Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
He would with what we have at the moment as neither Balogun nor Burn have shown that they are the answer on a long term every game basis.

Neither of them have had enough game time to make a judgement on. Very few players are so good that you can drop them in to a handful of games in a season and expect a 100% performance out of every game. Vast majority of players will need to get a run of games before they can hit peak form on a consistent basis, and these two haven't had that opportunity.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Why wouldn’t he go? They’re a level above us, they can push for the top 7, he will get a nice pay rise, possibility of playing in Europe with a better squad, and will also have a better chance of getting into the England squad. I would be annoyed if he went to Leicester, but I could understand why he would if they came in.

Agree with those factors,but it's essentially kissing goodbye to any chance of bigger teams that he must surely have his eye on. Arrive at Leicester and he's probably not going to move on again within a season or two, making him probably too old for a top six club to be interested. All conjecture obviously, and he could show real ambition and sign for either Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with those factors,but it's essentially kissing goodbye to any chance of bigger teams that he must surely have his eye on. Arrive at Leicester and he's probably not going to move on again within a season or two, making him probably too old for a top six club to be interested. All conjecture obviously, and he could show real ambition and sign for either Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow.

No, you are spot on PG... if Dunk goes, then he should be looking for Big 6, not Leicester IMHO... and, yes, Leicester are a bigger club than us...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Strongly feel Dunk will be a Gunner next season ..... and Duffy to Leicester :(:annoyed::annoyed:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bar Norwich, all teams with a better squad than us already and (potentially) strengthening further.
More resigned than panicking.

I'm not sure Everton bringing in a goalkeeper from Huddersfield counts as 'strengthening'.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
And keeping Hughton would have changed that how?

I don't recall saying that it would.

Who's crying?
We've had a month since the end of the season and, so far, we've recruited more managers than players.
Being linked with Rangers and Portsmouth players.
Oh and Villa went up too.

#Championshipready

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I don't recall saying that it would.

You did imply it:
Corrected for you.
Arguing that 'Next season is looking like obvious relegation, which is something we could not say before our managerial switch...' implies that the sacking of CH is the deciding factor in whether we stay up or not. You've then gone on to contradict yourself and state how it was in fact a lack of transfer dealings and the quality of players that we were being linked with (despite it only being the second week in June) that meant we were
#Championshipready
and I was merely asking how your initial assertion that switching manager meant 'Next season is looking like obvious relegation', implying that sacking CH is the main reason for our 'obvious relegation', bares any relevance to our apparent lack of transfer dealings transfer dealings in comparison to other teams, that you're simultaneously saying is the main reason for our 'obvious relegation'.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Duffy to Everton maybe?

Oh, I doubt that but you never know! I bet they got a lot less than the £4m Blackburn got for him and it'll cost them 7-8 times that to get him back!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You did imply it:

Arguing that 'Next season is looking like obvious relegation, which is something we could not say before our managerial switch...' implies that the sacking of CH is the deciding factor in whether we stay up or not. You've then gone on to contradict yourself and state how it was in fact a lack of transfer dealings and the quality of players that we were being linked with (despite it only being the second week in June) that meant we were and I was merely asking how your initial assertion that switching manager meant 'Next season is looking like obvious relegation', implying that sacking CH is the main reason for our 'obvious relegation', bares any relevance to our apparent lack of transfer dealings transfer dealings in comparison to other teams, that you're simultaneously saying is the main reason for our 'obvious relegation'.

I think that sacking a manager who kept us up twice and replacing him with someone who's never done anything in English football will likely send us down, yes.
However, my gripe at this time is that we don't even seem to be close to signing anyone, let alone having done so already. And the players report back this week to meet the new boss. Then full training in two weeks.
The clock is ticking.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sake. Confirmed transfers in in the PL so far this window :
Villa - 2 in (one from Birmingham, one from Lille). Nine players have left so they have a squad of about 15
Muff - 1 in (from Bristol City)
Burnley - 1 in (from Curzon Ashton)
Everton - 1 in (Lossl from Hudds)
Norwich - 1 in (loanee)
Spurs 1 in (from Notts County)
West Ham - 2 in (both free transfers)
Wolves - 2 in (one from Yeovil, one from Benfica)

No other team have signed anyone. Don't think it's quite time to panic just yet.

Bar Norwich, all teams with a better squad than us already and (potentially) strengthening further.
More resigned than panicking.

And Sheffield United. Apparently.

Look again.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender rumour

And the players report back this week to meet the new boss. Then full training in two weeks.
The clock is ticking.

I think Players don’t report back for another fortnight. And training doesn’t start until July 1st.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here