Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Goodbye Old Friend

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
To all that have left comments and thumbs up I am extremely grateful (I have something in my eye as I type this) Whilst we knew this day would come it was still a shock to lose her so suddenly. Unfortunately with Retriever,Labs and German Shepherds this is a common cause of their demise, and normally you only find out they are sick after it's too late to do anything about it.
@ atfc, my apologies for hijacking the thread but its helping with my sadness.
Sorry only just seen this thread . No Problems mate .

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I think I'm going to have to go through this soon. Our Cocker Spaniel was diagnosed with Lymphoma on Christmas Eve and given one to two months on steroids. We didn't want to go down the chemo route, as he's 10, had a rough life in Romania for his first 8 years and we didn't want to put him through the stress of chemo just to give him an extra six months or so..

The first month or so on steroids were fantastic - they gave him a real energy boost and we were able to go on some lovely long walks to lots of new places. However, the last couple of weeks we can really notice him slowing down. He's still getting excited for his walks (although is really struggling to keep up and is shattered after 20 mins), still loves his cuddles but is starting to go off his food.

I think he's probably got another couple of weeks left in him before we have to make the difficult decision, so we're just going to spoil him as much as possible until then. We've only had him since May 2018 but he's become such an important part of our lives and it breaks my heart to think of him not being around.

My thoughts are with you. Just give him everything he wants. He will remember you and your family for giving him a wonderful life. They will all be there to see us again when we cross the Rainbow bridge.

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
Sadly after 6 weeks of waiting on the terminal diagnosis (3-12 months) we had to take our little Welsh Terrier into the vets this morning.
To say it was a dreaded journey is an understatement. With these terrible times we didn’t know what awaited us. Visions of dropping her off in the car park and driving away, our worst fears.
But. Big thank you to Oathall vets hh.
They found us somewhere in the building. Gave us time and treated our baby like there own.
We are devastated and heartbroken, the house is empty and no one to hug and cry with.
We went through this 3 years ago and will do it again. The love, friendship and trust our little dog gave us was worth the heartache.
RIP Olive and thank you for letting me be a part of your life

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Sadly after 6 weeks of waiting on the terminal diagnosis (3-12 months) we had to take our little Welsh Terrier into the vets this morning.
To say it was a dreaded journey is an understatement. With these terrible times we didn’t know what awaited us. Visions of dropping her off in the car park and driving away, our worst fears.
They found us somewhere in the building. Gave us time and treated our baby like there own.
We are devastated and heartbroken, the house is empty and no one to hug and cry with.
We went through this 3 years ago and will do it again. The love, friendship and trust our little dog gave us was worth the heartache.

Sad news ,you know you gave Olive a grand life.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Truly sorry for your loss [MENTION=1453]gasgull[/MENTION], Olive was lucky to have had you as her loving family.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Had dogs all my life so have been through this a few times. No easy way of doing it, but I have found that getting the vet to come to me helps a lot.
The dog doesnt have that hated vets visit, and I don't get seen blubbering as I leave the vets.
The old mut just lays on his bed, with all his toys around him. and goes to sleep.
It obviously costs but who cares.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
My thoughts are with you. Good to hear that in these difficult times, the vets made it as good as they could for you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here