Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even though we have never met, this has upset me so much, as I adore dogs. People will sadly let you down but your dog NEVER will. Our lab is 9 and my best mate and I don't know what I will do when the day comes. I am so so sorry for you and hope that time will help you get over the undoubted loss.
    Yup, same. I can never read these threads without welling up as I remember the dear old friends I've lost, and knowing that I'll have more heartbreak in the future when my current ones (we've got three currently) leave us. Grief is the price we pay for love they say; never more true than with a dog.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      I think, as they are lesser animals, without being disingenuous towards them, that they do look at us, that feed them, more than anything, as their alpha male.
      Yes, that's exactly what they want you to think
      I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      This story is more of the feline variety than the canine, but we owned a lovely tortoisehell cat called Wimpey. He was one of a litter that our frien's cat next door gave birth to. He was really loving and gentle, then one morning two summers ago, at the grand old age of 22, l let him out of the front door as per normal, he walked down the garden path to the gate, turned round and looked at me for a few seconds . . . and he never came home.

They say that old cats go away to die when their time comes, and that is precisely what Wimpey did. Two years on, and we have another cat now, Beau, who we got from Cat Protection. As fond as l am of him, he will never be another Wimpey. Only a cat some will say, but believe me, the loss of a much loved pet moggy can affect you in just the same way that the passing of a dog can.

R. I. P. Tresco.

1 Not allowed!
      @atfc village - I hope you’re ok.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      Yup, same. I can never read these threads without welling up as I remember the dear old friends I've lost, and knowing that I'll have more heartbreak in the future when my current ones (we've got three currently) leave us. Grief is the price we pay for love they say; never more true than with a dog.
      Better to have lived life’s happy journey with the cat or dog, than not imho. The sad part at the end is a small price to pay.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Thinking of you on this sad day @atfc village

Most of us on this thread have been there and know the pain it causes. Try and remember that you are doing the right thing, hard though it is
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by atfc village View Post
      Sadly the time has come . Tresco my 15 year old Lab is being put down tomorrow. I'm in bits writing this ,i know the time is right but it doesn't make it any easier. The best money i've ever spent in my life. To those on here who know me ,if i'm not myself at Mrs A's do in Worthing Saturday night you know why . RIP old chum.
      I am so so sorry.

It is heartbreaking to lose a furry member of the family.

Just remind yourself you gave a good life to your Lab and they would have valued and appreicated being with you.
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

2 Not allowed!
      Sadly the time has come . Tresco my 15 year old Lab is being put down tomorrow. I'm in bits writing this ,i know the time is right but it doesn't make it any easier. The best money i've ever spent in my life. To those on here who know me ,if i'm not myself at Mrs A's do in Worthing Saturday night you know why . RIP old chum.
      I’m so very sorry to hear about you having to say goodbye to Tresco. All I can say is that he (she?) has had a long innings and, by the sound of it, a wonderfully happy life. Hold on to that when it gets tough.

As you can tell from my avatar I have a six year old boxer called Maisie, my pride and joy and whom I absolutely adore. If your feelings for Tresco are the same that I have for Maisie then you must be a loving, indulgent and besotted “Dad”. Stay strong and remember all those good times.
      Just a hedgehog on the motorway of life.

0 Not allowed!
      Very sorry to hear that mate - all the best at a difficult time.
      Tony Bloom's Blue and White army!
      "Selling Kayal now would be the equivalent of winning star baker every week during weeks 1-5 of Bake Off before turning up pissed on week 6, slapping Mary Berry on the arse, hurling racist insults at Paul Hollywood and offering Mel and Sue a threes up. It would be the end of our season."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      I’m so very sorry to hear about you having to say goodbye to Tresco. All I can say is that he (she?) has had a long innings and, by the sound of it, a wonderfully happy life. Hold on to that when it gets tough.

As you can tell from my avatar I have a six year old boxer called Maisie, my pride and joy and whom I absolutely adore. If your feelings for Tresco are the same that I have for Maisie then you must be a loving, indulgent and besotted “Dad”. Stay strong and remember all those good times.
      Maisie looks incredibly well looked after and a looker!!!!