Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Really? Leicester?

Come on Lewis, got to aspire to doing better than that. Unless he thinks they'll get anywhere close to winning the league again :lolol:

Under Rogers I can see Leicester being top 6 this season.
If Maguire does move on Dunk might also look at how his career has progressed at Leicester and see them as a stepping stone to an even bigger club.
Sadly I can see this happening.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Under Rogers I can see Leicester being top 6 this season.
If Maguire does move on Dunk might also look at how his career has progressed at Leicester and see them as a stepping stone to an even bigger club.
Sadly I can see this happening.

Not sure he needs a Leicester stepping stone. More likely to go straight to one of the big 6 IMHO. Of course, I hope he stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Pompey lad to replace Dunky!!?? I think not.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't be entirely surprised if we signed him and then loaned him out to the Championship for a season ( Stoke ).

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Heard persistent rumours from Spurs fans in the last couple of weeks that Toby Alderweireld is likely to be off and that they are targeting Dunk as the replacement. Whether this is true or not, he is likely to be coveted by other Prem sides.

And as for Duffy. Reports of him being on the town and being domineering in the changing room (only know that from NSC, so could all be rubbish) would make him far from an obvious Potter type of player.

We could see quite a bit of engineering in an area of the squad most would regard as being in the "if it ain't broke" category. But this lad from Pompey can't be the answer in the short term if that does happen. Prem is a huge step up.

Clubs will be going after Maguire before they start sniffing around Dunk.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Possibly also Keane, Tarkowski and Mee .

Depends what you want really. All 3 above are good defenders but none are as good with the ball at their feet as dunk is.
Personally I think it’s largely redundant talk tbh. City if anyone will want Maguire. Liverpool can’t see them being interested. Spurs likewise but if a couple do move on then they could be after a ball playing CB. United defo looking but again can’t see them coming here for Dunk. Chelsea same. Arsenal well they wouldn’t do to bad coming in for dunk tbh but they don’t have a massive budget this year especially if they miss out on CL again.
I personally don’t see any of the top 6 looking to sign any English CB at the moment unless it’s Maguire.
It will then be who do Leicester want if anyone from dunk or Tarowski.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Spoke to my Pompey supporting brother in law, his opinion is Clarke is the best defender in the league, really comfortable on the ball. We may have to sell dunk or Duffy in order to release funds for a striker, if so looked like a good replacement, young, British, just lacks the premier experience,

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Spoke to my Pompey supporting brother in law, his opinion is Clarke is the best defender in the league, really comfortable on the ball. We may have to sell dunk or Duffy in order to release funds for a striker, if so looked like a good replacement, young, British, just lacks the premier experience,

Lacks Prem experience is a massive understatement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here