Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Squad players likely to suit GP’s style and surprise us all

Which of these squad players could thrive under GP if given the chance?

• Schelotto

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Suttner

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Balogun

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • Burn

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • Kayal

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • Molumby

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • Sanders

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • Gyokeres

Votes: 52 50.0%
  • Towell

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Hemed

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • Another I’ve missed

Votes: 14 13.5%

• Total voters

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Which of the squad players that didn’t get much game time under CH will get a chance under Potter and could be a success this season?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Gyokeres looked quite mobile against West Brom when he got the ball. Hopeful that a full preseason training with the first team squad might push him into contention

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Soufyan Ahannach

195289b9ec6da3369f8c2a8bfa4e2edc.jpg

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2013
Downunder
It’s going to take a while to see GP and not immediately think of Gus!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
To be surprised, it would have to be someone I don't think has it in them, so the ones with the lowest votes are most likely to surprise me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This poll is very surprising. Suttner is a quality left back with a wicked delivery, but just 4 other people agree with me that he could still be a big player for us.

Gyokeres, on the other hand, is very highly rated for almost no reason at all. Interesting.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
This poll is very surprising. Suttner is a quality left back with a wicked delivery, but just 4 other people agree with me that he could still be a big player for us.

Gyokeres, on the other hand, is very highly rated for almost no reason at all. Interesting.

Suttner's name is really quite easy to say, whereas Gyokeres sounds quite odd, and has many possibilities. Therefore most people will make the link foreign / exotic name = flair

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Of all the players we were fortunate enough to see last season one that i think that will step up from the U18s into the U23s and then quite possibly a few appearances in the senior squad is Ryan Longman , most likely most have not seen him even play as yet but certainly one for the future (not to distant ) hopefully , let's be honest here our youth development squads have been pretty much redundant in regards to making the step up into the senior squad , now that may well be they're not good enough as CH seemed to think , but how does anyone know until these players are actually tried , i would imagine the youngsters at the club will see Potters appointment as a fantastic opportunity to impress and push on .

Connolly is a obvious player that has shown enough to get himself a loan move to a progressive club last season , i actually think he will again be loaned out until January then depending on his performances be recalled .

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Suttner isn’t better than Bernardo. Bernardo seems like he’ll suit Potters football down to a tee. So he won’t play.

:shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Suttner isn’t better than Bernardo. Bernardo seems like he’ll suit Potters football down to a tee. So he won’t play.

:shrug:

Suttner is better than Bong, though. And a much better crosser than Bernardo. Hopefully those two will be the first two picks at left back.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kayal from that list... just don't know enough about the youth players to comment, courtesy of Chris's 'don't give youth a chance' policy...

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Connolly and Molumby in my view must be given a chance next year. They maybe young but I don't have a problem with that. With our record recently with recruitment (baring 1 or 2 exceptions), I'd only spend on maybe 2 players this summer and push through one or two of the U23's as above. They couldn't do much worse than some of our expensive flops. Suspect that was partly the reason Potter was brought in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here