Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
A Portsmouth supporting mate mentioned last week that Potter had been interested in signing Matt Clarke for Swansea and speculated they he might want to bring him to Brighton. It seems some journalists have come to this conclusion to. https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...smouth-defender-matt-clarke-4233361#popup-sso

21 year-old CB, highly rated by Portsmouth. My mate reckons he's definitely good enough for a top championship side but obviously the leap to the PL is huge. He was their Players' Player of the Season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnoeIBa9S4

Someone else can find the WAG pics. Apologies if fixtures; nothing came up when I did a search.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He is 22 and at 6ft 1", would need to be good to force his way in.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, my extensive scouting of 1 game on the telly says this is a good shout, but hardly an area we need to strengthen, as far as we know...

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
On the most recent Albion Unlimited Johnny and Warren were speculating about whether Graham Potter might favour a more ball playing centre back (or two) and might also sell one of Dunk n Duffy to raise funds to strengthen the squad elsewhere. Don't know enough about Matt Clarke to know if comes under the "ball playing centre half" category but could be relevant.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
From memory, Matt Clarke went from Ipswich to Pompey and Adam Webster went the other way. Webster then signed for Bristol City and is very highly rated as a ball playing centre-half and tipped for the Prem.
Just saying!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
On the most recent Albion Unlimited Johnny and Warren were speculating about whether Graham Potter might favour a more ball playing centre back (or two) and might also sell one of Dunk n Duffy to raise funds to strengthen the squad elsewhere. Don't know enough about Matt Clarke to know if comes under the "ball playing centre half" category but could be relevant.

Splitting up the Dunk and Duffy partnership.... now that does come under the very risky category

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Didn’t look very good in the recent playoff game

A poor mans Dan Burn

But I suppose he is all we can afford now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here