Votes: 101 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 257 71.0%
  • Who's Theresa May?

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
She is Hal, only her birthmark is on her back and has countless knives sticking out of it:-
Then I remember the fact she painted the birthmark on herself and did nothing to cover it up.
At that point feeling sorry for Terry quickly passes.

Love that, reminds me of ‘Ted’...
8DFF358A-79E6-4A0E-84E0-EE0A29CD3528.jpeg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Regardless of Brexit, her record at the Home Office, the Windrush scandal, treatment of foreigners (queue jumpers), and especially Grenfell Tower, means that I think she has been a dreadful politician, let alone a prime minister.

Add to that refusing the nurses more money (no money tree) but spending millions on No Deal preparations, depriving schools of money, Universal Credit et etc.
Absolutely, people focusing on her time as PM (for obvious reasons) but she was terrible before that and I cannot summon up any sympathy for her in the slightest.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I feel sorry for her to the same extent that she has shown sympathy for:

-low income families
-people with disabilities
-the homeless
-all public sector workers
-victims of the windrush scandal
-Grenfell survivors

read into that what you will

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yes. She tried her best to do the right thing and deliver on the democratic mandate of the referendum, even though she herself was a remainer; she, unlike the rest of the stop Brexit crew, knew her duty to the electorate who voted to leave. That she failed was due to the vast majority of remainers in Westminster, who, having decided they didn't like referendums after all, at least not when they lost, were scrambling hand over fist to thwart or hinder her at every stage.
Surely she failed because she couldn't convince leavers in her own party to vote for her deal?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Party hack with an obsession with immigration. She prioritised keeping the party together over the interests of the country, probably couldn't tell the difference. She knew what she was taking on and her total unwillingness to be honest with the electorate about the difficult choices to be made when deciding how to implement Brexit is one of the main reasons we have made no progress in 3 years.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
All her colleagues didn't step back though. I keep hearing this and don't understand it. Stephen Crabb (that's not a dig at Dale), Liam Fox, Andrea Leadsom and Michael Gove all stood to be leader along with May, so that's five of them that were willing to take it on.

Gove was a Brexiter and was favourite, and he stepped out of the race before it had even begun, then Boris a Brexiter withdrew, David Davies a pro Brexiter also ran, in the straight out of the building sense.

Are any of the names you mention Brexiters?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1131902729981501441[/TWEET]

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Brexit was a poisoned chalice because in reality only about one third of the country voted to leave. The 52% only represents the people who could be bothered to vote. Anyone who didn't vote were happy with the status quo, if they weren't they would have voted Brexit.

This 52% "democratic" win to leave is not the reality and 2/3rds of Parliament don't want a hard Brexit if any Brexit at all. Good luck to the next PM, I'm not a fan of Boris but we will get the best laugh out of him so I am looking forward to the next series of Idiots Play Politics.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No I don’t feel sorry for her, she was a mug for taking the job in the first place , my only regret is that Labour didn’t win the last election as if they had that **** Corbyn would be the one neck deep in shit...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There is a small hope that a sufficient number of tories see Boris for what he is to stop this happening. Unfortunately I suspect there are many who feel that we can go back to the EU and get a better deal if only we have the right man doing the negociations. A charismatic man. A man who speaks Latin and knows how to *decline cunnilingus. A blond man of ambition.

(shaking head, sadly)

cunnilingus
cunnilinge
cunnilingum
cunnilingi
cunnilingo
cunnilingo

cunnilingi
cunnilingi
cunnilingos
cunnilingorum
cunnilingis
cunnilingis

In other words, a cunning *******!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure the left of centre remark is correct. I'm certainly on the right of centre and I have no sympathy for her. Because :

f) Universal Credit is a disaster - I work at a food bank and see the results
This is an excellent point (my wife works at that coalface too), but I think that is more to do with that tosser, IDS. Not that she has done anything to resolve the mess of course. In fact, that is another thing that ought to get everyone angry. Because of the Brexit mess, the Conservatives haven't really been held to account for this particular shit show or anything else.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The title of the thread is, 'Do you feel sorry for Theresa May?'

I may be being pedantic here, I don't feel sorry for her, but I do feel some sympathy.
It was always going to be a tough gig trying to deliver Brexit, whoever was PM.
She was not PM material, and unfortunately for her, when the General Election went pear-shaped, her time in office was only going to get harder.
Politics is more ruthless and more important than football management,(note to some on here!) and for those who achieve high office, they are aware that there is a good chance it will end badly.Even in the good times, at least half the country will think you are no good.
As a Tory voter, I just hope that Johnson gets nowhere near PM. The man is a scoundrel.
Nightmare scenario........Boris v Magic Marxist Grandpa at the next election!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No, she has been absolutely shit.

Sure she was dealt a bad hand, but she played that bad hand TERRIBLY.

It's been a complete shambles from the moment the votes were counted, she hasn't been interested in a hard brexit and has muddied the water at every stage pinning the blame on everyone else. I think she has been awful as a PM as during her reign she has failed to do anything of note for the country that will help improve society for many people except the rich.

The worst PM in my lifetime

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I see she's hanging around for Trump's visit. One last chance to redeem herself? She's got nothing to lose, so she might as well turn up pissed as a fart and start hurling insults (and maybe milkshakes) at him.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There is a small hope that a sufficient number of tories see Boris for what he is to stop this happening. Unfortunately I suspect there are many who feel that we can go back to the EU and get a better deal if only we have the right man doing the negociations. A charismatic man. A man who speaks Latin and knows how to *decline cunnilingus. A blond man of ambition.

(shaking head, sadly)

cunnilingus
cunnilinge
cunnilingum
cunnilingi
cunnilingo
cunnilingo

cunnilingi
cunnilingi
cunnilingos
cunnilingorum
cunnilingis
cunnilingis

Harry, wash your mouth out! :ohmy:

Or perhaps not, depending on how fit and clean her CLUNGE is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here