Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Zaha, Benteke and Sakho's wages are prohibitive, they're well and truly stuck with them. Townsend is a typical flaky winger, had a few good games this season (goal of the season at City) but nothing special, no better than Knocky and I wouldn't swap him for Solly.

Obi Wan-Bissaka is certainly their prize asset now, and he won't be on a kings ransom at the moment like the rest of their spongers, as they've not had to wave a vast wad of cash under his nose to tempt him to their fetid little south London griefhole. All he's ever known is that slum - I'd expect him to want to spread his wings soon, he'll want to be playing for a proper club before long.

A good source has told me the figures that Zaha and Sakho (who is on more) are on. Truly eye-watering for a club that only pulls in 26k fans every home game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A good source has told me the figures that Zaha and Sakho (who is on more) are on. Truly eye-watering for a club that only pulls in 26k fans every home game.

Pretty common knowledge in fairness, and entirely within keeping of their usual methods. CPFC2010 have always "bet the farm", pouring cash into the pockets of players and their agents. 78% of a GARGANTUAN PL turnover, aaaall spent on players wages, lumbering them with the 8th biggest wagebill in the richest league in the world. For a small unfashionable club of their standing, its only sustainable for now IF they stay in the division.

Financially they are currently by far the most ill equipped and vulnerable club in the Premier League to withstand a relegation. If they got relegated, I'd wager those two fly-by-night americans wouldn't be seen for dust, leaving that spiv Disney holding the baby, and desperately trying to find a buyer before the whole club collapses (again). They are another Bolton in waiting, food banks and all.

Its the Palace way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here