• Who's Theresa May?

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's not paraphrasing Einstein. He never said the 'definition of insanity' quote.

Far too strong to say he never said it. There is simply no proof he did. My guess is this is a bit like Hanratty, who everyone believed he had definitely been fitted up for the A6 murder, this being one of the main tropes used in the debate to abolish capital punishment.

Anyway, it is a good and apt quote in these circumstances, I'm sure you'd agree. :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nope. Terrible at her job. Leaving your job in a whimper of fake tears after citing a few questionable achievements and blaming everyone else for the Brexit **** up is about the least dignified exit one could make.
Plus, never feel sorry for a millionaire.
Ghastly woman.

Yesterday my partner said she could not face going back to her school in Brighton, The last 10 days have brought to a head nearly two years of increasing stress and anxiety, its not unknown for my alarm to go off at 06.10 am to find the bed empty and her downstairs already working on her laptop. 10 or 11 hour days are frequent, holidays a time to work to catch up on paperwork or reports. She loves the kids but the procedures and expectations of the Head are increasingly harder to maintain due to the lack of support staff and resources and equipment.

Last week a confidential school update pushed in to her pigeonhole stated the need to cut copying costs ( again) turn off lights and wear more layers of clothing in Autumn and Spring as they have to cut back on heating the school, the final line said that their school budget was set to reduce again in the next educational year and that sadly, there would be more job cuts. Anyone who wished to reduce their hours or quit should see the Head at the earliest opportunity...…. The Head has assessed my partner's teaching performance and decided she needs to do a 6-8 week " Capability Assessment " in order to be boosted to the required level, this involves weekly or fortnightly observations of her lessons plus reams of " feedback " which will be sufficiently vague and interpretational enough to find areas that will prove she is not doing her job.

When Mrs May regularly said at PMQ's that her government were investing more money than ever before in to education I always laughed as I hear the real story of sackings and lack of funding and even a shortage of glue sticks !

Today she listed a number of achievements of which she is proud, one of them was" Increased funding for mental health services in the NHS " . This evening the doctor signed Mrs V off work for six weeks minimum with work related stress. Thanks Mrs May, mind you, investing in schools may have saved the NHS money.

We are well rid of someone who wanted a " society that worked for everyone " and to tackle " Burning Injustices " but then actively pursued policies that had the opposite effect.

I still recall the election meeting where Mrs May was asked what she thought about a working Nurse having to go to foodbanks …." There are many reasons why people might want to access food banks "

Good riddance !

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Gove, Leadsom and Fox were all Brexiteers as far as I know. You never mentioned Brexiteers in the post I replied to, so I'm not sure what you are on about. Very boring, so whatever point you are trying to make, I'll leave you to it.

Gove took himself out of the race as far as I remember even though he was favourite. Which is my point. Gove, David Davis, and Boris bottled it so May won by default or lack of competition.

And did Leadsom and Fox even enter the race?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No sympathy for May. She’s always struck me as someone who lacks any sort of empathy or compassion, why would anyone give her any?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yesterday my partner said she could not face going back to her school in Brighton, The last 10 days have brought to a head nearly two years of increasing stress and anxiety, its not unknown for my alarm to go off at 06.10 am to find the bed empty and her downstairs already working on her laptop. 10 or 11 hour days are frequent, holidays a time to work to catch up on paperwork or reports. She loves the kids but the procedures and expectations of the Head are increasingly harder to maintain due to the lack of support staff and resources and equipment.

Last week a confidential school update pushed in to her pigeonhole stated the need to cut copying costs ( again) turn off lights and wear more layers of clothing in Autumn and Spring as they have to cut back on heating the school, the final line said that their school budget was set to reduce again in the next educational year and that sadly, there would be more job cuts. Anyone who wished to reduce their hours or quit should see the Head at the earliest opportunity...…. The Head has assessed my partner's teaching performance and decided she needs to do a 6-8 week " Capability Assessment " in order to be boosted to the required level, this involves weekly or fortnightly observations of her lessons plus reams of " feedback " which will be sufficiently vague and interpretational enough to find areas that will prove she is not doing her job.

When Mrs May regularly said at PMQ's that her government were investing more money than ever before in to education I always laughed as I hear the real story of sackings and lack of funding and even a shortage of glue sticks !

Today she listed a number of achievements of which she is proud, one of them was" Increased funding for mental health services in the NHS " . This evening the doctor signed Mrs V off work for six weeks minimum with work related stress. Thanks Mrs May, mind you, investing in schools may have saved the NHS money.

We are well rid of someone who wanted a " society that worked for everyone " and to tackle " Burning Injustices " but then actively pursued policies that had the opposite effect.

I still recall the election meeting where Mrs May was asked what she thought about a working Nurse having to go to foodbanks …." There are many reasons why people might want to access food banks "

Good riddance !

That woman and her party have a lot to answer for. Answers that they will never be pressed to give.
All the best to Mrs.V, I hope the sign off gives her some relief from the stress.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That woman and her party have a lot to answer for. Answers that they will never be pressed to give.
All the best to Mrs.V, I hope the sign off gives her some relief from the stress.

Cheers !

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

Good riddance !

My wife and I are both teachers and sadly what you have written is all too familiar in schools now - It has been getting worse and worse under this government.
We were both in almost identical situations to your partner a couple of years ago.
I wish your partner nothing but the best.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Gove took himself out of the race as far as I remember even though he was favourite. Which is my point. Gove, David Davis, and Boris bottled it so May won by default or lack of competition.

And did Leadsom and Fox even enter the race?

Yes they did. GOODNIGHT!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Good riddance !

That is so sad to read, and much of it is close to home...

I know of many teachers who have left the profession due to the enormous levels of stress that seem to ramp up year on year. I was a full time teacher for 24 years, a length of service that I cannot imagine many of those starting out now will ever reach. I would not encourage young people to go into teaching now, as I used to, and actively encouraged my own children to avoid the profession.

I loved the job for most of that time, but at the end I was going to be destroyed by it if I hadn't got out. I disagreed with virtually every government dictat on curriculum, funding, assessment and data etc. and began to resent the fact that I had to be seen to support things that I considered fundamentally wrong. The Gove-ification of education was an absolute disaster.

I am a supply teacher now. I still get the joy of teaching and enabling the kids, but can escape the politics, mostly (my wife is still a full time teacher, and when she tells me what is going on within the SLT of her school I get the old stomach clutch). I don't earn as much as I did, but quality of life is much better. Feel free to PM me if you think that Mrs V may see this as a way forward, or if she or you would like to chat to someone who has been there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In her speech she claimed employment is at an all time high and austerity is coming to an end. Yet we have a 20% rise in families living in temporary accommodation and the highest use of food banks in recent history. The claims don’t match the facts.
Clearly something is going very wrong.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

Good riddance !
George Orwell's 1984

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Mrs May was given an impossible role to deliver Brexit. The blame I put is solely on David Cameron. An important thing to note is regardless of one's politics , it is obvious Mrs May has conducted herself with decency and morals. Even the deputy leader of the labour party grudgingly admitted this. Jeremy Corbyn has no decency and no morals . So even though I think Boris Johnson would be terrible as a PM , Corbyn would be even worse. There lies the problem.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Still trotting out 'working not for the privileged few...."

How can you sympathise with someone who tells such porkies right to the very end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here