Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just hoping that we have a few more irons in the fire than a young noddy league centreback. Decent prospects are fine, but we're clearly going to need to sign some genuine quality and experience if we're going to make a fist of it this season, THATS what I'm waiting to see.

I'm sure its all in hand though.
    Nah, that'll be job done for this window. The de-mob happy recruitment staff were all seen skipping out of Lancing last night singing 'we're all off to sunny Spain!' and wishing each other all the best until December.
    To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Only thing that worries me is that Ryan doesn't dominate the box physically, which is somewhat compensated by the imposing Dunk 'n' Duffy partnership and although I've never seen Clarke play, I'm a little concerned over set pieces. Having said that, he is obviously a top talent and I will trust the club on this one.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      And the chappy we signed last year
      Iíve got him down as playing the left side of a three if Dunk is central. Balogun & Burn would not suit that position in my opinion.
      :guitar:

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      I'm just hoping that we have a few more irons in the fire than a young noddy league centreback. Decent prospects are fine, but we're clearly going to need to sign some genuine quality and experience if we're going to make a fist of it this season, THATS what I'm waiting to see.

I'm sure its all in hand though.
      Well who knows if they are a success or a failure , all signings are a risk - but idea we wonít be looking to make several big acquisitions is pretty far fetched.
      We bid £16m for a player the other day for starters.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
      I am another who is very Meh about this potential signing. Seems pointless to me unless Balogun is off. Frankly if Potter can turn the ponderous defensive, fearful team from the last 6 months into some attacking, vibrant goal scoring success without serious investment in midfield and forward areas then it wont be long before Real Madrid come calling for his services. I hope that is well in hand.
      Yep. Iím sure thatís Albionís recruitment done for 2019. See you in January.

1 Not allowed!
      Well the last centre back from Pompey worked out quite well. Steve someone or other. Bloke with a headband.
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Yep. I’m sure that’s Albion’s recruitment done for 2019. See you in January.
      Not at all what I was saying but feel free jump into club defence mode. I will say again, I see little to get excited by in this signing since the truly important work is still to come. Personally I would like to see some inroads made into that soon since training starts in a week or so. This signing will likely make no difference to our survival chances next season, the ones to come, soon I hope, will.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      Iíve got him down as playing the left side of a three if Dunk is central. Balogun & Burn would not suit that position in my opinion.
      Potter played 3 at the back a handful of times last season. He might be considering that for 19/20 but idea thatís its likely and Clarke is going straight into the starting 11 is quite the assumption.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
      Not at all what I was saying but feel free jump into club defence mode. I will say again, I see little to get excited by in this signing since the truly important work is still to come. Personally I would like to see some inroads made into that soon since training starts in a week or so. This signing will likely make no difference to our survival chances next season, the ones to come, soon I hope, will.
      Having depth in our squad is also crucial to our survival chances.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      It's a good strategy to buy the Dunk and Duffy replacements ( Clarke and Burn ) well in advance rather than in a panic at the time.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner