she tried to appease the remainers/soft-brexiteers, she was stabbed in the back from the hard brexiteers. Difficult to play your hand when you're bleeding profusely and unable to discipline your cabinet because of how divisive the situation is.

No one was going to do a good job when you had the likes of Boris and David Davis involved. One shouldn't question May but more how these hardline brexiteers who had led this country to brexit, did absolutely nothing whilst in government and when they resigned, did nothing to advance the brexit cause. Boris, being the most blatant self-interested **** is now scarily the favourite to be our next Prime Minister.

The man who toasted May at Chequers applauding the Chequers Deal, then rushed to resign when he was fearful of David Davis mounting a leadership challenge.

May should just be forgotten, but the rest of the self-interested ******** in that House should not be forgotten for who they really are.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes. She tried her best to do the right thing and deliver on the democratic mandate of the referendum, even though she herself was a remainer; she, unlike the rest of the stop Brexit crew, knew her duty to the electorate who voted to leave. That she failed was due to the vast majority of remainers in Westminster, who, having decided they didn't like referendums after all, at least not when they lost, were scrambling hand over fist to thwart or hinder her at every stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here