Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Find it hard to understand that so many still consider Murray as part of our plans and now adding Hemed to this. Nobody doubts that Murray is as good as anybody in putting chances away. We now need someone who as well as doing this can create own chances by faster movement and able to beat defender to ball. I can still remember the game when he was clear but knowing he would be caught up came back and laid ball off.

Murray, if we get that younger striker, will naturally be a reserve.
Hemed, will be a further reserve, or be sold on (the recent contract give the club the opportunity to raise money on his sale).

Despite the sniping, Murray wasn’t the cause for all woes last year, his goals kept us up yet again. Fact.

Instead our midfield had no pace or creativity. Locadia, Andone and Murray, when upfront, were starved of service.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Murray, if we get that younger striker, will naturally be a reserve.
Hemed, will be a further reserve, or be sold on (the recent contract give the club the opportunity to raise money on his sale).

Despite the sniping, Murray wasn’t the cause for all woes last year, his goals kept us up yet again. Fact.

Instead our midfield had no pace or creativity. Locadia, Andone and Murray, when upfront, were starved of service.

Agreed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't understand? The lower league Pompey fans assured us he was going straight into our starting line up, taking the captaincy, winning player of the year and finishing as top scorer? :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't understand? The lower league Pompey fans assured us he was going straight into our starting line up, taking the captaincy, winning player of the year and finishing as top scorer? :shrug:
While I trust you exaggerate, what did the Pompey fans say, and was it on tw@er?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm gonna paint an f-ing great big number 5 on the front of my house.

Then sell it to the club for £4.25m in the process negotiating a deal whereby they loan it back to me for 3 years.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Would be good for us, if it happens - In a position we're a touch short in, difficult to compare him to Tomori but a bit older and got much more experience so thumbs up from me.....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Would be good for us, if it happens - In a position we're a touch short in, difficult to compare him to Tomori but a bit older and got much more experience so thumbs up from me.....

I think he's very similar to Tomori in that he's only a year off being a contender for a place in the Premier League - although that opinion is based only on the game at Crawley where he looked very classy because he didn't try and do anything silly. He did everything very simply and was comfortable in a 4 man defence, and a 3 man defence. He's obviously played a good number of games, been captain and led a side. He'll be a good signing for you, and loaning him there is a good investment from us in the player as well.

In a years time we're going to have both Clarke and White back with top end Championship experience, it's only going to help us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If he is as clumsy and dozy as Tomori, we've paid a couple of million too much for him.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

I live in lower league Pompey territory and have been told repeatedly that Clarke was a future England international, just waiting to step into our team when the Dunk/Maguire chain happened. I would crack up if we signed their best player and sent him out on loan, in fact I might go down the pub and rub their silly skate bothering faces in it!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think he's very similar to Tomori in that he's only a year off being a contender for a place in the Premier League - although that opinion is based only on the game at Crawley where he looked very classy because he didn't try and do anything silly. He did everything very simply and was comfortable in a 4 man defence, and a 3 man defence. He's obviously played a good number of games, been captain and led a side. He'll be a good signing for you, and loaning him there is a good investment from us in the player as well.

In a years time we're going to have both Clarke and White back with top end Championship experience, it's only going to help us.

Well, fingers crossed!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's our player of the year FFS :)

I know!

But we know what he is like from his time here, and I watched enough Derby games last season to see that he still has one ricket a game in him, either through slicing it into his own net, or falling asleep (the winning goal in the cup game here, a prime example of the latter).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here