Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] PM to quit tonight

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Her resignation letter is up on the BBC website, genuinely surprised it's not written in crayon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Leadsom's resignation is a tactical move to position herself for the leadership challenge. Gawd help us.

Don't worry, I'd put her in about 14th place out of the 25 or so who are after the job. I'd be more worried about Johnson, Hunt or Raab.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hearing Chris Grayling has tried to resign and ended up sending himself to the Lord's

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The problem with modern life and the internet, is that there is a record of things people say. I think she has resigned so she can make a bid for Prime Minister.

[tweet]1131270489941454849[/tweet]

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Project Fear:

100s of thousands of jobs lost - tick, continuing apace.
Return of the Troubles - tick, still getting off the ground.
Academia and research crash - tick.
Another nail in the coffin for British industry - tick, car firms off in droves, BS collapsing into administration, etc.
Loss of household income - tick, around 4% last I saw.
An incredibly difficult prospect for UK government to deliver - tick, main parties in freefall.
Break-up of the union - tick, possibility on the cards now more than ever.
Unicorn trade agreements not likely, and US will force us into a secondary status "partnership"- tick, US looks a shit partner for various reasons and has said so, no one else queueing up for trade.
Racism and xenophobia will rise - tick, on the rise.
Sterling fall - tick.
And so on...

Of course, Leavers never lied, apart from when they lied, since they never offered anything to begin with, still don't...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The Tories won’t care, [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION]. They send their kids to public schools, they couldn’t give a toss about the peasants in state schools. Same with the NHS, let those who can’t afford private healthcare, lay on trolleys for 18 hours. It doesn’t matter to them.

What a pathetic statement. Do you really believe that every Tory voter sends their children to private school and doesn't use the NHS? Keep the Red flag flying high. Not saying they get everything right but compared to Corbyn ..............

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The problem with modern life and the internet, is that there is a record of things people say. I think she has resigned so she can make a bid for Prime Minister.

[tweet]1131270489941454849[/tweet]

Maybe she fundamentally and comprehensively changed her mind in three years.

Just think of how many other people may have changed their minds in a similar time, maybe only slighlty.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What a pathetic statement. Do you really believe that every Tory voter sends their children to private school and doesn't use the NHS? Keep the Red flag flying high. Not saying they get everything right but compared to Corbyn ..............
Unfortunately the Tory party have been hijacked by people like that.

Just as Labour have been hijacked by momentum.

It's just taken longer with the Tories.

Raab, Rees Mogg etc.. have some quite extreme views if you read their political works.

Mogg wants to remove legislation banning growth hormones in meat and Raab thinks we don't work long enough hours.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unfortunately the Tory party have been hijacked by people like that.

Just as Labour have been hijacked by momentum.

It's just taken longer with the Tories.

Raab, Rees Mogg etc.. have some quite extreme views if you read their political works.

Mogg wants to remove legislation banning growth hormones in meat and Raab thinks we don't work long enough hours.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

It seems like that, with the Brexit characters you mention and more. But the overwhelming majority of Tory MP’s are Remainers, hence the impasse in the Commons ... their heart isn’t in Brexit. Similarly, they do not adhere to the generally more right wing policies of those characters.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here