Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Goodbye Old Friend

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Sadly the time has come . Tresco my 15 year old Lab is being put down tomorrow. I'm in bits writing this ,i know the time is right but it doesn't make it any easier. The best money i've ever spent in my life. To those on here who know me ,if i'm not myself at Mrs A's do in Worthing Saturday night you know why . RIP old chum.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sadly the time has come . Tresco my 15 year old Lab is being put down tomorrow. I'm in bits writing this ,i know the time is right but it doesn't make it any easier. The best money i've ever spent in my life. To those on here who know me ,if i'm not myself at Mrs A's do in Worthing Saturday night you know why . RIP old chum.

Sad news indeed, we made the decision to put down our 16 year old in January. Still think of her and miss her everyday :down:

Feel for you but it’s a day you always know is coming given the relatively short life spans, 15 years is a good innings.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Sad news indeed, we made the decision to put down our 16 year old in January. Still think of her and miss her everyday :down:

Feel for you but it’s a day you always know is coming given the relatively short life spans, 15 years is a good innings.

Cheers ,not been right for a while and the last 2 nights the bladder has not lasted the night . So the time is right ,sadly it's at 1.30 and i can't be there which makes it even more heartbreaking . No fear i will remember the good times .

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
RIP Tresco. It’s horrible when the time comes and I don’t mind admitting that I blubbed like a baby when I had our dog put down. He too was a black lab. Hope you get through it okay.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Always sad to lose a cherished pet. They are very much part of the family. Make sure you have Tresco's picture around the house. Not gone, just part of you now.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Had my 15 year old Irish Setter put down way back in 1996. Not a day goes passed without thinking of him. As you say, it doesn't help that it's the right thing to do. All the best.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very sorry to hear that. All I can say is that Tresco fell on his paws the day he met you, the best possible person to give him a wonderful and long life.

(As an animal lover myself, I know those feelings. I feel stingy eyed, thinking about your lovely dog).

All the best.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Feel for you and RIP to your best friend Tresco.
It is the right thing to do and you have no choice. Anything else and you would be doing it for you and not your dog.
Just smile when you think of him, he’ll still be there for a chat..

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis

Feel for you. Our choc lab turned 14 yesterday and every day is a godsend. Twice been close to having to have her put down due to both front legs having serious issues. Her time is close but she keeps on fighting. Remember yours with love as they know you love them. They are loyal until the end. RIP Tresco

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Feel for you and RIP to your best friend Tresco.
It is the right thing to do and you have no choice. Anything else and you would be doing it for you and not your dog.
Just smile when you think of him, he’ll still be there for a chat..
Nail on the head ,i know it's the right thing to do . The last line has just done me ,but i'm :) at it.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I was totally crocked when my pet turtle, Pollygrubb, died. She behaved so well. I never had any trouble getting her to eat which can be a problem with turtles in captivity. She actually smiled sometimes. I used to decorate her shell and make her look so pretty.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Sad to hear this news.
I have 2 Goldens and I am dreading the day this happens. Have been through this twice before and I would be lying if I said it gets easier. You have to be strong and know they will always be there with you. You never know, Tresco may come back into your life again in another canine buddy.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Feel for you my friend. Have been there and it was the hardest thing that I'd ever had to Do. Two and a half years later I still think of her every day. I said I'll never get another but I so miss the walks and company of a dog that now I am seriously thinking of getting another. You are doing the right thing, keep your chin up.

Eulogy of the dog

"Gentlemen of the jury: The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

Gentlemen of the jury: A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here